Something About Nothing ... #12

Lunch sounds yummy. Now I want pizza... and that daiquiri! This is what happens when you end up in meetings until 1:30, you start dreaming of what you are going to eat.

YAY on finding your travel bag for your trip already! That is a great feeling.

Pizza is ALWAYS good.. but another thread now has me wanting to try a Scotch Egg...

@macraven it IS a small world (at least that is what those dolls keep singing over and over again - so they must be right). and you are spot on - the ND is for Notre Dame - it is where I went to college. who else here is in GA other than us?

I sort of lived in GA for about 15 years. I was a mile from the GA line, in SC, just outside of Augusta. (Though, as most know, I'm not there now). School usually started earlier in GA than SC. It wasn't always that way. SC passed a law that schools couldn't start before the third Monday. Before that, I remember reporting to work as a public school teacher in July - though the students didn't come until the start of August. FL passed a law that said schools couldn't start before August 10th. (So - those heading to Orlando can keep those dates in mind for southeast school crowds in the theme parks!)

Lunch was pizza and salad with a strong strawberry daiquiri for me and pink lemonades for both of us........DH was driving. It was nice........then coffee and muffins mid afternoon.......no room for dinner tonight.......

That sounds good. Now I'm craving a strawberry daiquiri.

dafb856e212a2d006acfd61755622e7c.jpg

Yes thank goodness Friday eve!

Funny I just returned from grocery store (omg is Bill high with 6 people in house- kinda liked just the 4 of us lol), had to restock the vodka.

As far as roo goes- friend just bought land and farmhouse and wants chickens. Need to text her to see when she will be set up- and if she might want a head start to flock! Problem is I'd probably have to send the other lil one too as the 2 of them are quite attached and bonded. And that would break my heart- the lil hen is just the sweetest- always comes for a cuddle when I sit on patio- stretches out completely and lays head on arm- so trusting.

And this living in Georgia- do you do the bacon Run in the fall? Think it's in Atlanta? Saw it in my Rachael Ray mag!

I would love to hear you say "youse" in your Scottish accent! My parents, two of my sisters, niece and nephew are in NYC now for my nephews HS graduation present.
82467CF4-D501-4815-BC80-5CCA400A8645_zpsosanmtxw.jpg

The Empire State Building view from their hotel.

Love the picture pc.......and can't wait to get back up ESB......Tom is dreading it though....not for him, he knows I'm terrified of heights and just about managed it previous visits just for mum.......the pictures of me clinging on for dear life are..........funny......lol.......one day you'll hear my broad Scottish accent.......I do tone it down usually, but after a visit home it gets quite pronounced.......apparently.......I can sound very Scottish or Southern English depending on who I'm talking to at the time..........

Pizza is ALWAYS good.. but another thread now has me wanting to try a Scotch Egg...

My husband loves Scotch Eggs.......me, not so much......

That sounds good. Now I'm craving a strawberry daiquiri.

It was lovely.......DH doing me a homemade one now.........:D

ooh Pizza. Nah, too hot here. Maybe burgers for dinner. Have to see if the kids want some, as I think they went swimming. Little one better not be worn out. Last late night practice for the season. I am beyond happy. I like to be in bed early on week nights. Sigh. At least I am hoping the roaming pocket of rain or thunderstorm slated for today is gone by sundown. Driving in rain is a pain, in the dark, even more.

Yay! Schumi's got a nice bag for NY.

Great picture PC. Nice graduation present.

Bacon? Maybe Saturday. Work days get measly breakfasts. Either that or the kids have to make. I doubt they bother. Soup is usually the go to for little one. Older one, whatever can be nuked or junk, is usually his go to. Whee for little one, two more days of school. She's been taking finals, and since only 1 a day, they can come in late if the final is later, and leave when done. Very short days for her. And, like clockwork, our schools have always started the Wednesday after Labor Day. This year, for the first that I can remember, it will start the day after Labor Day, that Tuesday. We also always go 184 days, so the teens or low 20's of June to end. Little one is happy, as the Jewish high holidays fall on week days, so short weeks to start the fall back to school. So ready for summer break.

Yes thank goodness Friday eve!

Funny I just returned from grocery store (omg is Bill high with 6 people in house- kinda liked just the 4 of us lol), had to restock the vodka.

As far as roo goes- friend just bought land and farmhouse and wants chickens. Need to text her to see when she will be set up- and if she might want a head start to flock! Problem is I'd probably have to send the other lil one too as the 2 of them are quite attached and bonded. And that would break my heart- the lil hen is just the sweetest- always comes for a cuddle when I sit on patio- stretches out completely and lays head on arm- so trusting.

And this living in Georgia- do you do the bacon Run in the fall? Think it's in Atlanta? Saw it in my Rachael Ray mag!

awww - the hen story is the sweetest one ever! they cuddle??? i really hope it is not a roo.

okay - had to google this bacon run. ha ha ha ha! how did miss this? looks like was in october. and it wasn't even that far from my house. check out the marketing!

upload_2017-6-15_15-40-18.png

The Tastiest all-you-can eat Bacon 5K Run/Walk is coming to Atlanta! There will be fists full of bacon as well as other bacon flavored treats from our vendors! And it's only 3.1 miles, because you shouldn't have to work too hard for Bacon. You get an official The Bacon Run™ t-shirt and part of the proceeds go to Charity. So you get to EAT BACON, WEAR BACON, and GIVE BACON. It's a win-win!

Love the picture pc.......and can't wait to get back up ESB......Tom is dreading it though....not for him, he knows I'm terrified of heights and just about managed it previous visits just for mum.......the pictures of me clinging on for dear life are..........funny......lol.......one day you'll hear my broad Scottish accent.......I do tone it down usually, but after a visit home it gets quite pronounced.......apparently.......I can sound very Scottish or Southern English depending on who I'm talking to at the time..........

My husband loves Scotch Eggs.......me, not so much......

It was lovely.......DH doing me a homemade one now.........:D
I guess you won't be doing this then...
18AE403B-0620-4808-AEBE-ED37F0EF513A_zps6a81mqfv.jpg

Willis Tower (used to be Sears tower) in Chicago. I think it was 103 floors up.

awww - the hen story is the sweetest one ever! they cuddle??? i really hope it is not a roo.

okay - had to google this bacon run. ha ha ha ha! how did miss this? looks like was in october. and it wasn't even that far from my house. check out the marketing!

View attachment 244554

The Tastiest all-you-can eat Bacon 5K Run/Walk is coming to Atlanta! There will be fists full of bacon as well as other bacon flavored treats from our vendors! And it's only 3.1 miles, because you shouldn't have to work too hard for Bacon. You get an official The Bacon Run™ t-shirt and part of the proceeds go to Charity. So you get to EAT BACON, WEAR BACON, and GIVE BACON. It's a win-win!
Oh wow! I'm down for that!

I guess you won't be doing this then...
18AE403B-0620-4808-AEBE-ED37F0EF513A_zps6a81mqfv.jpg

Willis Tower (used to be Sears tower) in Chicago. I think it was 103 floors up.

Nope.....not in a million years......hands are sweating and getting nervous just thinking about it!! I'm not great walking over bridges.....lol.......

I force myself to do things like ESB and Rockefeller.........too good an experience to miss, but my face in some pictures........it is kinda funny when you can see the terror behind the smile.......lol.....

Nope.....not in a million years......hands are sweating and getting nervous just thinking about it!! I'm not great walking over bridges.....lol.......

I force myself to do things like ESB and Rockefeller.........too good an experience to miss, but my face in some pictures........it is kinda funny when you can see the terror behind the smile.......lol.....
One day we will cross paths! Looking forward to meeting you and Tom. Pic from the top of the rock yesterday.
00D5FFA8-C47D-4BA3-A854-1B782698152A_zpsxw4j38zh.jpg

It may be awhile before i eat an egg. I like to think of my food not having a face even if it does lol.

Ever wonder why Hemingway' cats haven't eaten the roosters? :)

It may be awhile before i eat an egg. I like to think of my food not having a face even if it does lol.

Ever wonder why Hemingway' cats haven't eaten the roosters? :)
Lol no roosters near his house! Coincidence, idk lol
Those damn things are all around Mallory square though!

One day we will cross paths! Looking forward to meeting you and Tom. Pic from the top of the rock yesterday.
00D5FFA8-C47D-4BA3-A854-1B782698152A_zpsxw4j38zh.jpg

We will at some point I'm sure........yep, be good to meet up finally..........lovely picture.......I love NYC!!! One World Trade is so impressive........we saw it incomplete, then when we were there last year Obama was there our last day in the City so we missed the opening, far too busy......we did pay our respects below though. Amazing structure........

At the risk of sounding like a weather reporter.......we have just had a downpour.......and sun is still shining.......weird.......

So, no Steak?

I never have looked one in the eye for that very reason lol

Lovin the casual...i was in the big Apple comment. How cool is that? Under good circumstances, I'm 8 hours drive away. haven't been in years since no direct flights any longer from PIT. Ridiculous.

Yet spirit again has $40 RT flights to vegas from my burg, a 5 hour flight. :confused3

Yeah, haven't been back to NYC in years. Train ride for me, I think around 1 and 1/2 hours Amtrack or around 2 if local. Awesome pictures PC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter