Something About Nothing............ #14

Oh I do like a cheese plate, Schumi. Us too, rarely do we eat dessert. Sometimes one gets ice cream, then all want. But no, even on vacation, I rarely do desserts as well.

Yeah Mac. Why I may just keep that evening flight. The idea of even stopping once is so annoying, as a 2 hour flight nonstop.

Kids went grocery shopping. Apparently, my pound of ground sirloin was not enough for the burgers they want for dinner, so they bought another pound, and picked up burgers to cook, that had cheese and bacon mixed in them, plus, since pork chops looked so nice, they bought those too, as guess what us for dinner tomorrow?

Hehe, should have shown DH the camel. He asked what day it was a few minutes ago. Even funnier, DH entered the land of having an iPhone, so little one set his ringer to be a dog barking. Not to be outdone by her getting older one’s phone, when he got his, to set it to be forever he be known as princess. :rotfl:

We haven’t had ns in mid September to Halloweenish for a few years now, so originally was the usual stop in STL, this is the 3rd change they have done for these specific flights still the shortest travel time, but adjusting departure and arrival by about 20-30 minutes

Do you wonder if #4 is going to happen?
That would not be good.

Such talent and patience charade and Lynne have with their puzzles.

Do you ever frame any of your puzzles or do they go back into the box in the closet floor?

Playing ketchup on the sans today.

I like a sweeter wine too. I’am partial to an Italian Moscato I can buy locally here..... It’s sweet, but not overly sweet. We have it on a special occasions and any time the mood arrives.
Bartenura is my favorite Moscato. Difficult to find here in stock.
What a wonderful time having a girls day with your granddaughter. She is so cute. That piece of cake looks bigger than she is. I like Cheesecake Factory. Their food is delicious. They do have a large menu. Never been disappointed with anything I have had there.
Lol we both polished leftovers off yesterday. Closest location nearby is a good 1-1/2 RT, don’t get to enjoy as often as I’d like.
I’am taking him out to lunch at a restaurant that has been safe on space.

I will have a small party for him on Sunday with just a few family members. Trying to keep him safe.
Nice, yes, we all need to stay vigilent to try & get thru the first one wave, let alone delay the 2nd one

B87A386C-3F1F-4726-B99F-FEE2EB0C5573.jpeg
The practice rules for HS fall sports here have been in coordination with the state regulatory offices but much of the implantation as to specifics left up to the coaches/school boards.

The state has pushed back games several weeks & mandatory heat acclimation week one week, it has been shorted to just evening practice.

DS’s team has been split into smaller practice groups for the voluntary sessions now. Helmet fitting done individually & weight-lifting in much smaller groups & in larger, more ventilated area.

I’m literally holding my breath there for them all. Same as with the school that is going back with 5 days as a week option. Figure two weeks in will give a very good indication of whether the children can be safely in such close quarters with each other.

VA applying for bankruptcy in the US is a tactical move to get their rescue package plan started. Hoping they succeed for the folks employed, we know a few and pray they keep their jobs, husband and wife both work for them. We`ll still get our money back if they did go under through the CC, but more worried for jobs and the whole industry as they are one of the big guys!! Yes, they have been involved with Delta for a long time now.
That is interesting as to the bankruptcy filing.

We haven’t had ns in mid September to Halloweenish for a few years now, so originally was the usual stop in STL, this is the 3rd change they have done for these specific flights still the shortest travel time, but adjusting departure and arrival by about 20-30 minutes
Gotcha. As long as they keep the connections workable, more of a minor convenience thus far then.

We flew air Tran, then onto SWA since they took them over. Easily 8 to 10 flights per year with the on average. This year is the only time we’ve had any sort of flight changes that initially began with the air max issue.

sitting on bucket of points & large cancelled flight credits. Won’t be a happy camper if they don’t honor them.

Bartenura is my favorite Moscato. Difficult to find here in stock.

Lol we both polished leftovers off yesterday. Closest location nearby is a good 1-1/2 RT, don’t get to enjoy as often as I’d like.

Nice, yes, we all need to stay vigilent to try & get thru the first one wave, let alone delay the 2nd one

View attachment 516069
The practice rules for HS fall sports here have been in coordination with the state regulatory offices but much of the implantation as to specifics left up to the coaches/school boards.

The state has pushed back games several weeks & mandatory heat acclimation week one week, it has been shorted to just evening practice.

DS’s team has been split into smaller practice groups for the voluntary sessions now. Helmet fitting done individually & weight-lifting in much smaller groups & in larger, more ventilated area.

I’m literally holding my breath there for them all. Same as with the school that is going back with 5 days as a week option. Figure two weeks in will give a very good indication of whether the children can be safely in such close quarters with each other.

That is interesting as to the bankruptcy filing.

We LOVE Bartenura, love the blue bottles also, we have been buying it at Sam’s club for about $10 a bottle so we always have loads of that on hand.

I used to buy it from HYVEE for about $15-16 a bottle and saw that distinct bottle at Sam’s and the price and said “no way” probably sounded like Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High!!!!!!!

We LOVE Bartenura, love the blue bottles also, we have been buying it at Sam’s club for about $10 a bottle so we always have loads of that on hand.

I used to buy it from HYVEE for about $15-16 a bottle and saw that distinct bottle at Sam’s and the price and said “no way” probably sounded like Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High!!!!!!!
Unfortunately, the commonwealth of PA severely limits who can sell wine other than their state stores (few grocery stores with even more limited options).

it nearly $17 a bottle here

I did a double take in Sam’s in Orlando seeing a case of land shark 2/3rds less than what we pay at home

I keep forgetting to ck to see if it’s worth making a run to the WV Or OH border to pick up a couple of cases of that wine

Good evening. Pretty good day today. We had the closing on our mortgage refinance. Hopefully there won't be any problems this time.

My boss appreciated her birthday surprise. She said that she tries to forget her birthday. I told her that we were celebrating the day, but forgetting the year. She was a bit surprised that I even remembered. I didn't tell her that it was easy to remember since it is is the same day I had gallbladder surgery several years ago.

We decided to go to Olive Garden for dinner tonight. I now have enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Do you have a TJ Max near by? They a have a large selection of Kipling and other travel bags.
We do have a TJ Max but I never think about going there.

I saw some of the “The Child” merchandise at Target the other day.
I have managed to avoid buying some for myself. I can't wait for the new season.

On a positive note it’s my sweet hubby’s birthday today.
Happy birthday!!!

Dance like there is no one watching and live like there is no tomorrow.
I have a shirt that says Dance like no one (who can commit you) is watching.

That`s one of the many, many reasons I don`t go to the cinema either......Tom banned me years ago as everything was just dreadful.......last few times have been in the afternoon with a massive crowd of 4 or 5 including us......bliss!!!!
For most movies I am content to wait and watch at home. There are a few, like Avengers Endgame, that need to be seen in a theater. Thankfully our theater finally caught up with the times and we can now select our seats ahead of time. I try to sit where no one can sit behind me.

I know some folks have dessert every night, we never do
I would love to have dessert every night, but I'm already overweight enough. We have eaten far to many desserts since the pandemic began.

For Charade, finally finished it.
I love the puzzle. How long did it take you to finish it?

Do you ever frame any of your puzzles or do they go back into the box in the closet floor?
All of ours have gone back in the box except the tiger puzzle. We spent 38 hours on that one. It had been glued and will soon be framed.

I guess it's late enough to leave a light on.

Kfish
Gwinnett county is in the area near Atlanta.
Their numbers have been high for the virus since the start.

More spread the virus during the demonstrations last month.

Not sure if that area is doing classes in the schools or at home by computer.

My area had a delay and they are back in the class room
August 10
90% in my community voted to have k-5 grades in school 5 days a week.
Upper levels will attend school on a staggering basis
M-Th
High school will have number of days in school and rest by computer assignments at home

I’m glad this did not happen when my kids were students.

I know it’s scary for you going back to work.
It’s very difficult for teachers and students to deal with this set up.
Sending you mummy dust you do have a good school year!

I'm hearing things in GA are pretty bad. And I recently saw a school district there that made masks "strongly suggested"....what?!?! Completely irresponsible.

@KStarfish82 i understand your worry over school. Particularly for older staff too. One lady (60) from grandchildren’s school had COVID and was in intensive care but thankfully has made a full recovery. My daughter is a TA for a SEN child and when schools began to return here before summer break his GP said he had to stay home - so no work - she will probably be waiting right till September to find out.

I often think about some of our older staff. I cannot imagine what they are going through. It is such a hard time for so many people. But the risks are just too much. I hear of kids going in and testing positive and boom!...their class or possibly school is shut down and they have to be in quarantine for 2 weeks.

And yes, Kfish. Very scary times for staff and kids. I am still not happy that little one’s university is now saying two of her classes are a now hybrid. What? Sigh. All should be online, like older one’s college is doing.

IMO, the hybrid model is more to appease parents (at least those who want these kids out of their house) than anything else. I just can't wrap my head on how this will actually work, the effectiveness of instruction, and the additional workload that will be put on teachers.

@Robo56 yup....sharks seem to be making themselves comfortable here. Wonder if the storm will do anything to change that.

Hopefully those who weathered the Tropical Storm/Hurricane are OK. We didn't lose power or have damage, but many people here did.

You have good taste in tv shows!
My husband is a huge Batman fan He loves everything from the campy Adam West version up to the recent Gotham series. I bought him the complete Adam West series for his birthday a few years ago.

GA is in the number 5 position on listed states.
We are after New York on our numbers.

I wish masks were mandatory in all the counties in Ga but it’s not.
Sooner or later, maybe it will.

Masks are required to enter our Walmart, Publix, Food City and Walgreens.
Don’t know if it is enforced as I stay at home most of the time.
My house has been cleanest ever these past 4 months.. lol
I’m so good at it now, I could hire out.

Was keeping up with the weather in your area and I thought about you and hoped you would not have a lot of damage.
Glad you let us know
Weather channel did great coverage and I had it on day and night.

charade, Batman was a fun tv show!
I’m sure you knkw every episode about it now.
Bet it’s one of your husband’s favorite gifts you gave him.

Things are going good for me and hope all of you are doing fine.

Nice to see some of the night crew here tonight.

I have fun looking for unusual Batman items for him. I bought him this shirt
I also got him a GCPD shirt. One time when he wore it someone thanked him for his service.

He bought a shirt similar to this one when we were in Alaska.
Someone asked him where Batmoose was.

Morning everyone - rude awakening this morning with an early parcel delivery. All fast asleep when it arrived.

Should be a beautiful day here but currently low cloud no sun. Going to check on MIL and parents homes this morning then will enjoy the garden later if the sun appears.

@Charade67 GS loves Batman - one of his obsessions - can name all the actors and villains, musicians etc - not been allowed to watch The Joker or one of the Batman that is rated 15 yet and asks regularly when he can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter