Something About Nothing............ #14

Turkey is out and being brought up to room temperature....everything else is prepared and just waiting to be cooked.....

Red wine bottles have been opened and champagne is chilling......not much more to do except wait. Enjoyed a lighter than normal brunch, but nice all the same....plenty of pots of tea to be enjoyed.

Still windy as heck outside, but so mild......

Time for some facetime and Happy New Year calls.........

cv104-S.jpg

Ah, tea and a very good smelling kitchen, sounds like a perfect morning you had, Schumi. A very happy 2022 to you, Tom, and Kyle.

Yes, no matter the day, I’m still up early too. Even when I was a kid, I’m just programmed to be an early bird.

And as the first Saturday of the year, have to say,
2D267EB5-6E9D-443E-A28A-72DE2207D8E5.jpeg

Yay! And yep, starting this new year still having tea with the start of my day. Made some gingerbread cookies last night, as had my little gingerbread man cutter still not out away. Sprinkled sugar on him, as did not want to decorate. Lovely side with my tea. Then either we will go out to breakfast, or I’ll make some eggs, and pancakes and toast.

Then, yep, lazy day.

Charade, I hope you are still asleep, getting a good night’s sleep. I hope this year is much better for the care of your mom. Hugs. Just because you’re not as close in distance, does not mean you love and care for your mom any less.

Super happy Saturday morning homies. Yay, and:
D481D7FB-EE0D-48BD-B625-0A806085E3DD.jpeg

8D4784A9-20F8-40DE-8D02-A601B1CDFE6A.jpegBB158365-53A8-4F71-B847-5BD1FF3ADBE1.jpeg
Getting ready to plop a beef brisket in the oven. DH & DS won’t eat the NYE leftovers. So much of it on hand. As usual I over cooked, NY resolution to cut back on holiday meals is in order. May just keep that one!

GD got her 2nd booster, went down like a rock the next day here. forgot how nerve-wracking it is when a kid spikes a high fever. pretty much back up to speed yesterday AM though. Glad I had some wedding soup in the freezer & fruit pops.
The weather is disgustingly gross. It was -58F here with ice fog this morning.
SMH still over that temp! I shared it with a few people, they thot I was making a funny. Hard to believe people can live where it gets that cold
Both things wouldn`t be found in our home......sweet wine 🤢or inexpensive wine......I`m sure you`ll enjoy it though. Each to their own.
lol guilty as charged, like mine resembling koolaid. Favorite is bartenura moscato. Often use it for mixing with liquor concoctions.

A dry champagne is wasted on me too, only a Good asti will do
We are going to see Nightmare Alley on Thursday, latest Guillermo del Toro movie, and have apps/drinks at the cinema bar, which specializes in tequila.
how’d you like it? That’s a fancy movie theater. sadly, no such animal in our parts
our adult kids still want to spend so much time with us as parents on occasions like Christmas and New Years......guess it varies, but we all felt very lucky when we spoke of it being a blessing.
i encouraged my kids to just continue to hang with us, especially on NYE to avoid them driving. They were here last night too:). Two of them back here today. The mr says it’s because it’s free food & drink, I beg to differ lol
Kyle gets his booster today and is now off till Monday too, another nice long weekend for him.
good for him!
Smoked salmon
nice reminder of the package I have in the ‘fridge. Guess I’ll have to eat it on a bagel all by myself next week for dinner.
This year has gone by fast for me
older i get normally would agree. This year & last, time has stood still ala groundhog day
My mom is doing much better. She was released from the hospital Tuesday evening. The doctors are still unsure what caused her to black out. They ruled out heart attack, stroke, and blood clots. She is supposed to have a follow up with the cardiologist soon.
hope they figure it out soon. Have they checked her for vasovagal syncope? Quite common in the elderly upon rising
I spoke to an elder law attorney here in Atlanta and he said that we were taking the correct steps, but advised me that Mom may never see that money again.
sadly, perhaps. however, I wouldn’t let it go quietly either. if she has assets, perhaps could lien them at the very least.
If gravy has a flour taste to it the roux was not cooked long enough. There is a fine window of time when the roux is just right before you add the milk. Same thing on the thickness. If it’s to thick not enough milk was added and it was cooked to long.
didn’t know about cooking it too long= thickness. That’s probably the culprit as I’m sure most places prepare it in bulk & let it sit.

if I had a dollar for every time I’ve burnt a roux over the years…still, willing to risk it vs that pasty taste.
Sorry to hear your mom is having to be in quarantine again. I pray things will get back to normal at some point, but I think the new normal will continue sadly over time at the cost to many.
sounds horrid but, with the daily robo calls of reinfection; have almost become numb to it. Learned that the robo calls Come in mid afternoon, a general advisory as to which building/hall & whether employee or resident. If you get a phone call in the AM, it’s not good news as family member is directly involved.
Been catching up on a few things for past few days. Another dental appointment and granddaughter came over to help put a few Christmas things away.
more dental? Yuck. So nice your family is nearby.
We watched first two Indiana Jones movies yesterday evening. We will watch the third one this evening. They are oldies but goodies. Harrison Ford was a handsome fellow. Hard to believe the first Indiana Jones was made in 1981. Forty year ago.
haven’t rewatched in years, love them. Heck, I even enjoyed the crystal skull one :). Looking forward to the new movie
Jack Daniels, Amaretto, loaded up with pineapple and cranberry juice and lime juiced and added
same, Jack & amaretto rarely used here. Did use same mixer as base for punch last night. Was happy to find a gallon jug in store with the cranberry pineapple mix.
So...I can get online and play my games as well as watch DVDs but no television for the whole weekend because of this yard guy. He apologized many times but this still caused me some problems.
seriously, talk about lousy timing to lose cable.
And as if my neighbors need practice, fireworks already being set off since about an hour ago. M80’s started it, now hearing honks and fireworks every so often. Not even close to midnight here, yet.
idiots here started early too. my pooch had his thundervest on, seemed to help a bit there as well as my oldest DS dog being at our celebration. They see mingle commensurated together

Unthinkingly, we watched the live MK FW video after midnight. Started up the whole process again with those two, duh.
Oh and after much contemplation pushed the cruise we were scheduled to board in 2 weeks off for 2 more months.
I thought of you when I saw the CDC recommendation. at least the family is making it home for the holidays
My brother went on a 9 night cruise right before Thanksgiving, and on day 3, virus positives of some crew, so he and wife were mostly confined to cabin, and not much else to do. They came back testing negative, but with the lesser amount of fun and always worried about testing positive, we have decided not to cruise any time soon.
other than the risk element, the different experience is deterring us. Disappointing, as I had planned on jumping on last minute cheap cruises when the mr retired. if the lines survive this mess, will just have to be patient

the protocols in the parks were easy enough to adapt to for us. The current restrictions on the ships would ruin the vibe we’ve always enjoyed in the past. Found it interesting that DCL recently canceled so many excursions etc. We were never the sort to stay onboard that line or the more engaging activities on the mega RCCL ships when in port. Know I’d wind up feeling antsy if we booked anything.

What really surprises me is they aren’t exactly having fire sales either. Combo of so much pent up travel demand & probably still so many people with cruise vouchers from last year, there’s no need. :confused3

So far I have had an exciting morning of paying bills and doing laundry. We might venture out later and go to a movie. I also need to order B’s books for spring semester. She is taking a class about Tolkien. Fortunately she already owns The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogy.

It`s been a horrible end to the year for you, and yes, incredibly stressful with what you`ve had to deal with. I hope your aunt doesn`t realise you won`t pursue this to the end and does the right thing, but at least she won`t get anymore.
We haven’t said anything, but she probably suspects we won’t actually have her arrested. I’m hoping we can scare her enough that she will at least give back some of the money if she hasn’t already spent it all.

Charade, I hope you are still asleep, getting a good night’s sleep. I hope this year is much better for the care of your mom. Hugs. Just because you’re not as close in distance, does not mean you love and care for your mom any less.
Thanks Lynne.
I woke up at 7 today but managed to go back to sleep until 9, so I feel a little better today.

hope they figure it out soon. Have they checked her for vasovagal syncope? Quite common in the elderly upon rising
I don’t know about that. I’ll have to get my sister to ask. She had actually been sitting for awhile when she passed out

sadly, perhaps. however, I wouldn’t let it go quietly either. if she has assets, perhaps could lien them at the very least.
I didn’t think about that. She does own some land and probably the mobile home she lives in.

I need to see what else I need to do around here. No cleaning, laundry, or anything was done while I was gone.

Yeah Keisha, while the kids abd so enjoy cruising, the three of us are like until it’s back to doing our own thing in port, and going to the ports planned, with no masks and no restrictions. Thinking 2024 or 2025. We are just not looking to book anything right now.

Older one felt better. So he’s still at work. I’m hoping there’s not much business. So he can relax some. Later dinner for us. And since it’s just a little one and me lunch or brunch, we did go to First Watch, and enjoyed our meals. Now stuffed after walking the mall, that was not that busy. Ended up with soaps that were all half price. Score. Chill time. Which is fine with me, as still full and with the rain that has not stopped raining since early this morning. And with the bulk of the rain to fall later in the day, no need to be out for anything in the pouring rain. Older one did bring his rain gear to work.

View attachment 634902View attachment 634903
Getting ready to plop a beef brisket in the oven. DH & DS won’t eat the NYE leftovers. So much of it on hand. As usual I over cooked, NY resolution to cut back on holiday meals is in order. May just keep that one!

GD got her 2nd booster, went down like a rock the next day here. forgot how nerve-wracking it is when a kid spikes a high fever. pretty much back up to speed yesterday AM though. Glad I had some wedding soup in the freezer & fruit pops.

SMH still over that temp! I shared it with a few people, they thot I was making a funny. Hard to believe people can live where it gets that cold

lol guilty as charged, like mine resembling koolaid. Favorite is bartenura moscato. Often use it for mixing with liquor concoctions.

A dry champagne is wasted on me too, only a Good asti will do

how’d you like it? That’s a fancy movie theater. sadly, no such animal in our parts

i encouraged my kids to just continue to hang with us, especially on NYE to avoid them driving. They were here last night too:). Two of them back here today. The mr says it’s because it’s free food & drink, I beg to differ lol

good for him!

nice reminder of the package I have in the ‘fridge. Guess I’ll have to eat it on a bagel all by myself next week for dinner.

older i get normally would agree. This year & last, time has stood still ala groundhog day

didn’t know about cooking it too long= thickness. That’s probably the culprit as I’m sure most places prepare it in bulk & let it sit.

if I had a dollar for every time I’ve burnt a roux over the years…still, willing to risk it vs that pasty taste.

sounds horrid but, with the daily robo calls of reinfection; have almost become numb to it. Learned that the robo calls Come in mid afternoon, a general advisory as to which building/hall & whether employee or resident. If you get a phone call in the AM, it’s not good news as family member is directly involved.

more dental? Yuck. So nice your family is nearby.

haven’t rewatched in years, love them. Heck, I even enjoyed the crystal skull one :). Looking forward to the new movie

same, Jack & amaretto rarely used here. Did use same mixer as base for punch last night. Was happy to find a gallon jug in store with the cranberry pineapple mix.

seriously, talk about lousy timing to lose cable.

idiots here started early too. my pooch had his thundervest on, seemed to help a bit there as well as my oldest DS dog being at our celebration. They see mingle commensurated together

Unthinkingly, we watched the live MK FW video after midnight. Started up the whole process again with those two, duh.

I thought of you when I saw the CDC recommendation. at least the family is making it home for the holidays

other than the risk element, the different experience is deterring us. Disappointing, as I had planned on jumping on last minute cheap cruises when the mr retired. if the lines survive this mess, will just have to be patient

the protocols in the parks were easy enough to adapt to for us. The current restrictions on the ships would ruin the vibe we’ve always enjoyed in the past. Found it interesting that DCL recently canceled so many excursions etc. We were never the sort to stay onboard that line or the more engaging activities on the mega RCCL ships when in port. Know I’d wind up feeling antsy if we booked anything.

What really surprises me is they aren’t exactly having fire sales either. Combo of so much pent up travel demand & probably still so many people with cruise vouchers from last year, there’s no need. :confused3

lol...never even heard of that wine......never a sweet wine will pass our door!! Most folks make a mistake with white wine, they think it should be served ice cold.....it really shouldn`t, once it warms slightly, not warm, just not ice cold you get better aromas and flavours from it, but so many don`t. Champagne is something personal, I`m not fond of the mass produced Moet and Chandon that many think is a good one.....it`s really not. Pol Roger is one of our favourites if not a good Crystal.....yes, too dry is not nice too.

Food sounds lovely at yours as always......you can tell the folks that cook a mile off......we don`t do leftovers either except turkey, and we just gave away half a huge turkey to our guests that left...it was mahoosive....and gorgeous!

Yes, a roux is always worth doing. Makes such a difference.

And glad the little one is much better after the booster! Goodness she did take a knock.....they bounce back quickly at that gae thankfully. Kyle got his on Thursday, I might have told you.....but he was fine this time, just a sore arm.

So far I have had an exciting morning of paying bills and doing laundry. We might venture out later and go to a movie. I also need to order B’s books for spring semester. She is taking a class about Tolkien. Fortunately she already owns The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogy.

We haven’t said anything, but she probably suspects we won’t actually have her arrested. I’m hoping we can scare her enough that she will at least give back some of the money if she hasn’t already spent it all.

Thanks Lynne.
I woke up at 7 today but managed to go back to sleep until 9, so I feel a little better today.

I don’t know about that. I’ll have to get my sister to ask. She had actually been sitting for awhile when she passed out

I didn’t think about that. She does own some land and probably the mobile home she lives in.

I need to see what else I need to do around here. No cleaning, laundry, or anything was done while I was gone.

It`s a shame she knows you won`t pursue it further, but I do hope you see some of the money back, she doesn`t deserve a penny of it.

They didn`t do anything when you were gone.....oh I`d be having words there.....I am always glad when I`m away or both of us, we do come back to no housework or laundry. Last thing you needed to be doing. Hope you managed to have a nice weekend though somehow.

Friends arrived around 3.30 today and dinner was a huge success. My turkey was buttery, succulent and juicy as heck......and it was a whopper of a size! And it was just lovely having company of friends again with our family for a special dinner.

We are filled to bursting now......I even ate dessert that I don`t usually have.......and there wasn`t much leftover.....whatever was left went in the trash, except the turkey which we shared and will have it again tomorrow in gravy for dinner.

We enjoyed the bottle of wine Fernando from Strong Water Bar gave us before we left last month as a gift, beautiful bottle of wine we had ordered a couple of times and he had previously gifted to us, it was lovely. I do admit to opening that one after they left.....didn`t want to share that one.......we had plenty of other stuff though, all good.

They left around 9pm and we are laying around like beached whales now.

Tomorrow is not fun......taking down the trees and all the decorations. Takes ages but all the good tree decorations need to be wrapped individually and put away in storage tubs in the attic. Place looks so bare when everything comes down.

Won`t be too late in bed tonight......have a few emails to catch up on with my Dis ladies......:hyper2: And another mild night ahead for us.......

Hope everyone has had a lovely New Years Day........🥂

Last edited:
It was good. A bit strange, like most Guillermo del Toro movies. It's a movie chain that started here and is in other parts of the US now. It's called Alamo Drafthouse. They were building one in Orlando before covid started but have since abandoned it. Unfortunately, the bar was understaffed with only one guy, so we just got the same drinks and chips/green chile queso that's on the theater menu. They also have food in the theaters, where we split a cobb salad and had more cocktails.

Yeah, will be 60 tomorrow and 37, with wind chill temp in the 20’s on Monday, us too Charade. Don’t think they are saying snow though. But we have had a bit over an inch of rain so far. Saying rain mostly outta here by the wee hours, but a shower of two tomorrow morning is a good chance of happening. Very dreary day. With that, we all wanted a hot meal for dinner. Made good use of the oven, with fries and tater tots baked, then cheese added to both, with the tots having some chopped up chicken, chopped tomatoes, and chopped up onions. Little one wanted a steak sandwich, so pan fried a steak, then sliced it very thin, added cheese, and on a hoagie roll, one of which we had picked up a half dozen of them at the grocery store today. Me, decided I really wanted mac and cheese, so made that with the leftover cheeses and corkscrew pasta I had a bag of it, as it was waiting to be cooked. And what was left? Only my mac and cheese. But with a little extra milk added to it, will be acceptable to eat tomorrow. And we are all stuffed too.

Glad to hear turkey was delicious and had a nice evening, Schumi. They said there was such a demand for champagne, there were empty champagne shelves found at many of our liquor stores. Eh, I rang in 2022 with the rest of my teacup’s tea. I haven’t had champagne in years. To each own, but I do like a sweeter tasting white or blush wine.

Quiet night, and such a perfect Saturday night for us. Does not feel like it’s New Year’s Day. But as ever back to routine, our Sunday will have us getting the trash out, and alarm set, ready for the week day routine.

All in my house have settled down and I am all talked out now
Kids leave in the early morning and now are going to pack up their suitcases

Just now checking in here and wish all have 2022 as the best year ever!

Good night and sweet dreams for all

♥️

To each own, but I do like a sweeter tasting white or blush wine.

Yes, you do mention it every time I talk about wine.....I`d never try to talk someone out of what they like whatever I think of it, but yes, I do know you like that stuff. And I do always say.....to each their own.

All in my house have settled down and I am all talked out now

Just now checking in here and wish all have 2022 as the best year ever!

Good night and sweet dreams for all

Oh you`ll miss them, you have had such a lovely visit with them, house will seem quiet for sure. I loved hearing how much fun you`ve had and you`ve looked after them so well.

how many times can they say the same thing over and over

I wonder that too at times.

Had the loveliest of sleep ins this morning......after several late nights it was bliss!!!

Then we braved the scales this morning.......

cv63-Th.gif

Big oops. The scales know we`ve indeed had a very merry including and not exclusive to Christmas/Florida/Weekends/friends/Wednesdays.....you name it, we celebrated it......payback time now.........but, so much fun.....wouldn`t swap the last 2 months for anything.

So, back to reality and with a bang as as we`re about to take all the decorations down today.....takes some time so I`ll be able to avoid the fridge.....lol......

I do have some Brie I`d really like to eat though!!

Beautiful day here again, but slightly cooler.....mac I wish I had your temps right now even though we`ve had the mildest NY ever.

cv125-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Sunday ☺​

Ah yes, a Sunday it is. And thankfully, warm, as 52 already. But yeah, it’s raining. Guess that rain valve did not shut off yet. Should be turned off soon, as weather lady said should be just cloudy soon, and will see a sunrise that will be hazy and just maybe, the clouds will lift enough before sunset to see a peak of sun. Not complaining, as by sunset we will ge close to 60 degrees. Yay!

But as up early, with a very quiet house. The rain must not be hard like we heard around 10 last night. Some very hard, noisy rain. Ten pm news said that weather radar rainy cell that was passing over us even had some thunder being heard. We didn’t hear any thunder, but even older one remarked how loud the downpour was. But as that was hours ago now, the rain that I see out the window is light, almost like a drizzle, and the street sounds of the cars does not sound wet. Good that our marching mummers will have a nicer day to strut down the City streets, than that oh so wet and dreary day that was our start of this new year. But I’m sure no one will care if that usual mummers’ full day of performances is traditionally performed yesterday, is this year, now moved to today. Will be locally televised, and no way will you find me down there to watch in person. Did years ago, including one year from DH’s office, when he used to have an office along the route. There has been years when it was oh so cold. Today, those poor fancies bands will be sweaty in their full costumes. I’ll probably switch channels to watch some of it. I’m not fond of the comic clubs that start the parade. So maybe just a few minutes watching to see how far along it is.

So that’s our day. Mostly. Watching whatever each of us wants to watch, or play with online friends. And, trash out for pickup in that chilly morning weather we will have tomorrow. And hope no trash will be blowing around if sticking out of the cans, as saying 30 mph wind gusts will be blowing. So from a overcast, almost too warm day, to a snowy chance for some of our viewing area and close to freezing the high, I’m very happy with today’s weather. And I’m assuming some shopping for whatever kids think we need to have to eat for the next couple of days. May see what the produce place has when they open. Have to check, but they tend to be open by 8 most days. If so, I’ll be there just after they open. Should not be as busy then. I hope anyway.

So good morning Schumi. I hope your morning has been enjoyable, as kinda sad to be putting all holiday decor away. But as even our stores have little to no holiday decor showing, but the Valentine’s Day decor has been seen around everywhere. So maybe find pretty reds and pinks decor around soon, though I’m sure your home is lovely decorated for just that everyday.

The only Valentine’s Day decor I do is remove the holiday wreath on our front door, and change to to a red roses and greenery one. Will do that today too, as our holiday wreath is stored with our other holiday decorations. Did take down our other holiday decorations yesterday. Seems the weekend after the Christmas is a good time to put away the holiday decorations until this year’s holiday time starts, mostly right after Halloween. Yay, as should be enjoying HHN hopefully this year, with little one looking forward to joining me if I can find a private tour during her much shorter stay. It’s definitely the way to go if she only wants one night. And unless they offer that bogo this year, I may look hard to see if I really want to buy more than one day. But those thoughts won’t start to mid Summer.

So from a warm feeling day, like Schumi is having too, I hope she has enjoyed some morning tea. I’m enjoying a cup.

Serene Sunday homies. Hope you get this Sunday to relax some. A day of rest, indeed.

And yes, alarm has been set. Earlier bedtime for me too. That week day long week day routine for me. Will think about making next Friday an off day, as then it will be a four day holiday next weekend. Yay! So will certainly have that wahoo Friday feeling this Friday, as first full week I’ve been back to week day routine. Three woots deserved, as last three week days’ routine weeks included more than half not working as holidays off and off days. Woot! Woot! Woot! So still plotting as wondering if little one and I can squeeze in a Spring trip. Have to see if they let seasonal APs enter when concerts may be happening this Spring. If not, maybe a May one, as with no Spring Break time in little one’s university calendar, she’s done by the end of April. Ah, even as back to routine I go, I always have that AP in my lanyard hanging on my desk. Yep, a good motivator. LoL

Time to find a snack. Both kids went to sleep after I did. And I said a good morning to little one two hours ago, as she said oops, guess it’s bedtime for me. Sigh. College kid still on break. Even with morning classes, she’s still not an early bird. But that’s okay, as long as she’s up early when she needs to. And she does. So I’m assuming if older one does not get up in a few hours, I’ll be serving brunch. Older one will not mind breakfast food, little one would prefer lunch items, but will always never turn down bacon. So I always cook the whole pack, as none ever become a leftover

Stay happy and healthy homies. Good Morning. ::yes::

Morning all! I hope everyone is doing well today. I just ate breakfast...scrambled eggs, bacon and orange juice. Going to chill on the sofa today watching "In Search Of..."...for those of you who remember the show.

Big changes coming for temps...today...86 for the high...tomorrow...64! It will feel nice for some cooler weather for a few days.

Have a good day!

Good morning Metro. Nice breakfast you had. I ended up with eggs and bacon with my tea. My kids have yet to make an appearance, so I might be doing breakfast round two later today. Hope your viewing means your cable is back. I watch that reruns of that show sometimes. And yeah, big dip in temps for us too, 60 to 35. And snow changes. Oh well. It is January.

It’s 28F here. Heading up to Oklahoma soon to pick up DS tomorrow. It’s currently 16F where he is. I wanted to walk some before our 7-8 hour car drive, but it’s too cold for me. Just waiting for my blue hair dye to set and listening to some music. Blue hair is a lot harder to maintain than I though it would be. Ah, the price of beauty:rotfl2:

Good morning Metro. Nice breakfast you had. I ended up with eggs and bacon with my tea. My kids have yet to make an appearance, so I might be doing breakfast round two later today. Hope your viewing means your cable is back. I watch that reruns of that show sometimes. And yeah, big dip in temps for us too, 60 to 35. And snow changes. Oh well. It is January.
Morning Lynne...no cable...until Tuesday. I'm watching the DVD collection I have but haven't watched in a while. The cable will need to either be replaced or spliced before my cable television is working again...it shouldn't take long I wouldn't think...but that do I know? ;)

hey all! Just done having a leisurely & semi healthy brunch I.e. no leftover Holiday cookies Baby steps

will take a stab at divesting tree of its ornaments whilst the mr belatedly pressure washes a couple sets of deck steps that have gotten too slick Have to rectify before ice hits/can still turn on the outdoor faucet

His big gas one we have has needed dropped at shop for repairs for over a year. Still sitting in shed. Santa brought a smaller snow joe one hehe. Will pass it on to one of the kids away if the other is back up to speed
She is taking a class about Tolkien. Fortunately she already owns The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Love LOTR. Just couldn’t get thru that movie re the author
Most folks make a mistake with white wine, they think it should be served ice cold.....it really shouldn`t, once it warms slightly, not warm, just not ice cold you get better aromas and flavours from it, but so many don`t. Champagne is something personal
So true re champagne Whenever I see the word in print, always think of old bugs bunny bit where he pronounces it Cham-pag-ne lol
you can tell the folks that cook a mile off......we don`t do leftovers either except turkey, and we just gave away half a huge turkey to our guests that left...it was mahoosive....and gorgeou
Yes, day & out. I could eat roast Turkey or chicken every week.

I laugh when someone, usually a younger man, makes a dish he cribbed off food network & suddenly fancies himself a gourmet chef
Make sure they don’t pack a cat. They tend to love suitcases
Then we braved the scales this morning...
Oh, I’ve not had that nerve yet
But I’m sure no one will care if that usual mummers’ full day of performances is traditionally performed yesterday, is this year, now moved to today.
The one & only as far as I know. Certainly unique tradition
Big changes coming for temps...today...86 for the high...tomorrow...64! It will feel nice for some cooler weather for a few days.
That’s what we called a heat wave 2days ago! Enjoy
Just waiting for my blue hair dye to set and listening to some music. Blue hair is a lot harder to maintain than I though it would be. Ah, the price of beauty:rotfl2:
U give new meaning to the term ‘blue hair’ lol.

do u have to strip ur natural color first?

Morning all! I hope everyone is doing well today. I just ate breakfast...scrambled eggs, bacon and orange juice. Going to chill on the sofa today watching "In Search Of..."...for those of you who remember the show.

Have a good day!

Bacon for us too this morning.....grilled in a healthy way.....booo....but delicious all the same. I have a friend who is Jewish who doesn`t eat bacon, but she popped round just after breakfast and even she admitted the smell was lovely......and it was!

Yes, we have cooler temps coming our way too....sleet by Thursday....joy....might get to wear my santa outfit again.....lol......

Morning Lynne...no cable...until Tuesday. I'm watching the DVD collection I have but haven't watched in a while. The cable will need to either be replaced or spliced before my cable television is working again...it shouldn't take long I wouldn't think...but that do I know? ;)

We had issues with new boxes installed before Christmas.....didn`t record anything on the 3 of them.......guy came out....didn`t fix it, instead knocked our internet off.....another guy who is more expereinced we`ve met before came out on Thursday and we can now record on the boxes, but a specialist engineer is coming on Tuesday.....goodness knows what for, but it`s the time and effort of calling them and going through all options before finally speaking to someone......nightmare! But their broadband is the fastest in the UK, and we have them for everything......

I think they make things appear difficult deliberately.

hey all! Just done having a leisurely & semi healthy brunch I.e. no leftover Holiday cookies Baby steps

will take a stab at divesting tree of its ornaments whilst the mr belatedly pressure washes a couple sets of deck steps that have gotten too slick Have to rectify before ice hits/can still turn on the outdoor faucet

His big gas one we have has needed dropped at shop for repairs for over a year. Still sitting in shed. Santa brought a smaller snow joe one hehe. Will pass it on to one of the kids away if the other is back up to speed

So true re champagne Whenever I see the word in print, always think of old bugs bunny bit where he pronounces it Cham-pag-ne lol

Yes, day & out. I could eat roast Turkey or chicken every week.

I laugh when someone, usually a younger man, makes a dish he cribbed off food network & suddenly fancies himself a gourmet chef

Make sure they don’t pack a cat. They tend to love suitcases

Oh, I’ve not had that nerve yet

The one & only as far as I know. Certainly unique tradition

That’s what we called a heat wave 2days ago! Enjoy

U give new meaning to the term ‘blue hair’ lol.

do u have to strip ur natural color first?

lol....I`m sure I heard the scales squeal!!!

Yes, that was our heatwave too last few days, alas again, changes afoot.

Yes, the old pronunciation of champagne..........you do hear some doozies of sounds form how folks think words should be sounded.......

Oh heaven help us from so called cookery experts!!! Yes, boiling an egg doesn`t make you a chef.......

Semi healthy brunch sounds about right for this time of year.....baby steps indeed.....Tom reminded me I had made salted caramel ice cream with the extra dulce de leche I made with the extra cream........well, I`ll just have to eat that as no-one else likes it........:rolleyes1 I`m going to quote your baby steps.......lol.

So, spent all day clearing the trees, all decorations, wrapping up all the nicer tree decorations individually for next time. We have huge plastic tubs for them all, and fingers crossed we`ve never had one damaged yet. So many are from the Christmas Store in IOA, so don`t want them damaged. And it did indeed take all day! I think we need to cut back on the amount of trees we have up every year.

But, everything is stored in the attics again, whole house has been tidied form bits of glitter and off the trees.......still have some Christmas Yankee Candles to burn, but they smell nice anytime.......

2nd turkey dinner coming up.......it`ll be just as good as yesterday and of course my guys will have the remains of the flourless chocolate cake I made to eat, and I really do have to finish off the ice cream I made. Of course I do. :)

Then quiet night finding something to watch, might join Todd and end up with DVD`s. We don`t watch a lot of tv, but as usual, over the Holidays if we have switched it on to watch something it`s been completely dreadful. Glad I don`t depend on it for entertainment.

Having a mostly lazy Sunday afternoon. I've washed a load of laundry and reorganized my linen closet, but that is all. I'm supposed to return to work tomorrow, but that will depend on how much snow we get.

how many times can they say the same thing over and over
And yet there will still be people who somehow missed the news.

Then we braved the scales this morning.......
I haven't done that yet. I am afraid to find out.

Ah yes, a Sunday it is. And thankfully, warm, as 52 already. But yeah, it’s raining. Guess that rain valve did not shut off yet. Should be turned off soon, as weather lady said should be just cloudy soon, and will see a sunrise that will be hazy and just maybe, the clouds will lift enough before sunset to see a peak of sun. Not complaining, as by sunset we will ge close to 60 degrees. Yay!
We had lots of rain and wind last night. It is supposed to get up to 63 today, but only 40 tomorrow. I guess we can't avoid winter forever.

The only Valentine’s Day decor I do is remove the holiday wreath on our front door, and change to to a red roses and greenery one.
That's more than I do. I want to put something on my mantle (not necessarily Valentine related) but I don't know what.

Just waiting for my blue hair dye to set and listening to some music. Blue hair is a lot harder to maintain than I though it would be. Ah, the price of beauty
I need to do my hair today too. No fun colors though, just my ordinary dark brown.

I never read the books, but enjoyed the movies.

Today we have been taking ADRs for Disney. I am a little over a week away from being able to make reservations. Now if the price of flights would just go down...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter