Spaceship Earth to close May 26th

I am keeping my fingers crossed those who have predicted SSE is open until Ratatouille opens are right. Our DD's graduate HS and college in May and our HS DD was 4 yrs old when we last visited, and was in full belief we were in space when she saw the earth way below at the pinnacle of the ride. It was going to be a highlight of this upcoming trip, having her go back on SSE to really understand it (and for us to razz her about actually being in space).

Just got an update from Martin a trusted insider at WDWMagic.com - per him the redo may not be as extensive as originally planned, including they MAY NOT(please note this is NOT locked) be rerouting the track for load and unload

Any update on when it may start? We were able to get FP for early April! Hope it sticks!

FP+ for TT start on 2/27 (3 weeks from today)

Seems like the bean counters have won again.
Reduced project scope to reduce cost and have it open for the 40th.

Tricky situation with the China parks being closed and rumored budget cuts...will they start this or wont they?

Tricky situation with the China parks being closed and rumored budget cuts...will they start this or wont they?
Shouldn't impact it. China parks reduce earnings now. According to their 10-K, Disney straight-line amortizes capital improvement projects to rides over 20-40 years, and per US accounting practices, they wouldn't start realizing those costs until the ride starts providing income again (e.g. when it reopens). That's way in the future.

If you get a FP for the ride and then it goes into refurbishment, what happens to your FP? Does it just get straight canceled or do you get an any-use FP?

If you get a FP for the ride and then it goes into refurbishment, what happens to your FP? Does it just get straight canceled or do you get an any-use FP?
It depends. When Primeval Whirl kept having its closure extended last fall, most people got another ride assigned to them like EE or Dinosaur. When GMR closed a few years back everyone got Multiple Experience FPs. I am going to guess you’ll get an Multiple Experience FP that isn’t good at TT or Frozen.

FP+ starts tomorrow am for us...I will be booking for 2x during our trip...fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter