Spoodles!! Yes!!

We ate at Spoodles last Sunday night, and it was our favorite restaurant of the trip. We had a great server and the food was delicious. I had tried to change my ressie to a later time, but disney dining told me it was booked. Maybe they don't have enough wait staff, because the place was only about 1/3 filled. I wish I could remember our servers name. My DD loved being able to make her own sundae. The chocolate apricot pistachio cake was great, and the sangria was good, too. I will definitely go again, but hope I don't get one of those bad servers!
I think customer service has gone downhill everywhere. I thought Disney was known for that, but there are always employees who just don't get it.

Truly, the decline in customer service nationwide is just a by-product of the decline in courtesy and respect nationwide. :sad2:

did anyone that has dined there in the last 2 weeks or so notice if they still offered scallops and shrimp for an extra $6 or so to add to the steak or, most importantly, the alfredo? I read a dining review recently that said this was no longer offered.
I am curious to know if it is no longer offered on the dining plan or if it is no longer an offering period, to those not on the dining plan as well.
We have dined there as our 'last night' meal for 2 years, and were hoping to do so this year as well, but if they no longer have those delicious scallops, I may have to find another restaurant! :sad:
PS - we're not on the dining plan so that's why I'm curious to see if it's just affecting the DDP...

luvpooh said:
did anyone that has dined there in the last 2 weeks or so notice if they still offered scallops and shrimp for an extra $6 or so to add to the steak or, most importantly, the alfredo? I read a dining review recently that said this was no longer offered.
I am curious to know if it is no longer offered on the dining plan or if it is no longer an offering period, to those not on the dining plan as well.
We have dined there as our 'last night' meal for 2 years, and were hoping to do so this year as well, but if they no longer have those delicious scallops, I may have to find another restaurant! :sad:
PS - we're not on the dining plan so that's why I'm curious to see if it's just affecting the DDP...

They don't have them on the menu. I asked if I could still have them. I was not on the DDP. They did let me order the alfredo with shrimp.

luvpooh said:

In past weeks I had heard so much about the included add ons at Spoodles, but when we dined last week they weren't even listed on the menu. Another cost saving measure no doubt!

grgich said:
My family of 5 ate dinner at Spoodles on Thu 8/17. I believe we had Deb as our server. In my opinion, she ruined our dining experience there. My children are 10, 11 and 13, so all 5 of us are considered adults on the DDP. We told her we were going to order 4 full meals, not 5, and she gave us a hard time, telling us that the meal plan wasn't designed for that, blah, blah, blah..... I really think she was thinking that we were trying to somehow "cheat" the system, and save up child meal credits or something like that. (We had shared MANY times previously that week, and EVERY server we encountered was very supportive of our ordering 4 meals for the 5 of us.) I don't think it could have been the "tip" expectation since we ordered a $75 bottle of wine - our sharing had nothing to do with being "tight" with the $$. Anyway, I basically ignored her and ordered only 4 meals. But the kicker was that as I was ordering, she continued to make "recommendations" on what I should or should not order. "Don't order the lamb, it's not very good. You should order the shrimp, it's much better.... You aren't going to order the steak??? Everyone orders the steak, it's really good.... blah, blah, blah". I never *asked* for her recommendations, if I had asked for her advice, then that would have been fine. But it felt like she was steering me to order the more expensive items off the menu, instead of what my family likes. And to top it all off, I asked for more pita bread for the dips appetizer, and she very seriously told me that it would cost extra, and didn't I just want to use the bread from the "free bread basket"???? Well, no, I already ordered a $75 bottle of wine (Cakebread Chardonnay, BTW, it was good) and the $1.99 for the extra pita bread is not gonna break the bank.... She already had a "tab" running for the OOP items (my SIL joined us and we paid for her meal OOP - again, we were not in any way "cheating" on the DDP!), so what was the deal with our waitress anyway? I still don't know what her "problem" was, but her attitude for me pretty much ruined my experience at Spoodles. The food was very good, and plentiful, and even with ordering 4 DDP meals, we still had food left over. By the end of the meal, I think she had lightened up a bit, but it all started out badly, and that kind of set the tone for the rest of the meal.

The food itself was actually very good, but I would not return to Spoodles again, as I feel that the wait service is a very large part of the enjoyment of a meal, and I felt more "put-out" by the staff, rather than welcomed. I know everyone has their own experiences/perceptions, and most reviews for Spoodles are very good (which is part of the reason I chose it), so I am just offering up my own experience. YMMV.

Hmm , I wonder if I had the same server. Was she blonde, heavy set, upper middle aged? I wonder because she told my husband as well that the lamb wasn't any good and actually told him he "HAD" to order the shrimp when he tried to order the flat bread, stating we had already ordered enough flatbreads! When we ordered our entrees she also said "NOONE is ordering steak?" We kind of had a different spin on her though and weren't offended but kind of amused. I will agree that some may be offended by this type of comment though. My husband did order the shrimp and it was fantastic. We thought the service was fine. I do agree that there is not enough Pita bread for the amount of dip, but I LOVED that appetizer.

Cool post! We'll be going here next week :Pinkbounc
I have a somewhat silly question. The lemon chicken entree - is it boneless and skinless? Or vice-versa? I'm leery of ordering entrees like this after an experience in a foo-foo restaurant where I ordered something very similar, and was given a tiny, on-the-bone thigh. :furious:

Our family loved Spoodles! We ate there on Friday, September 1st with an ADR we made a couple of months in advance. Well, we liked it so much that we called the next day and made an ADR for Saturday night as well.

I'm hoping to post my dining reviews within the next couple of days. This was our second year in a row with free dining, and we enjoyed both times very much.

ok, so wait, i'm confused. They DO OR DO NOT have shrimp alfredo. Very important to me as this is the whole reason my little boy wanted to eat there (and the only thing he will eat btw) the shrimp alfredo. He doesnt want to go now because its just alfredo and he isnt that fond of plain old alfredo.

nurseypoo5 said:
ok, so wait, i'm confused. They DO OR DO NOT have shrimp alfredo. Very important to me as this is the whole reason my little boy wanted to eat there (and the only thing he will eat btw) the shrimp alfredo. He doesnt want to go now because its just alfredo and he isnt that fond of plain old alfredo.

It was NOT on the menu. No add ons. I did ask for some shrimp and they did give me some on mine for an extra charge. I can't guarantee they will say yes. Maybe you could call that day or stop in and ask.

We have never tried Spoodles but may have to after all I have read. Thanks for the review and all the great information.:goodvibes

nurseypoo5 said:

It used to be on the menu as an add on for the Alfredo, Steak, and Rigatoni, and was being included on the dining plan. Now it does not exist on the menu at all with dining plan or without. It has mysteriously disappeared although the rest of the menu is exactly the same. HUGE disappointment for us. As the other poster stated you could request the shrimp(at a charge) because they do have shrimp available in the kitchen as it is an appetizer and also in a seafood entree.

kcrew said:
It used to be on the menu as an add on for the Alfredo, Steak, and Rigatoni, and was being included on the dining plan. Now it does not exist on the menu at all with dining plan or without. It has mysteriously disappeared although the rest of the menu is exactly the same. HUGE disappointment for us. As the other poster stated you could request the shrimp(at a charge) because they do have shrimp available in the kitchen as it is an appetizer and also in a seafood entree.

As I stated at the beginning of this whole thread. They are working on a new menu/ I guess it takes a lot of Disney red tape to put one together. They have a new chef, who is great!
If anyone goes and they have the new menu available, please let us know.

dizfanz said:
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it. I have not been to Spoodles for years. When I first went there 10 years ago, Fettucini Alfredo would have never been on the menu. The fact that it is would be the reason I do not go back now. So sad. I remember the tapas and larger variety of flatbreads. They had a wonderful hummus and mussels and a huge selection of international wines, particlarly by the glass. There seafood entrees were to die for. They also had one of the best breakfast buffets at WDW. Years ago it went to average at best. I have not returned since.

I agree with you 100%. Spoodles was fabulous - years ago. It offered dining options not available elsewhere in WDW. TAPAS!! Its such a shame that they changed the focus of the restaurant.
Anyway, its good to hear that they are trying to make improvements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter