Taking trash bags to trash room

where is the trash room? We stay at OKW and have an extra bag of trash but just waited for our trash and towel day.

where is the trash room? We stay at OKW and have an extra bag of trash but just waited for our trash and towel day.

At OKW, although there may be multiple stairwells (depending upon the specific building design) there is a trash/recycle room on the first floor of every building, located under ONE of the stairwells. Often it is directly under the housekeeping linen/storage room (on the second floor).

I don't know about bldgs 62, 63 & 64, though, since the are newer and have elevators. I haven't stayed in the newer buildings, yet.

I think when you get to your room there should be a message on the phone. I don't think people listen to what is told them at check in, they are in too much of a hurry to get to their room.

Something like this: Welcome to SSR (DVC resort of choice) we are so glad to have you back home with us. Just a few reminders, the ice machine is located XXXXX and the trash room is located XXXXXX and please be courteous to your neighbors by disposing of any trash in the proper place. Have a Magical Stay.

I was told that no way in He&& were they going to take their trash to the trash room, they paid enough for their membership for those lazy maids to pick it up daily for them.

Holy crap!!:lmao:

This is right up there with a stay I had in one of the DVC/Hotels where some guest would put dirty diapers in the elevator garbage can daily. Eeeeew.

During our recent trip to SSR, my roommate made note of all the people who were leaving bags of trash outside their door instead of taking it to the trash room. He had a pet peeve about it, because he said it made the halls look bad.

I never had a problem taking the trash down to the trash room, because it was on our way to the pool, but wasn't really bothered that other people didn't.

What about others? Do you leave your trash outside the room, or take it down to the trash room? What's the "right" way?

Well I'm with your roommate. It's probably my only DVC pet peeve. It makes things look awful. Though I do try to mumble "things I can't control....things I can't control" to alleviate it!:lmao:

I will say that BWV used to be awful with room service trays etc. Looked awful. And now it's wonderful. Well, the last time I was there. Who knows? Maybe from complaints or management finally simply saw how it looked.

I've seen housekeepers at BWV leave the trash bags in the hall and then later on someone else comes by and picks them all up. So it isn't always someone being lazy.

I always take out the trash to the trash room. I can understand trays from room service, but not trash bags left doorside.
We have one complaint though, BWV has the worst facilities for recycling and trash. There was one small bucket for both, next to the ice machine.

I hate this we stayed this year and people had trash outside there door not 100 yds from the trash recycle room. People are more and more lazy every year.

I always take out the trash to the trash room. I can understand trays from room service, but not trash bags left doorside.
We have one complaint though, BWV has the worst facilities for recycling and trash. There was one small bucket for both, next to the ice machine.
We stayed at BWV last month and on our floor (5th) they had the usual trash/recycling room. Ice was in a different room.

We stayed at OKW in July in one of the "new" buildings--I forget it it was 62, 63 or 64.

The garbage/recycle room was on the first floor near the elevators like it is in most other buildings

On my first stay at SSR last year, housekeeping had done a good job setting up the room for my stay, with one exception: they forgot to remove the trash from under the sink. I called the front desk to ask where the trash room was and they actually told me they didn't know! :confused: I was dumbsquizzled. It wasn't in the information book. I didn't see a sign in the elevator area. And asking clearly didn't help. Anyway, it wasn't a big bag, so I put it in the trash can in the front of the building. I don't think I learned where the trash room was until I went down to the pool through the back door.

I'm a solo traveler and I usually only eat breakfast and snacks in the room, so I haven't generated enough trash to take out since then. If I did, you bet I'd take it to the trash room!

Where are the trash rooms at SSR. We are brand new to dvc and will be going to SSR in a couple weeks,

thanks,

We just returned from our stay at the BCV and saw this ALOT. My husband took the trash to the location and the door was locked. A mousekeeper took the bag from him and said they would take care of it. At OKW, hubby took the trash out and found the area. The trash location was filled with bags, so he brought it back and took it back out the next day. We always do our part. We did notice on T&T day that the mousekeeper did not take the recycleables either at OKW or BCV.

"I think I'm more particular about keeping things looking good at DVC than I am at home sometimes!!"

I agree with this statement. We always take the trash when it needs taking out.
BTW, I was at BWV's 8-22 to 8-26 and never saw any trash in the halls.:thumbsup2

Most of the bags being left outside the rooms are Housekeeping...stayed two days cash at SSR. When we arrived to the room the first day trash was outside our room, the next two days after they had cleaned our room the trash was again outside the room. When our stay on points started the guest in the Villa next to us had check-out had trash outside their room when we returned from the parks.

The trash room at SSR is on the first floor next to the Ice Machine room. There are signs posted all along the first floor directing you to it. If you are looking at the front of the building as you are walking in, go to your right, take a left and go straight. It is in the corner. To the right of room XX27

Another option would be to make all of the resort trash services the vacuum tubes like at MK. It could be an attraction to see your trash get "sucked away"!:thumbsup2

WDW has already perfected this technology for the cash in your wallet ..... it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to make it work for your garbage as well ;)

Now, I will put diapers right out side the door. They are doubled bagged in a scented bag. I then pick it up as we leave and throw it in the trash. (not in the elevator). It only sits there for a few minutes as we are getting ready.

If we are in the room for a while I will put the dirty diaper without a bag infront of a neighbors door, knock and run. It is so funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter