The Dis Goes to Italy 5/24 - 6/1/2012 Viva Italia!!!!

Received the photo cd / slideshow today. Nice little taste of vacation. I'm surprised that the cd arrived so quickly. Not that I'm complaining...

HDNET is currently showing Alps from Above - starting in Bavaria. Not sure sausage is involved.

Wow, tornados in Venice yesterday...

a_3k_brown_venice_120612.standard.jpg

Those tornadoes are scary, and I grew up in tornado alley.

I saw on my Facebook that Dino got out of surgery?! Did we know Dino was going into surgery? I don't know what that's all about, but I hope everything went very well! pixiedust:

So I've been having scrap block. I've scapped a couple of things from our trip and trashed them all. Nothing seems to be coming together. So I decided maybe the Pope is just too much pressure and to start with something I know. And this one was still a pain in the tail! But I'm keeping it. I'm thinking it's going to be the last page in the book since that one is a stand alone page anyway.

DisneyStorecopy.jpg

Those tornadoes are scary, and I grew up in tornado alley.

I saw on my Facebook that Dino got out of surgery?! Did we know Dino was going into surgery? I don't know what that's all about, but I hope everything went very well! pixiedust:

So I've been having scrap block. I've scapped a couple of things from our trip and trashed them all. Nothing seems to be coming together. So I decided maybe the Pope is just too much pressure and to start with something I know. And this one was still a pain in the tail! But I'm keeping it. I'm thinking it's going to be the last page in the book since that one is a stand alone page anyway.

DisneyStorecopy.jpg

Kevin mentioned Dino on the podcast. I think it was something to do with his leg.

I love the scrapbook page! I'm going to add some of the pictures from the CD to my blog. I can then create a book via the Everlater website with all of the pictures and blog entries. It won't be as creative as your scrapbook though. I envy anyone that has that creativity gene...

I'm sure that Marilee will provide all of the details- but High level. Dino had surgery on 6/12, I heard from Marilee after the surgery, that it was very successful and that he would going into his room. He would only be staying for a few days and then re-coop at home:beach:.

I'm working from home today :happytv: and the ABD pictures came!!:cool1:.. I can't wait till John gets home from work so we can view them together.... I wonder if they will have any pictures of the Tuscan Prison part :mic: or maybe the Big Jail Break ... :drive:

Lauren - the scrapbook looks fantastic, don't let the Papa cause you stress , I know you can handle it pixiedust:

Just a quick update about Dino :goodvibes

Dino had surgery on Tuesday morning. He's still in the hospital, but hopefully he'll be coming home either today or tomorrow.

Prior to the trip he found out that the femoral artery in his left leg was partially blocked and that the artery in his right leg was about 99.999 blocked.

He didn't want to pass up the trip, so we waited until getting home for the surgery.

For the most part he didn't have any issues with the walking on the trip, but the stair climbing got a little dicey at times. That grand staircase at the Ufizzi was brutal :scared1:

In typical Dino fashion, he didn't want anyone to know about his condition... didn't want anyone worrying about him.

Needless to say, since getting back home things have been a little hectic around the Leach household. :upsidedow

We've been reading the boards :coffee: but haven't had much of a chance to post.

We miss you all - where are we going next ???;)

Our CD arrived too, haven't looked at it yet... waiting to view it with Dino

I'm again reminded of what I already knew:

Only go places with Heather! :hug:

And I need a 300mm.

Great Pope photos! You also got enough close ups of the poor bird/holy spirit that I'm thinking about doing a layout just on him entitled So There Was This Bird! :rotfl:

Thanks! :goodvibes Your pictures are terrific, and I'm enjoying seeing all the special moments and things you noticed and captured.

The bird definitely deserves a page of his/her own after its really special Pentecost experience!

I was really glad to have the telephoto capability this trip. The zoom lens has the typical issue of softer focus at the extremes, but the flexibility was fantastic for the variety of situations we were in.

Fabulous pictures, Heather!! You can really see how much we liked Christina...I wonder if she normally has every person in the tour group hugging her on the last day in Rome. I bet she does. :) I love that you got the pictures of Franco. He looks so calm in all of them.

I can't get over how he doesn't even look like he's driving!

Heather,

Thank you for sharing, your photos are wonderful!

By the way, Cathy and I unpacked our large box of ceramics from Orvieto over the weekend, everything was in perfect condition and a terrific reminder of our day in Tuscany.

I was told that I am not allowed to touch the new biscotti jar even though it is full of fresh cookies.

Not sure if this is because I can be clumsy or because I need to lose weight. :confused3

If I was that kind of person, I'd post "I told you so."

Thank the Dove that I'm not that kind of person.

:laughing:

:lmao:
I too wish I had purchased a few more pieces. Just another reason to go back some day. :thumbsup2

Just a quick update about Dino :goodvibes

Dino had surgery on Tuesday morning. He's still in the hospital, but hopefully he'll be coming home either today or tomorrow.

Prior to the trip he found out that the femoral artery in his left leg was partially blocked and that the artery in his right leg was about 99.999 blocked.

He didn't want to pass up the trip, so we waited until getting home for the surgery.

For the most part he didn't have any issues with the walking on the trip, but the stair climbing got a little dicey at times. That grand staircase at the Ufizzi was brutal :scared1:

In typical Dino fashion, he didn't want anyone to know about his condition... didn't want anyone worrying about him.

Needless to say, since getting back home things have been a little hectic around the Leach household. :upsidedow

We've been reading the boards :coffee: but haven't had much of a chance to post.

We miss you all - where are we going next ???;)

Our CD arrived too, haven't looked at it yet... waiting to view it with Dino

Thanks for the update, and please give both of you big hugs from me! So glad that Dino didn't miss the trip, so sorry we didn't know the extent of that stair climb at the Uffizi before we started...And tell Dino that if there ever is anything else like this that we actually like to worry about people. :hug:

The rest of the photos are up!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49676979@N08/sets/72157630036327033/?page=2

Heather - Thank you for posting your pictures! You got some amazing shots. I loved all of your Venice pics...especially the ones during the mask making. :goodvibes

So glad Dino is okay! Big hug for him

I know we're not talking yet about 2013 trips but I did want to again mention Christmas at DL sounds so nice, doesn't it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter