The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I'm sure this won't affect the quality as they rush to fill orders. :sad2:
My neighbors ordered a camper back in Sept. It came in 2 weeks ago and this past weekend they camped in it for first time. Mid bunk similar to @Teamubr . Anyway, we were visiting when they were testing the AC units. When they fired up front AC there was a large amount of rattling in one of vents. I took vent cover out and it appears when they cut out hole in ceiling and insulation they didn't bother to remove the circular cutouts. They were bouncing around inside duct work. When we checked them all we found 4 of them this way.

:sad2:

Not sure what brand they bought, but a few years ago on the Forest River forums, there were many posts about the A/C ducting not being sealed to the unit in the ceiling. Effectively blowing most of the cold air into the ceiling insulation instead of the actual duct. A few pieces of foil tape later and you had a cold unit.

And 4 years later, I still have saw dust along one wall in the bathroom every time I go somewhere. I have no idea where it comes from.

j

And 4 years later, I still have saw dust along one wall in the bathroom every time I go somewhere. I have no idea where it comes from.
Yes! The mystery dust. My living room slide always has a nice little deposit of sawdust every time I open it. It's similar to every time CW touches my rig a tool magically appears somewhere inside.

Ok, I haven't found anything from Disney to confirm this as of yet so I haven't made a post in the main boards yet but the word from another Disney Campers group is that Disney is no longer allowing golf cart rentals from them unless you have a reservation at the Fort. Existing golf cart reservations will be honored but you will no longer be able to be an offsite guest and come in to rent a golf cart to drive around for the day.

@Bishoparc
Yeah, that's too bad. I've done that a couple times when friends come to visit. It was fun to resort hop, come back for dinner at Trails End then off to look at decorations in the loops.

How many devices does it take to stay connected at work?

Work is having trouble with a DNS server (manages connections to web sites) at work. I can connect on a VPN, but can't access email (Outlook swirling on the bigger left monitor), so I'm running email on my personal laptop (far left). MS Teams calendar is on the main Surface Pro screen in the middle so I know what meetings I'm supposed to be on. I have a Zoom meeting with the university right now. Zoom is via an external link, so that is on my personal phone (standing up leaning on the bigger left monitor). I'm trying to access today's Covid reports (bigger right monitor) and I'm using my work phone to take this pic.

This really is the first struggle I've had working from home since March, so overall, it has gone pretty well.

Technology!

IMG_0027.jpg

j

@Teamubr
I have as my normal setup a laptop, WiFi, and phone.
We have been working remotely for the past 7 years. It was a process that I worked very hard to achieve. Working up from 3 days at home, 2 in the office to one day in the office a week for me to attend meetings. About 5 years ago I put it in our proposal that we should work remote for good as it would not affect our services and it would save the government over $3,500 a year in infrastructure per person. They accepted it and we can now work anywhere in the contiguous 48 states. That allowed me to move to Florida ahead of retirement! Yayyy!
I guess you could say we were on the cutting edge of this remote stuff.

My setup isn't too far from @Teamubr, though I dont use my laptop monitor, just the dual 24s for work laptop, ipad in the center, work phone on QI charger, and my personal laptop with email, dis, FB, etc to one side.

So, yesterday afternoon I noticed the neighbors cows were out of the fence. I went over and the back gate was open. I got some food to get them back in. As soon as I stepped into the mud/poo filled pasture to grab the gate down I went. I'm pretty sure I heard the cows laughing at me.

Not laughing at your fall. I hope you are ok. But the picture in my head of the cows laughing was pretty funny.

j

So, yesterday afternoon I noticed the neighbors cows were out of the fence. I went over and the back gate was open. I got some food to get them back in. As soon as I stepped into the mud/poo filled pasture to grab the gate down I went. I'm pretty sure I heard the cows laughing at me.
Merry Christmas!

*****er's full!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter