The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

So DW and I were traveling yesterday, she was insisting that we buy a boat, then she insisted we get a puppy, :dogdance: we would name him Spot. She also said we should get a goat, we could name him, Scape. She then suggested we get a sheep, and name here Dolly. I am on board with the boat and puppy she was saying we have to get. Well we will see, it is Christmas week, so anything can happen.

So DW and I were traveling yesterday, she was insisting that we buy a boat, then she insisted we get a puppy, :dogdance: we would name him Spot. She also said we should get a goat, we could name him, Scape. She then suggested we get a sheep, and name here Dolly. I am on board with the boat and puppy she was saying we have to get. Well we will see, it is Christmas week, so anything can happen.
I vote for goat.

The kids want a goat. No-one here has asked for a boat or sheep yet.

As for a puppy....well yeah we did that. She is a Mini Aussie born on 12/12/2020. Potential names are
Rose, Penny, Ruby, and Merida...

On a side note, can you believe this little one turns 1 next Monday?!?!?!
Look at her Now vs. March. She is one long little doggie with long long legs.

Minus the boat, you'd have almost as many animals as we do :rolleyes: :scared:

Yes I hate that black countertop. Same one in the kitchen and it was the same in the master, which was replaced! That black shows every water mark.

Menu planning for Christmas Day .......

So this year I thought :idea: instead of doing the traditional "same thing as Thanksgiving" (turkey, mash/gravy, stuffing, pecan pie) I thought I would change things up and do a ham, hash brown casserole, and apple pie (real apples no canned filling). I ran that by the family this past weekend and DD said, "whatever but I want a pecan pie".

Those of you who are the cooks in your family know the problem that presented. At least in the South, the way to make a pecan pie is with dark Karo syrup. I know, I know, you can use the light Karo syrup, the Golden Eagle syrup, and so on. But my family wants it the way I always make it which is with the dark Karo. And in the South, there is not a bottle of dark Karo to be found in the two weeks that precedes Thanksgiving and Christmas. I scoured multiple grocery stores per day since Saturday with no dark Karo syrup. Yesterday I bought the LAST bottle of light Karo syrup on the shelf at the Publix by my mom's house.

So I had a fall-back light bottle but I set out again to my usual WM Superstore this morning at opening and THIS TIME they had ONE (1) single solitary dark Karo syrup bottle way-y-y-y-y-y in the back of the top shelf.

thumbnail.jpg

And I was like:

giphy.gif

<h/t to all you Ren and Stimpy fans>

All is right with the world this morning.

Bama Ed

PS - the days are getting longer now too. :thumbsup2

Only problem was cloud cover all night, I gotta wait another 800 years

Well last night was the "closest" approach or combo of the two.

But over the next couple nights, they will still be pretty darn close together so if you couldn't see them last night but you have a clear sky tonight, go out at sunset/dusk and check them out. They will trail behind the suns path as it sets below the horizon along the ecliptic.

Last night might have been the 100% show but tonight should be about a 98% show.

Bama Ed

PS - I like to use the www.heavens-above.com website for my astronomy reference (there are others) . Set your location on the upper right corner of the main page, then choose "Interactive Sky Chart" under the "Astronomy" section about halfway down the main page. Play with the time setting to find the sunset and planets right behind the sun in your area.

PPS - and if you read this too late today, tomorrow should be about a 95% show (and so on).

The Postal Service just delivered a used book today (12/22/20) that I ordered (with paid shipping) in November. The tracking started when the seller (in the Chicago area) shipped the order on 11/23/20. :sad2:

The Postal Service just delivered a used book today (12/22/20) that I ordered (with paid shipping) in November. The tracking started when the seller (in the Chicago area) shipped the order on 11/23/20. :sad2:
That’s ok, the postal worker that delivers to our house just throws all of our packages in the yard cause it’s too much effort to come to the door. Have had 2 packages ruined so far in the last 3 weeks.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter