The Happiest Day of Our Lives...

Yay more updates... I very much agree with Stacy you can't help but feel excited when you see how happy you look in the pictures. I had to smile at Gavin waving at you its something my bf and I would do lol

LOL...I know how it can feel like forever...esp. after you've had a miscarriage...I know all too well how after that, you just can't relax until you are holding your precious newborn in your arms.:hug: Cherrish every moment though...it goes by so fast....my "baby" is starting Kindergarten next week!

Thank you for another amazing update! your photos are beautiful, and your love for each other shines through!:love:

Piglets Mommy, I know I sound odd trying to rush my pregnancy through! If I was being scanned every day I'd be fine with it I think! :rotfl: That way I could keep an eye on our baby. As I can't feel many movements yet I am constantly panicking about what is happening in there!

Your baby is in Kindergarten? How cute! Did you cry when she went to school? I don't know how I will ever let my baby go when I get him/her in my arms!

Yay more updates... I very much agree with Stacy you can't help but feel excited when you see how happy you look in the pictures. I had to smile at Gavin waving at you its something my bf and I would do lol

Ha ha, MrsTigger, I am glad I am not alone! I was surprised when he did that, it made me feel so comfortable. This really was the happiest day of my life, I don't know if I will ever feel so pretty or so happy again. It was magical.:wizard:

Every time I read your TR, it makes me rethink SBP to YCG!! Seeing someone use it looks so much nicer than the empty locations they give you to look at! Everything about your day has been truly beautiful!

Every time I read your TR, it makes me rethink SBP to YCG!! Seeing someone use it looks so much nicer than the empty locations they give you to look at! Everything about your day has been truly beautiful!

Not that I don't want you to have the gazebo, but SBP is beautiful too! Summer on this board got married there, and we had some engagement photos there. It's so peaceful and like a mini-chapel when photographed. I just loved the location of the gazebo and, well, the gazebo! It was everything I saw in my dreams :):lovestruc

I’m not a person who enjoys an immense amount of attention (or gets it, lol...it's not that I'm modest) and I knew if I felt overwhelmed I would turn my usual unattractive beetroot shade of red and so walking down the aisle I focused on Gavin, and holding tight to my dad’s hand. I was complimented in the Army for having a good strong handshake… I felt sorry for my dad ;)

We smiled and laughed all the way down the aisle to the gazebo. It was the happiest, most wonderful walk I will ever take, and I did it with my dad holding my had, my husband in front of me and mum, grandparents and my boys (huskies) safely in my hearts.

17269.jpg

17270.jpg

17271.jpg

17272.jpg

17273.jpg

17275.jpg

17276.jpg

17277.jpg

2030.jpg

2031.jpg

2035.jpg

My sister and her husband
2022-1.jpg

I nearly forgot…. Here’s the photo of Gavin arriving on site and greeting his public, ha haha…. I know he loved this moment.

17108-1.jpg

When we reached the end of the aisle and arrived at Gavin and Rev. Miller, I thought my face would burst with happiness! I was also trying really hard to remember exactly what it felt like to be the bride under the veil. I smiled at Gavin and he looked so at peace with everything, so confident. Although you'd never know it if you met Gavin, he too isn't incredibly confident in large social situations although he's very witty and smart and will get along with anyone he meets. Today was his day too and as he told me at the end of our day, he had never in his life felt as good, or as happy to be him as he did on the day of our wedding.

So... the plan was to take my veil off after Rev. Miller had asked my dad to. Howeverrrrr... Dad was also filled with the happiness bug and completely forgot about waiting...! He unveiled me pretty much straight away and in one of the photos I think you can see Gavin about to say "wait" lol. It makes me chuckle when I see that photo, my poor dad. LOL. I know he was just thinking of all of the things he had to do that day and the next on his list was "veil!".

17286.jpg

2039.jpg

Anyway, Rev. Miller took it all in his stride and smiled at me, knowingly. My dad finished unveiling me without any crown issues or whacking me in the face(we're not a well co-ordinated family) and we turned to Rev. Miller. Gavin and I were beaming at each other like children in a candy shop...and Goofy's Candy Store at that!

17278.jpg

17279.jpg

17280.jpg

2038.jpg

Whilst we were grinning and laughing with Rev. Miller at the front, I was again oblivious (until I got these photos) to the tears that were flowing behind me!

My family and Andy! My sister jokes that I should be happy to see my mum crying because it meant she was sad to be losing me, she said if she was beaming in these photos THEN I should be worried!

17222.jpg

17223.jpg

2044.jpg

2045.jpg

Seriously though, my mum knew how hard I had worked, alone, to bring the wedding together and how long I had waited for this day...and how many things had gone wrong along the way! Part of me thinks she thought this day would never come either. I had my doubts for many years.

I had a little cry at those photos just then, sorry!

Well, where was I? Oh, yes! I was unveiled ahead of schedule but Rev. Miller, unphased gave a lovely little speech about being there on such a wonderful day with Disney sunshine and how happy he was to be there. He was just so amazing. I listened to every word he said. This was my wedding ceremony! It was real, and happening! I wasn't going to wake up and discover it was a dream....

17281.jpg

2041.jpg

Dad then gave me a kiss on the cheek and said thank you, and I told him I loved him. I'm so glad I did that. I wanted him to know I was so glad he was my dad. Even though my dad and I aren't hugging the whole time, he's my dad and he's perfect to me. I still remember that even though he used to work all hours, he would be home to read us a bedtime story in funny character voices as many nights as he could. If you met my dad you'd never imagine that he was someone to do that. I would draw him a picture and write a little bit about the story he was reading for him to read when he got home. I think it's because of him that I love books and in particular fairytales so much.

17310.jpg

17311.jpg

Rev Miller then asked the question that I know my dad was patiently waiting for (and panicking over). He asked “who gives this beautiful bride named Sara-Jayne” (he had to remember how to say my name carefully because he has a daughter named Cara and so for him it was Cara with an S, and not Sarah!) “to this handsome groom, named Gavin?” My dad replied with the words I had asked him to say. “Her mother and I do.”

17312.jpg

I was so proud that he got it right! I’m not being patronising here. My father has a phobia of public speaking ~ I’m the one who has to stand up at celebration dinners and say “welcome” for him because he just hates any kind of attention. So, for him to remember exactly what I wanted him to say, and not just mumble “I do”, was fantastic. What was more, Dad genuinely meant it. He loves Gavin like a son. He sees how wonderfully Gavin treats me and how in love we are, and I know he couldn’t have imagined anyone more perfect for me.

When we got engaged my dad made my mum go to the Disney store with him and buy a Prince Eric doll (from the Little Mermaid). I had been “in love” with Prince Eric for years and I told my parents that was who I was looking for all my life. I got the gift from my dad with a note attached saying, “the best man won”.

17313.jpg

17314.jpg

17315.jpg

17316.jpg

In the photos there is laughing because my dad was pretty much, "here she is" and literally handed me to Gavin. Rev. Miller found it so funny, the mood was so jubilant, there was no stress and no pressure at all.

Ah yeahhhh i forgot to mention Gav waving... and for him to do that to make you feel comfortable and more relaxed and make you feel like your normal selves is just, heartwearming. Your smile is amazing in all the photos and your dress .... ahh im sure i have said this before but its my kinda style dress- big and princessy... although i will be thinking about walking in my big dress now...

I love how Gav looks in the photos, he looks like the most relaxed man in the world- so happy and chilled out.

Ohhhh and i loveee reading this tr... it makes me dream. I am having the worst day at work and i come on here and escape reading this. Im loving it!

More more more!

Piglets Mommy, I know I sound odd trying to rush my pregnancy through! If I was being scanned every day I'd be fine with it I think! :rotfl: That way I could keep an eye on our baby. As I can't feel many movements yet I am constantly panicking about what is happening in there!

Your baby is in Kindergarten? How cute! Did you cry when she went to school? I don't know how I will ever let my baby go when I get him/her in my arms!

Oh, if only they made some kind of home ultrasound scanner, so you can check on your little one every day!!!

She hasn't started yet, she goes next week , and is SO excited. I'm sure I'll cry...not so much that she is starting school, as I work full time, so am not with her all day, as it is, but she is growing up so fast!!! I did cry like a baby when my son, who is now 9 started Kindergarten...I was a stay at home mom at that point, so it was really hard to let go.

I love how your Dad lifted the veil too early..I still giggle when I look at our wedding pics...we had a unity candle, and our parents were supposed to go up and light the 2 little candles at the beginning of the ceremony. Well, they got really into it and lit the unity candle in the center too! The minister just paused for a min. after they sat down, and went over and blew it out, so we could light it. Everyone giggled.

You photos are so beautiful Sara-Jayne me and me fiance Henry get so excited everytime you do an update! I hope our wedding is half as beautiful!:goodvibes

Sara-Jayne...

I'm so HAPPY to see you back to finish up this wonderful story! :yay:

You are amazing - it seems the adversity that you are continuously faced with - is overpowered by your sheer will!!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Your pictures are incredible!!! I love your stories and the backstories and all of the little tidbits that make this an awesome trip report!!

The story of "Sara-Jayne Loves Gavin" is AWESOME and many congratulations on the little bundle of joy! That will be one lucky little baby - who will be loved beyond measure!

Pixie Dust and Prayers! :wizard:

DisneyMissy

I forgot to mention that we are the feature wedding on the back page of You and Your Wedding magazine here in the UK. We're delighted to be immortalised in print, but getting the idea across to the writer about what a Disney wedding is was nearly impossible. So, the feature is rather odd to say the least. She just did not understand the different parts of our day, or that we were in Disney. After me writing 13 pages to send to her, and having a phone interview, she asked me where I the "pretty castle" in the background of my MK photos was... Gavin was in tears laughing as I recalled my conversations to her. I was nearly ripping my hair out. LOL. Anyway, you can see us in there if you have a copy in your newsagents. I will scan it in once school starts and so you can see it on here anyway :)

Oh, if only they made some kind of home ultrasound scanner, so you can check on your little one every day!!!

She hasn't started yet, she goes next week , and is SO excited. I'm sure I'll cry...not so much that she is starting school, as I work full time, so am not with her all day, as it is, but she is growing up so fast!!! I did cry like a baby when my son, who is now 9 started Kindergarten...I was a stay at home mom at that point, so it was really hard to let go.

I love how your Dad lifted the veil too early..I still giggle when I look at our wedding pics...we had a unity candle, and our parents were supposed to go up and light the 2 little candles at the beginning of the ceremony. Well, they got really into it and lit the unity candle in the center too! The minister just paused for a min. after they sat down, and went over and blew it out, so we could light it. Everyone giggled.

You know, I ordered a doppler so I can hear the heartbeat but it is lost in the post somewhere! I contacted the company today and they are sending a new one out tomorrow, so I can listen in all the time! Gavin is looking forward to that because he wasn't at the appointment where I got to hear the heartbeat :)

Awww.... Your little one will be all grown up! I love Kindergarten (we call it reception here in England) and I wish I taught those, but I teach year 3 (3rd grade for you, 7-8 years old). I get to meet my new class on September 3rd! :scared1:

Ha ha ha, I laughed so much when I read about your unity candle! That really tickled me pink! Your parents must have been so excited. I love moments like that, they really make a wedding! Wait until you see what I did with my cake....:lovestruc If there was a blushing smilie on here I would have to use it..... lol.

Thank you for reading! I really appreciate everyone who is reading along!

You photos are so beautiful Sara-Jayne me and me fiance Henry get so excited everytime you do an update! I hope our wedding is half as beautiful!:goodvibes

Gemmybear, you and Henry will have a beautiful and perfect wedding! I can't wait to see your photos! Then I can read all about your wedding and smile at all your photos! Thank Henry for reading along too!

Sara-Jayne...

I'm so HAPPY to see you back to finish up this wonderful story! :yay:

You are amazing - it seems the adversity that you are continuously faced with - is overpowered by your sheer will!!

Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Your pictures are incredible!!! I love your stories and the backstories and all of the little tidbits that make this an awesome trip report!!

The story of "Sara-Jayne Loves Gavin" is AWESOME and many congratulations on the little bundle of joy! That will be one lucky little baby - who will be loved beyond measure!

Pixie Dust and Prayers! :wizard:

DisneyMissy

Hey Melissa! Thank you for replying in so much detail! I sometimes worry when I've gone off on a tangent about odd things in my life whilst I'm writing this that people will think I am daydreaming away and getting lost in my thoughts, lol. I just love writing this so much. I lost a little of my joy in writing it after the m/c so I'm sorry if it's not as exciting now as it was before. I am trying to get back into it!

I'm looking forward to getting rounder at the moment.... When I look in the mirror I just look like someone who ate too many cupcakes at the moment. My class will think I am a hypocrite when I start talking about healthy eating at the beginning of term...hahaha.

Well, I had better get back to resizing my photos and sorting them out... Thank you so much for reading!

Ah yeahhhh i forgot to mention Gav waving... and for him to do that to make you feel comfortable and more relaxed and make you feel like your normal selves is just, heartwearming. Your smile is amazing in all the photos and your dress .... ahh im sure i have said this before but its my kinda style dress- big and princessy... although i will be thinking about walking in my big dress now...

I love how Gav looks in the photos, he looks like the most relaxed man in the world- so happy and chilled out.

Ohhhh and i loveee reading this tr... it makes me dream. I am having the worst day at work and i come on here and escape reading this. Im loving it!

More more more!

Hi again!

I have an enormous smile, probably because I was just so happy my mouth wasn't used to stretching that wide! My parents used to call me the wide-mouthed-frog (from the Malteser adverts years ago) because of my smile, lol.

I loved my dress! I wish I could wear it again. It made me feel like a princess! It makes me all dreamy when I think of it... my pretty dress....ahhh.... One day I'll wear it again! Maybe to my own child's wedding... (only joking, only joking...lol)

Thanks for reading, I am glad I can cheer you up after a bad day at work! :dance3:

Oh Sara-Jayne I love this TR the way you describe those few minutes spending with your dad is just beautiful aww! I loved reading! I get so excited everytime I see you have updated thank you Sara-Jayne you dont relise how much your TR is helping right now

You know, I ordered a doppler so I can hear the heartbeat but it is lost in the post somewhere! I contacted the company today and they are sending a new one out tomorrow, so I can listen in all the time! Gavin is looking forward to that because he wasn't at the appointment where I got to hear the heartbeat :)

I rented a doppler for my 1st pregnancy too! It really was a great tool to ease my mind when i wanted to "see" teh baby!

your writing is fantastic!!! i feel like i'm right there! keep going!

i cant believe how many tears i have shed over your report, i feel like i know u so well lol........ your writing style is so addictive cant wait for the next instalment - keep it coming.:banana::banana:

I don't think I ever posted, but I discovered your trip report a while ago and loved it, I'm so glad you are back to finish it and with such happy news! That is wonderful, many congrats to you and Gavin! :goodvibes

Everything looks fantastic. I love the stories about your dad, it reminds me of me and my dad, he always read to me when I was a kid and when I got older we would go to bookstores together and as a treat I would get to pick a few, and I know that's why I love reading so much. And probably why I have such an attachment to books, I dream about having a "Beauty and the Beast" library one day.

The carriage looks beautiful, I love how it went on the lawn, what a surprise.

The photos are all great, you can really see your happiness shining through and the love you and your DH have for each other. Look forward to reading more. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter