The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Not sure how long ago this started but Primo Piatto has now returned to offering a “dine-in” option where your food is brought to your table by a CM — and it’s not in a box. They’re still using paper plates and plastic utensils but hopefully they go back to real dishware soon! I didn’t expect them to go back to serving you the food. Like when they opened, if you mobile order, your food is still packaged in a bag and is now put in a pick up area by one of the doors.

Not sure how long ago this started but Primo Piatto has now returned to offering a “dine-in” option where your food is brought to your table by a CM — and it’s not in a box. They’re still using paper plates and plastic utensils but hopefully they go back to real dishware soon! I didn’t expect them to go back to serving you the food. Like when they opened, if you mobile order, your food is still packaged in a bag and is now put in a pick up area by one of the doors.

I basically only mobile order there, so I had no idea. This is good news for anyone wanting to dine-in.

They would need to lock it off behind a gate with a keycard likely then as I don't believe any moderate resorts or lower have grills and with so many CBR rooms you might run in to an issue with people trying to get by cheaper since they don't have kitchens.

Now could they just put in a ton? Maybe but not sure they ever do it.
That may be why they don't exist, but I'd also hope they try to find a solution rather than not include an amenity many love.

I think the easy answer is to just add grills to both Riviera and Caribbean Beach. I think it's a silly to have grills be a deluxe exclusive amentiy, especially as expensive as resorts have become.
Thanks for the responses.

At the Boardwalk -- there is just one large grill near the DVC pool. We have to buy the charcoal & the lighter fluid & obviously all of the food, condiments etc. Then you sign out the BBQ from the DVC clubhouse. And you have to sign that out early, so you can claim the grill. There is one picnic table next to it. There's a gate around that area, but I think anyone can get in.

Too bad about the grill not being at the Riviera. If our Boardwalk wait list doesn't come through, I will ask them at check-in why no grill :)

I think the GF has gas grills. I wonder what they'll do with the new Poly DVC.

Do not like this at all. I have a feeling getting a table will now become harder as before you didn't sit down until your food was ready.

Do not like this at all. I have a feeling getting a table will now become harder as before you didn't sit down until your food was ready.
There were always plenty of tables available in my experience, including during peak meal times. Most people are still using mobile order (and there are plenty of tables nearby).

There were always plenty of tables available in my experience, including during peak meal times. Most people are still using mobile order (and there are plenty of tables nearby).

Having been at Riviera around 40 nights and eating at Primo at least 10+ times since 2021 I would disagree that there is enough space to house people waiting 15-20 minutes for their food in any volume. We have grabbed the last table a number of times.

Also the tables nearby you are talking about I suspect are actually for the bar not Primo plus they are outside which is an issue during mid day in July-September.

I guess we at least have the room to eat in as an alternative most trips staying at Riviera.

Can anyone currently at RIV (or recently departed) confirm that they are still offering the Art on Demand kiosk in La Boutique? We ordered and received a large canvas print of the "Castle at Dawn" artwork back in November and when it arrived, the canvas was warped on one side. I've been trying to work out how I can return this and get a replacement sent to us, however the latest today is that someone from Shop Disney Parks is telling me the item is "no longer in stock" so a replacement will not be an option. It's custom artwork...printed on demand...so I kind of don't believe that response. I had to reach out to Disney Parks merchandise though as my emails to the Art on Demand address (disney@bentleyglobalarts.com) were ignored. Any help would be appreciated!

Can anyone currently at RIV (or recently departed) confirm that they are still offering the Art on Demand kiosk in La Boutique? We ordered and received a large canvas print of the "Castle at Dawn" artwork back in November and when it arrived, the canvas was warped on one side. I've been trying to work out how I can return this and get a replacement sent to us, however the latest today is that someone from Shop Disney Parks is telling me the item is "no longer in stock" so a replacement will not be an option. It's custom artwork...printed on demand...so I kind of don't believe that response. I had to reach out to Disney Parks merchandise though as my emails to the Art on Demand address (disney@bentleyglobalarts.com) were ignored. Any help would be appreciated!
That's a bummer! But yes, I can confirm the kiosk is still there as of last week - I was looking at buying the same print, actually. I didn't buy it, but the kiosk is definitely still in the shop and working, and that specific print is still available for purchase there. I hope that's resolved for you soon!

That's a bummer! But yes, I can confirm the kiosk is still there as of last week - I was looking at buying the same print, actually. I didn't buy it, but the kiosk is definitely still in the shop and working, and that specific print is still available for purchase there. I hope that's resolved for you soon!
Thank you so much! I had a feeling I was getting a canned (inaccurate) response but I will keep trying now! I love the print and ideally just want to have it replaced.

A few days ago, I was watching a YouTube video by AJ at Disney Food Blog and she said the skyliner was going to be down Jan 26 - 29. As a Riviera guest during the previously published dates, I would love this!
Has anyone heard these new dates, or did AJ misspeak?

A few days ago, I was watching a YouTube video by AJ at Disney Food Blog and she said the skyliner was going to be down Jan 26 - 29. As a Riviera guest during the previously published dates, I would love this!
Has anyone heard these new dates, or did AJ misspeak?
It is on the WDW website as Jan. 22-29

Question for you Riviera experts - when we at WDW in the summer we went to Topolino's for breakfast one morning. I am gluten free, and I got my own special bowl of GF muffins and donuts when they brought out the baked treats. I am not even a huge donut eater, but I thought they were to die for!! We are coming back in March, and staying at Riviera this time. I booked a breakfast reservation to make sure I get my donut fix (haha!) but I wonder if anyone knows if they are available anywhere else on property. I don't actually need the full character breakfast, I just want those donuts! Thanks.

Question for you Riviera experts - when we at WDW in the summer we went to Topolino's for breakfast one morning. I am gluten free, and I got my own special bowl of GF muffins and donuts when they brought out the baked treats. I am not even a huge donut eater, but I thought they were to die for!! We are coming back in March, and staying at Riviera this time. I booked a breakfast reservation to make sure I get my donut fix (haha!) but I wonder if anyone knows if they are available anywhere else on property. I don't actually need the full character breakfast, I just want those donuts! Thanks.

My best suggestion is ask these people:
https://www.youtube.com/@glutenfreedairyfreedisney/about

I suspect its specific to Topolino's but no clue. You might be able to get them from the cafe or something if you were to go to them nicely, explain your situation, and see if there is an ability to just buy them during your trip when you will not be at Topolino's.

Just came back from our last stay at Riviera. Even with a couple days of Skyliner outage, it's still easy to get around (HS is actually quicker with the bus).
I will say, room 8371 is awful. Right above the trash area and every morning we'd get the trucks backing up and beeping around 5-6am. Too low to see fireworks. Try to stay away from that end of the resort if you can. They didn't get my room requests for some reason so we were stuck there. Room is still awesome but location was bleh.

Hi all, we are new to RIV ownership and booking. Is it difficult to get a 2BR Standard View in summer? I don't want to spend the extra points for preferred, but also trying to plan ahead.

Hi all, we are new to RIV ownership and booking. Is it difficult to get a 2BR Standard View in summer? I don't want to spend the extra points for preferred, but also trying to plan ahead.

Standard views are tougher but you shouldn't have any trouble right at 11 months. If you procrastinate, you may find the standard 2 BRs gone.
I just booked standard view 2BR for Christmas week.

My best suggestion is ask these people:
https://www.youtube.com/@glutenfreedairyfreedisney/about

I suspect its specific to Topolino's but no clue. You might be able to get them from the cafe or something if you were to go to them nicely, explain your situation, and see if there is an ability to just buy them during your trip when you will not be at Topolino's.
Thanks, I will ask there too! I'm sure you are right and that they are likely specific to Topolino's, but it's not a bad idea to go and nicely ask at the cafe. The worst they can say is no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter