The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I could not agree with you more. This is a gigantic company and they thoroughly vet everything before it is presented to the public. They used that exact wording on purpose. IF they had made a mistake they would have found a way to quietly correct it as soon as possible. My money had been on separate- but that presentation totally changed my mind.

You may be right. But they knew it was in there and used that slide for a reason. I am certainly not a lawyer but I actually think that that one slide could open them up to trouble if they do make it a new association. People that purchased since then could say they were misled.
I think you’re giving them way too much credit. My vote would be careless mistake over machiavellian secret message. The restrictions benefit Disney and push potential resale buyers to purchase direct instead. Riviera is outselling VGF2 in spite of said restrictions. So, for me, seems like there’s a good chance we’ll see them for the new Poly tower.

Of course, this is all conjecture. We’ll find out when we find out!

Do we know anything about the mix of studios, 1 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms they will have? I would have preferred to buy Poly, but couldn’t justify the lack of 1 bedroom and non bungalow 2 br options.

Do we know anything about the mix of studios, 1 bedrooms, 2 bedrooms they will have? I would have preferred to buy Poly, but couldn’t justify the lack of 1 bedroom and non bungalow 2 br options.

Nothing official. There have been some guesses based on the design.

I still think they have time to not even pursue the Poly Tower (at least in terms of active selling). The way sales are going, they may take their time on this one.

I still think they have time to not even pursue the Poly Tower (at least in terms of active selling). The way sales are going, they may take their time on this one.
Maybe, but once construction starts, delays can be expensive, and given the location, it will quickly turn into a problematic and public eyesore. Selling VGF at the same time would be tricky… But we are still a year away… maybe it will sell through By then?

Well with better incentives, VGF out performed RR. I think people are price sensitive. I also think pushing VGF to not have to sell BGF and PVB2 also make sense. While I know they won’t delay construction, I am sure they aren’t rushing it either.

Maybe, but once construction starts, delays can be expensive, and given the location, it will quickly turn into a problematic and public eyesore. Selling VGF at the same time would be tricky… But we are still a year away… maybe it will sell through By then?
I wouldn't mind if they delay the sales of Poly2 till 2025. I'll be ready to add more points then. Right now, we are waiting to see how all this unfolds, to see if we add to Poly 2 or Riviera again.

All I know is that...... if I buy Poly points, it will be after the price of points and if it is a new or same association has been declared by DVC and not before. I made the mistake of buying resale VGF points before everything was known. Won't make that mistake again.
what restrictions are on your VGF resale points?

I can't believe the boilerplate still hasn't been updated. To me, that suggests this is going into existing association, which isn't the move I would be making if I were DVC. I still think DVC plans to make it a new association, but this move is weird.

But if they plan to separate it, like RIV, shouldn't it be in the boilerplate by now, with Reflections and DL tower?

Anybody bought resale recently and can check their Reflections boilerplate?

Can you expand more on your VGF resale purchase and issue?
VGF resale was very high before VGF2 went for sale, like in the 180s and 190s just months before. Then, direct dropped at 170s for existing members. Buying VGF1 right before VGF2 could have been a very bad move.

I can't believe the boilerplate still hasn't been updated. To me, that suggests this is going into existing association, which isn't the move I would be making if I were DVC. I still think DVC plans to make it a new association, but this move is weird.

But if they plan to separate it, like RIV, shouldn't it be in the boilerplate by now, with Reflections and DL tower?

Anybody bought resale recently and can check their Reflections boilerplate?
sorry, new here lol whats a boilerplate?

I still think high likelihood of being same association. It will still be 40+ years and DVC is very willing to sell with that usage left. Plus it will give full control of it all back to Disney at the same time vs having a split end date. They can use the Bungalows in the sales pitch just as they did with the 1st sales. And lots of studio availability. IF I were Disney I'd want it all to expire at the same date. VWL expiration was just too close to add CCV but this is not.

I still think high likelihood of being same association. It will still be 40+ years and DVC is very willing to sell with that usage left. Plus it will give full control of it all back to Disney at the same time vs having a split end date. They can use the Bungalows in the sales pitch just as they did with the 1st sales. And lots of studio availability. IF I were Disney I'd want it all to expire at the same date. VWL expiration was just too close to add CCV but this is not.
Completely agree…. Especially at such a prime piece of real estate as Polynesian…

Interestingly, I think that this is sort of a reverse of what happened with VGF, where current owners weren't too happy with it being all the same association but new buyers of VGF2 were loving it.

I have a feeling with PVB2, if it is the same association, you'll have the existing owners really liking it and the new buyers finding themselves a bit perplexed at what could be the competition for the new building.

Part of me hopes its the same, part of me hopes its not.

On one hand the resale price will be a good value but kind of was planning to buy direct to pair with my RIV points and would kind of prefer having more exclusivity on the 1/2BRs. Not really that interested in the studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter