The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On one hand the resale price will be a good value but kind of was planning to buy direct to pair with my RIV points and would kind of prefer having more exclusivity on the 1/2BRs. Not really that interested in the studios.

It'll be interesting to see how they do the mix of rooms. PVB having so many Studios already that they could probably have some dedicated 2s & 1s in the tower? If they're all Lockoff, any 1 that gets booked also reduces 2 availability, while keeping Studio inventory at a resort that already has a bunch of Studios.

What's the room allocation at Riviera like? Since that's the closest recent new DVC tower build (not conversion).

I still think high likelihood of being same association. It will still be 40+ years and DVC is very willing to sell with that usage left. Plus it will give full control of it all back to Disney at the same time vs having a split end date. They can use the Bungalows in the sales pitch just as they did with the 1st sales. And lots of studio availability. IF I were Disney I'd want it all to expire at the same date. VWL expiration was just too close to add CCV but this is not.
I've always heard the bungalows are hard to fill because of the points needed. If same association, I'm wondering if they'd use that as an opportunity to drop the cost of the bungalows down since they'd have more inventory with which to spread the points around.

I've always heard the bungalows are hard to fill because of the points needed. If same association, I'm wondering if they'd use that as an opportunity to drop the cost of the bungalows down since they'd have more inventory with which to spread the points around.
Doing the math on how much cash it would cost to stay there for a few days, with the appropriate amount of people it sleeps, is still so high! Not to mention I don’t have enough points to both bank and borrow to stay there for any significant amount of time. It’s definitely a bucket list or super special occasion. I like the point you’re making that they could potentially lower the chart when the tower is open. I know there’s certain things that will just always be exclusive or reserved for those who can really afford to indulge, but to make this more Easily accessible would be awesome!

I'd guess probably not. It would go against the POS actually but DVC has done or tried it in the past so that wouldn't necessarily stop them. However since they haven't yet I think it's unlikely plus the occupancy seems to have improved somewhat. Still, they look really good in marketing material!

The 1 BR and 2 BR availability is really going to be key…. But, I wonder what percentage of DVC contracts currently sold are really “studio contracts” in terms of the number of points people are buying….

The 1 BR and 2 BR availability is really going to be key…. But, I wonder what percentage of DVC contracts currently sold are really “studio contracts” in terms of the number of points people are buying….
Beginning with BLT and point creep (CCV as an exception) if you were going to travel for a week in the top 3 and sometimes 4 "seasons" then 150 would not be a bad number to own for studio stays. And it's generally better to own a few extra so if you don't have to count on getting the lowest point options. Then the seasons expand that you would need the 150 pts for annual studio trips.

Even if Poly2 is in the same association as Poly1, the new tower villas will be in a new declared Unit or Units.
The new points will be specific to the new Units.
If you look at any DVC contract, it states the legal ownership/title is actually a percentage of a specific unit, and only represented by points.
Moving points between units would change the percentages (and value) of every single contract in those units.
As a result, I do not believe they can legally move points between units, so any point balancing would still have to be done within the original unit.

Even if Poly2 is in the same association as Poly1, the new tower villas will be in a new declared Unit or Units.
The new points will be specific to the new Units.
If you look at any DVC contract, it states the legal ownership/title is actually a percentage of a specific unit, and only represented by points.
Moving points between units would change the percentages (and value) of every single contract in those units.
As a result, I do not believe they can legally move points between units, so any point balancing would still have to be done within the original unit.

There is some question, in my mind at least, as to whether it applies the same way for use as it does for sale.

Shifting of points for sale can not happen once assigned to a unit, but I am still not yet convinced that the point charts can’t shift as a resort as long as it’s point neutral in terms of what was declared for sale.

I know others have a different take.

Last edited:
I have this crazy dream that they reallocate the Poly chart to make the studios more expensive. If Poly1 studios are more expensive, Poly2 can make that or exceed it for whatever view. This makes the whole chart higher, and thus makes Disney more money.

To do this, they'd have to gut the bungalow point requirements. If bungalows are cheap, they'll be hottest ticket in DVC. That would really be something I can get behind, but probably not great for, you know, everyone booking Poly studios.

Can they shift between unit style the number of points required? I thought they could just adjust the seasons points within units (the chart can move vertically but not horizontally). Maybe I am mistake.

I’m going no because I want it to be separate. Lol. I own at POLY and dont want to share our abundance of studios. I have zero interest in staying in a tower. Everyone knows studios are the hardest to get everywhere and it’s easy at poly. Add a ton of new owners, and may not be anymore. Keep your tower😝

Can they shift between unit style the number of points required? I thought they could just adjust the seasons points within units (the chart can move vertically but not horizontally). Maybe I am mistake.

They can because a unit can consist of more than one room size. And when points are determined, it’s based on 2 bedroom lock offs, which also gives some wiggle room when adjusting.

I have this crazy dream that they reallocate the Poly chart to make the studios more expensive. If Poly1 studios are more expensive, Poly2 can make that or exceed it for whatever view. This makes the whole chart higher, and thus makes Disney more money.

To do this, they'd have to gut the bungalow point requirements. If bungalows are cheap, they'll be hottest ticket in DVC. That would really be something I can get behind, but probably not great for, you know, everyone booking Poly studios.
I would like them to fix the bungalow issue not by making Poly studios more expensive (which are already pretty expensive studios) but by diffusing some points into the new tower. I know, others will say I shouldn't want that and that what happened with the treehouses shouldn't have happened (still not convinced it's illegal if it happened before). But anyway It doesn't stop me from wanting it so I can stay in a bungalow!

They can because a unit can consist of more than one room size. And when points are determined, it’s based on 2 bedroom lock offs, which also gives some wiggle room when adjusting.
I think there were declarations of Bungalows only although I'm not positive, and of course no 2 bedrooms. If all were not done with identical mix of units in each declaration, then it would be inappropriate to move points between the units.

I think there were declarations of Bungalows only although I'm not positive, and of course no 2 bedrooms. If all were not done with identical mix of units in each declaration, then it would be inappropriate to move points between the units.

From what I can remember Some of the bungalows have been declared with studios. But I don’t remember how many of them were done like that.

Regardless of association, the takeway is to jump when it goes on sale because the incentives won't get better than at launch, even if there might be a few opportunities where prices drop temporarily. I was tracking how they handled the launch of VGF2:

1676657171003.png

At least they made it very clear in advance that the base price was jumping by $10PP and that there would be a phased reduction of incentives from November-March, but not sure anyone would have guessed the July surprise last year!

Regardless of association, the takeway is to jump when it goes on sale because the incentives won't get better than at launch, even if there might be a few opportunities where prices drop temporarily. I was tracking how they handled the launch of VGF2:

View attachment 740530

At least they made it very clear in advance that the base price was jumping by $10PP and that there would be a phased reduction of incentives from November-March, but not sure anyone would have guessed the July surprise last year!
Unless something like what happened in summer 2020 happens again... Parks closed, global pandemic and uncertainty... And RVA went down lower than initial price for existing members!

Well, is the consensus that Poly2 opens at $207? Discounts starting at 150 points?
I just spoke with my guide and poly direct is currently $250. The best incentive was $45 PP off for 200+ points. If they’re getting that now, do we really think they’ll go down to $207? I wish

Last edited:
I just spoke with my guide and poly direct is currently $250. The best incentive was $45 PP off for 200+ points. If they’re getting that now, do we really think they’ll go down to $207? I wish
They dropped VGF. Those are just prices that they do for "sold out" resorts. When they actively want to sell they'll adjust. Lots of people didn't think they would with VGF but they did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter