The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just spoke with my guide and poly direct is currently $250. The best incentive was $45 PP off for 200+ points. If they’re getting that now, do we really think they’ll go down to $207? I wish
They did for VGF. It was currently selling at $255/pt before sales were released. With early incentives they were around $185-190/ pt.

Whatever RIV and VGF are when it goes on sale is what it will be for base price.

Those are now $217..assume one more increase…$6 to $10…brings it into the $220s.

My guess is $224 to $227 by next year.
That seems to be the recent pattern. I'm hoping incentives brings it at least in the ballpark of $200 for 150 points. I hope? Maybe? If not the ballpark, maybe the suburbs of the city where the ballpark is? 🙏

What exactly will be the draw to Poly2? Just the fact that there will be one and two bedroom units?
Certainly that will be a big one. Its still an amazing location if you like being on the monorail loop. I am sure they will open another restaurant in the tower (like topolinos) to go along with the great choices Poly already has. You will be able to easily walk to all of Grand Floridians choices as well.

Certainly that will be a big one. Its still an amazing location if you like being on the monorail loop. I am sure they will open another restaurant in the tower (like topolinos) to go along with the great choices Poly already has. You will be able to easily walk to all of Grand Floridians choices as well.
The pool? Anything better than what’s at Poly currently?

What exactly will be the draw to Poly2? Just the fact that there will be one and two bedroom units?
I'm kind of with you on this, and I own Poly1. I mean, at the end of the day, the resale delta is getting so large that it makes me wonder why anyone would purchase new here, especially if it's the same association, when you can get points much cheaper on the resale market. They could put it in a new association, but then, you may have inflated point charts, and then a limited access to studios, which wouldn't necessarily help it sell either. In the current economy it will be interesting to see what they do here. Not really a great time for them to do this.

Whatever RIV and VGF are when it goes on sale is what it will be for base price.

Those are now $217..assume one more increase…$6 to $10…brings it into the $220s.

My guess is $224 to $227 by next year.

I agree that they are going to increase the direct base price later this year.
They will definitely want to do that before VDH goes on sale.
If sales are going ok after that, I fear that they will want to raise it again before Poly2 goes on sale.
We could be looking at a $235-$240 base price when Poly2 launches.
I hope not, as I am counting on an incentive price below $200/pt for 150-200 points.

I'm kind of with you on this, and I own Poly1. I mean, at the end of the day, the resale delta is getting so large that it makes me wonder why anyone would purchase new here, especially if it's the same association, when you can get points much cheaper on the resale market. They could put it in a new association, but then, you may have inflated point charts, and then a limited access to studios, which wouldn't necessarily help it sell either. In the current economy it will be interesting to see what they do here. Not really a great time for them to do this.
I actually think the current economy MAY play a part in the association decision. I think right now they are planning on it being in the same association as Poly 1. Why would I think this? The presentation were it said Polynesian Villas and Bungalows. They are a major corporation and do not make that mistake. However, if prices on resale keep dropping they will be forced to make it a different association just to be able to control the price.

Why would I think this? The presentation were it said Polynesian Villas and Bungalows. They are a major corporation and do not make that mistake.
Sure they do. If there's one thing Disney excels in it's one hand not knowing what the other is doing. Communication between various departments also is rather poor. Regardless of whether this is part of the original association or not, the company is seemingly rarely streamlined in their approach.

VGF resale was very high before VGF2 went for sale, like in the 180s and 190s just months before. Then, direct dropped at 170s for existing members. Buying VGF1 right before VGF2 could have been a very bad move.
Has Disney ever done such as this in the past with any other resort?

Closest thing I can think of would be OKW vs OKWE though it isn’t exactly the same thing.

Has Disney ever done such as this in the past with any other resort?
It was only 8-10 years ago that DVC started their super hyped up pricing on popular sold out resorts. But also there really hadn't been any actual additions to resorts. AKV always had a plan for Kidani and the Jambo conversion just started it off. When the Treehouses were added SSR was only "sold out" for a very short period and price had remained inline with other current resorts.

Prior to the pricing change the sold out resorts were in a range similar to current resort - just no specified discounts. You could however get a contract for them plus a new resort that had discounts at a certain level and use the combined point total to get the marketed discount. ie - BLT discounts at 200 points but purchase a 50 points BCV and 150 points BLT and get the marketed discount on 200 points.

Prior to the pricing change the sold out resorts were in a range similar to current resort - just no specified discounts. You could however get a contract for them plus a new resort that had discounts at a certain level and use the combined point total to get the marketed discount. ie - BLT discounts at 200 points but purchase a 50 points BCV and 150 points BLT and get the marketed discount on 200 points.
Wow, that sounds nice!

I’m curious to see what the points chart looks like… Is it like VGF? Or slightly nicer?

Sure they do. If there's one thing Disney excels in it's one hand not knowing what the other is doing. Communication between various departments also is rather poor. Regardless of whether this is part of the original association or not, the company is seemingly rarely streamlined in their approach.

While I agree with you in general, I am going to disagree about Poly2. They have been holding their cards VERY close to their vests about the decision, no indication either way. In this case, I think they were very careful and knew exactly what that slide said.

While I agree with you in general, I am going to disagree about Poly2. They have been holding their cards VERY close to their vests about the decision, no indication either way. In this case, I think they were very careful and knew exactly what that slide said.

Which is why it leads me to believe it was a mistake and not a subtle hint.

They have no real reason to not have come out by now, over two months later, to announce if that was a purposeful way of letting people know. And, if it was meant to be a hint, guides would be hinting as well using that as source. And they are not.

Which is why it leads me to believe it was a mistake and not a subtle hint.

They have no real reason to not have come out by now, over two months later, to announce if that was a purposeful way of letting people know. And, if it was meant to be a hint, guides would be hinting as well using that as source. And they are not.
I'm thinking it was some sort of mistake or oversight, as well. What would be the upside to DVC to coyly make a subtle hint in that fashion? We will know one way or the other, in due time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter