The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whatever RIV and VGF are when it goes on sale is what it will be for base price.

Those are now $217..assume one more increase…$6 to $10…brings it into the $220s.

My guess is $224 to $227 by next year.
So do you think with incentives for owners, that price for Poly2 would be lower than the current $217 for RIV and VGF? I know it is all speculation, but we are trying to decide on whether to buy one of the above and trying to get the lowest price possible to get the blue card advantages.

So do you think with incentives for owners, that price for Poly2 would be lower than the current $217 for RIV and VGF? I know it is all speculation, but we are trying to decide on whether to buy one of the above and trying to get the lowest price possible to get the blue card advantages.
Of course. VGF2 opened with pricing in the 170s for existing members. That was crazy and even tempted me.

If you are seriously considering this, I would go back and study the difference between the VGF2 existing member pricing charts and then the general public chart a month later. There was a difference, but maybe not enough to justify buying a whole contract.

Yes, I think that incentives will bring the cost lower than that. I got 300 VGF with a base price at $207, for $179 a point.

For 150 it would have been $10 off, at $197...using those types of incentives, I would say that you are looking in the $200 to $210 range for Poly tower next year buying 150 to 300 points.

Could Disney be waiting to see how VGF 2 impacts VGF? The addition there significantly increased studios. Once VGF2 sells out, GVs, 2BRs, and even 1BRs could be difficult to book.

If PVB2 is it’s own association, size seems to be closer to BCV. Depending or the allotment of rooms, studios could be very high demand.
If PVB2 is part of PVB association, seems the GVs, 2BRs, and 1BRs could be difficult to book.

The fact that those rooms don’t exist in the current PVB is what makes me think PVB2 will be rolled into the existing association.
That plus I think VGF2 was an experiment of sorts with shortening the 50 year window. The fact that Poly2 will open exactly 2 years after VGF2 (keeping the same expiration window distance) also makes me think same association.

I have to ask the question. Just what is the break even point when purchasing points $200/pt and up? 15 years?

That plus I think VGF2 was an experiment of sorts with shortening the 50 year window. The fact that Poly2 will open exactly 2 years after VGF2 (keeping the same expiration window distance) also makes me think same association.
Right. There will still be 42 years left on the PVB contracts (2066). The other comparison I've heard is "Copper Creek was separate from Boulder Ridge", but Boulder Ridge is a 2042 and had 24.5 years left on the day Copper Creek opened.

BCV was built and sold with 40 years on the contract. Until SSR only OKW had a full 50. VB, HHI, BWV, VWL and BCV all less.

It looks like we will be getting an increase to the base direct pricing for active resorts, soon.

DVC just put out a video to promote the Villas at the Disneyland Hotel.
In the disclaimer at the end it states that "Membership requires purchasing a deeded ownership interest in a DVC resort that... typically ranges in price from $34100 to $60100 (subject to change)."
With a minimum contract of 150 points for a new member, $34100 would be $227.33/point and $60100 would be $400.67/point.
That would put Aulani, VGF, and RR at $227 (or more).
This new VDH, then, could be up to the $400 mark. (OUCH!)
The low end would be a $10/point increase for the current active resort sales, equal to the last increase back in December.

Timing wise, I would think this pricing increase will come after the end of the current promotional period, so May 30, 2023.
That would also be a perfect time to start VDH sales, going right into the summer season with three months before opening.

On a different note, it also stated that the contracts could "expire as early as January 31, 2062."
That would be a shock to all those planning to buy VDH, but I think they are referring to all of the active resorts, including Aulani, which does expire on 1/31/2062.

So, a $10 increase for this summer, maybe another $10 at the end of this year, and one more $10 bump in the summer of 2024... that will put us at about $247/point when Poly2 should go on sale.
I hope not, but my wallet is already starting to feel the pain. lol

It looks like we will be getting an increase to the base direct pricing for active resorts, soon.

In the disclaimer at the end it states that "Membership requires purchasing a deeded ownership interest in a DVC resort that... typically ranges in price from $34100 to $60100 (subject to change)."
With a minimum contract of 150 points for a new member, $34100 would be $227.33/point and $60100 would be $400.67/point.
The low end would be a $10/point increase for the current active resort sales, equal to the last increase back in December.

Timing wise, I would think this pricing increase will come after the end of the current promotional period, so May 30, 2023.
That would also be a perfect time to start VDH sales, going right into the summer season with three months before opening.

On a different note, it also stated that the contracts could "expire as early as January 31, 2062."
That would be a shock to all those planning to buy VDH, but I think they are referring to all of the active resorts, including Aulani, which does expire on 1/31/2062.

So, a $10 increase for this summer, maybe another $10 at the end of this year, and one more $10 bump in the summer of 2024... that will put us at about $247/point when Poly2 should go on sale.

Never going to happen.

FWIW a lot of verbage is included even in the contracts that aren't really applicable by the time they are signed and never were applicable to the resort you're buying. Covering basis "just in case".

You are reading that incorrectly. (($217 + $7.33) * 150 ) + $629 = $34,278. That’s the least you could possibly spend on a DVC contract today.

And 2062 is Aulani’s expiration. Every ad has said as soon as 2062 since 2012.

You are reading that incorrectly. (($217 + $7.33) * 150 ) + $629 = $34,278. That’s the least you could possibly spend on a DVC contract today.

And 2062 is Aulani’s expiration. Every ad has said as soon as 2062 since 2012.

I am reading that correctly.
The statement is referring to the purchase price, the number of points times the cost per point.
DVC always lists the closing costs, promo savings, and annual dues separately.
For example, this is exactly how they are currently listing Aulani...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aulani, Disney Vacation Club Villas in Ko Olina, Hawai‘i​

One-Time Costs​

Purchase Price $32,550.00
(150 Vacation Points x $217)
Closing Costs $630.86
Savings- $900
(Offer Ends May 29, 2023)***
Total One-Time Costs $32,280.86
OR
Sample Financing Terms*$459.74
See Important Assumptions and Disclosures
per month* for a 10-year loan with a 10% down payment

Additional Recurring Costs
2023 Dues** (billed monthly)$114.38
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the 2062 date, if you had read my next sentence, I actually said that it was the Aulani date.
I was just pointing out that their wording could lead to some confusion.
Apparently I was correct, and I apologize if I added to that confusion.

They just raised the price by $10/pt in December. I do not see them raising it again for the current resorts in active sales as that has never happened.

Ugh, if so I will never be a direct owner. I've been counting on a super good release price for Poly2, like around $175pp. If it's more than $200, I'll just stay a white card pleb forever. These direct prices are ridiculous.

I highly doubt it will be that low after incentives. When VGF2 started selling it was $185 per point if you added on 250 points and the base price per point then was $207. BUT if what you said comes true, I'll add direct at poly2 too.

They just raised the price by $10/pt in December. I do not see them raising it again for the current resorts in active sales as that has never happened.

I am not sure what you are saying here.

Riviera has been in active sales since 2019 and its price has gone up 4 times in those 3 years. (188 to 217)
Aulani has been in active sales since 2010 and its price has gone up 18 times in those 12 years. (114 to 217)
VGF2 has been in active sales since 2022 and the active price went up to 207 right when it went on sale and went up again to 217 later that same year.

The data shows that over the past decade, DVC has raised the price on active sales every 8 months, on average.
That includes a slowdown during the pandemic. (pre-pandemic, 2010-2018, the average was every 6.8 months)
If this established trend continues, the next raise should be this summer, followed by another at the end of this year or very early next year.

I very much wish for the pricing to hold where it is for as long as possible, but I can't see DVC changing its pattern unless sales start to fall way, way off.
Even then, I believe they will still raise the prices, but increase the incentives as needed to compensate.

Last edited:
I am not sure what you are saying here.

Riviera has been in active sales since 2019 and its price has gone up 4 times in those 3 years. (188 to 217)
Aulani has been in active sales since 2010 and its price has gone up 18 times in those 12 years. (114 to 217)
VGF2 has been in active sales since 2022 and the active price went up to 207 right when it went on sale and went up again to 217 later that same year.

The data shows that over the past decade, DVC has raised the price on active sales every 8 months, on average.
That includes a slowdown during the pandemic. (pre-pandemic, 2010-2018, the average was every 6.8 months)
If this established trend continues, the next raise should be this summer, followed by another at the end of this year or very early next year.

I very much wish for the pricing to hold where it is for as long as possible, but I can't see DVC changing its pattern unless sales start to fall way, way off.
Even then, I believe they will still raise the prices, but increase the incentives as needed to compensate.

I do think you are putting too much stock on the verbage included in the video. This has been discussed in the VDH thread. There is precedent to think nothing of that verbage: this same thing happened when VGF2 was teased (before we knew the actual price). Many people were doing similar calculations based on the numbers included in the boiler plate message and that turned out to be wrong. What ended up happening was that the resort began sales at the same base price as other active sales resorts and there was no last minute increase on the base price. Look at the old VGF2 pricing threads and you'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter