The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The spread between resale and direct will definitely be more than $195 vs $170.

IF you should be right, no one would buy resale not for saving $20. I guesstimate a larger spread, and that Poly resale pricing will decrease, but that is still pending the direct pricing.
I had a similar reaction to the post.

At today’s prices, a $25 per point spread between direct and resale is nothing.

Just sell the current year’s points back to Disney and the spread sinks to almost 0.

The hassle of buying resale, access to benefits such as Moonlight Magic and member’s lounge, ability to book at Riviera, etc. are worth more than $25 per point.

Don’t forget that VGF resale prices nosedived after the direct prices of VGF2 were announced.

Anyone buying Poly resale now at an inflated price is taking a risk.

Last edited:
I had a similar reaction to the post.

At today’s prices, a $25 per point spread between direct and resale is nothing.

Just sell the current year’s points back to Disney and the spread sinks to almost 0.

The hassle of buying resale, access to benefits such as Moonlight Magic and member’s lounge, ability to book at Riviera, etc. are worth more than $25 per point.

Don’t forget that VGF resale prices nosedived after the direct prices of VGF2 were announced.

Anyone buying Poly resale now at an inflated price is taking a risk.
how low was VGF2 direct going for at 150 points?

Good point … when we were buying our first contract, my FOMO had me pushing direct so that we could stay at “any future resort”. My DH is much more level headed than I and said “let’s wait until there’s actually a restricted resort that we want to stay at, then we’ll add on direct then”. Neither of us cared about RIV so I was placing bets on these amazing future resorts that hadn’t even been built yet. We went PVB resale and couldn’t be happier.
It makes me wish we didn’t love RIV so much. With the Poly tower being open to resale, my direct point FOMO would be near zero if we hadn’t rented points and stayed there last year.

FW doesn’t move our needle, so it will be what, 5 or 6 years absolute minimum before there could be anything we could be locked out of. But dang it, being locked out of RIV (and a bit of blue card FOMO, I’ll admit it) makes us want some direct points 😕

Shared association Poly2 is a pass for me, so we will end up buying direct at Riviera probably.

I really believe "future" resorts is meant as just that, DVC properties at new resorts. Not new buildings at existing resorts.
But what’s the point, you know? What’s the point of adding restrictions on a “future” resort (and as far as I know they’ve never defined what they consider a new resort it’s just all of our speculations but someone correct me if I’m wrong pls) every 5 years or so and sprinkle in a few that don’t have any restrictions between? I genuinely don’t get that tactic.

I’ve read in a few place that Yacht Club could be the next deluxe resort to get a DVC addition. Speculation, of course, but if they open a DVC wing at Yacht club people could make the argument that since Yacht and Beach Club are basically extensions of one another and share facilities it should be the same association, as well. Another new resort, but not a new resort? Or is it? You see why the lack of clarity is annoying? Idk maybe it’s just me.

Hopefully, all this pushback makes them reconsider moving forward with the restrictions policy and just remove them altogether. It’s the only thing that makes sense and appeals to pretty much everyone and will reinstate some much need good faith back into DVD.

It makes me wish we didn’t love RIV so much. With the Poly tower being open to resale, my direct point FOMO would be near zero if we hadn’t rented points and stayed there last year.

FW doesn’t move our needle, so it will be what, 5 or 6 years absolute minimum before there could be anything we could be locked out of. But dang it, being locked out of RIV (and a bit of blue card FOMO, I’ll admit it) makes us want some direct points 😕

Shared association Poly2 is a pass for me, so we will end up buying direct at Riviera probably.
We don’t regret owning at Riviera. It has a valuable home resort priority since there are significantly less standard views as is the case at most DVC resorts but the point difference from preferred and the fact that many have fireworks views makes it even sweeter. Also it’s nice knowing you have Epcot access until 2070. If you enjoy RIV I promise you won’t regret it, resale restrictions or not.

I’ve read in a few place that Yacht Club could be the next deluxe resort to get a DVC addition. Speculation, of course, but if they open a DVC wing at Yacht club people could make the argument that since Yacht and Beach Club are basically extensions of one another and share facilities it should be the same association, as well. Another new resort, but not a new resort? Or is it? You see why the lack of clarity is annoying? Idk maybe it’s just me.
If they converted Yacht Club it would almost certainly be a new association just because they’re not going to sell a brand new building with a 2042 Beach Club expiration (and it may not even be legal in Florida).

Regardless, that’s a weird form of a slippery slope argument to me though. If the hypothetical is “if they did it here they might just find excuses to build more new resorts with customer-friendly terms” then I’m all for it.

We don’t regret owning at Riviera. It has a valuable home resort priority since there are significantly less standard views as is the case at most DVC resorts but the point difference from preferred and the fact that many have fireworks views makes it even sweeter. Also it’s nice knowing you have Epcot access until 2070. If you enjoy RIV I promise you won’t regret it, resale restrictions or not.

Restrictions don’t bother me, and you make a great point about the standard views. The point chart gets maligned, but IMO if you can book standard it’s not bad if you love the resort, which we do. Definitely better than the VGF+ chart the tower will probably have.

The plan was always to buy direct RIV or Poly2, so we could book RIV. Only question was would we have 11 month or 7 month access. Looks like it will be 11 and I’m fine with that 😎

If they converted Yacht Club it would almost certainly be a new association just because they’re not going to sell a brand new building with a 2042 Beach Club expiration (and it may not even be legal in Florida).

Regardless, that’s a weird form of a slippery slope argument to me though. If the hypothetical is “if they did it here they might just find excuses to build more new resorts with customer-friendly terms” then I’m all for it.
In most situations you would be correct.

However in 1 you wouldn’t - but it’s far fetched - I know.

I read somewhere else here on DIS that in Florida the timeshare laws dictate that you must have minimum 40 years of right to use for a new resort or association.

DVD could somehow bypass that IF they converted Yacht Club to DVC, EXTENDED Beach Club and did 1 association for both.

Not saying that it would look pretty could end up as it did with OKW.

Only in the sense that us smelly resale owners can book in the shiny new building. There goes the neighborhood!
Lmao more like we didn’t want the smelly bungalow points attached to the tower, making it more difficult to book the tower. Now that it’s same association, my smelly resale points can now bump me to a GV 😂

This was posted on Facebook:

"Just spoke with Yvonne Chang during the reception about Poly Towers some more. She stressed that the plan to make it part of the current poly association could change. They haven’t filed anything yet and have a way to go."

This was posted on Facebook:

"Just spoke with Yvonne Chang during the reception about Poly Towers some more. She stressed that the plan to make it part of the current poly association could change. They haven’t filed anything yet and have a way to go."
Wouldn't that be a bad PR move? But I doubt here in 2023/2024 Disney could care less.

That deal was insane and hard to pass up.
May be an unpopular take, but I think deals like those we saw for Grand Floridian are going to be the norm. Direct prices are so inflated, Disney really has to rebate them down under $175/point to generate any meaningful revenue. And I think DVC cares more about revenue than profit (they are already making a ton of profit, even with discounts). So, when the CEO says he needs revenue, they’ll do another round of sales just like we saw for VGF. Especially with Fort Wilderness in the mix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter