The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zoiks!!! Didn’t see that price point coming. Wondering if there are gonna be hella incentives when they hit the market but still….ZoIkS!!!!
Even if this guide has been told definitively the price, which I doubt frankly, base price won’t mean much, the real price will be after incentives.

Remember right before VGF2 went on sale? Literally the day before sales started you had guides being mum about the price, just telling people “don’t worry you’ll be happy *wink wink*. That price surprised us all day of, so it’s unlikely they’re giving guides actual prices months in advance.

Then again nothing they’ve done with this whole project makes much sense to me so 🤷‍♂️

Even if this guide has been told definitively the price, which I doubt frankly, base price won’t mean much, the real price will be after incentives.

Remember right before VGF2 went on sale? Literally the day before sales started you had guides being mum about the price, just telling people “don’t worry you’ll be happy *wink wink*. That price surprised us all day of, so it’s unlikely they’re giving guides actual prices months in advance.

Then again nothing they’ve done with this whole project makes much sense to me so 🤷‍♂️
That last part confirms your sanity to me. Either that or we’re both quite mad🤪

did they clarify if the $250 would be for current members?...seems so high
I reached out to my guide last night inquiring about adding on to my existing membership and wanted clarification as to would the Tower be part of the existing association. I expressed concerns about adding more RIV points because I don’t want to own a bunch of points at possibly the only restricted WDW resort. He responded late last night that management could not officially make a statement for the guides on the matter. This morning he emailed that his “Lead” confirmed it was part of same association and stated price was 250. I asked if he had any information on incentives and he said no but he would include 2023 use year points.

I reached out to my guide last night inquiring about adding on to my existing membership and wanted clarification as to would the Tower be part of the existing association. I expressed concerns about adding more RIV points because I don’t want to own a bunch of points at possibly the only restricted WDW resort. He responded late last night that management could not officially make a statement for the guides on the matter. This morning he emailed that his “Lead” confirmed it was part of same association and stated price was 250. I asked if he had any information on incentives and he said no but he would include 2023 use year points.
I think he’s trying to sell you sold-out PVB 1.0 points (which we now know will work at PVB 2.0). The tower won’t even be opened until late 2024 or even 2025 so I doubt 2023 points are on the table. The smart move is to
hold off and see what incentives are offered and if they lower the sold out price.

I think he’s trying to sell you sold-out PVB 1.0 points (which we now know will work at PVB 2.0). The tower won’t even be opened until late 2024 or even 2025 so I doubt 2023 points are on the table. The smart move is to
hold off and see what incentives are offered and if they lower the sold out price.
Exactly. That $250 is the "Sold Out" price for Poly. When (if) it goes back on sale, a la VGF2, the active sales price should be lower (I'd guess around $230 to be on-par with VDH). THEN, you can start looking for add-on incentives off THAT price. The 2023 points "offer" is definitely the giveaway (and still a head scratcher, and it would have to be a December UY contract as well).

Have you considered the possibility that the restrictions is not going away and the new tower will have its own association?

There IS a reason why DVD didn’t include the Q/A in the recap. I don’t think DVD has made the decision yet about whether to include it or not.
Yeah I have. I'm fine either way. I'm not too big on RIV anyways 😂

You think it’s worth paying an extra $35-$40 a point to add the ability to book at RIV and VDH (and CFW when it opens) and to get blue card privileges? I think there are some who may beg to differ.
No I think you misinterpreted what I was saying.

Maybe Disney, gets rid of them altogether. At least as far as using your points at other resorts.

Is it possible for DVC to make Poly2 its own association, but allow Poly2 owners to book 11 months at Poly1 and vice versa? That would enable DVC to implement resale restrictions at Poly2 while also keeping Poly2 “part of” Poly1. This is just me thinking out loud. I am trying to think of ways DVC could creatively do this so that their “Poly2 is part of Poly1” claim could hold true while also implementing resale restrictions.

Is it possible for DVC to make Poly2 its own association, but allow Poly2 owners to book 11 months at Poly1 and vice versa? That would enable DVC to implement resale restrictions at Poly2 while also keeping Poly2 “part of” Poly1. This is just me thinking out loud. I am trying to think of ways DVC could creatively do this so that their “Poly2 is part of Poly1” claim could hold true while also implementing resale restrictions.

No because the current contract gives PVB owners a one month advantage over everyone else and it would the same for Poly tower

They have already said it will be added to PVB. Of course, that doesn’t mean they have to declare the entire tower to PVB.

They have already said it will be added to PVB. Of course, that doesn’t mean they have to declare the entire tower to PVB.
What a roller coaster this has weekend has been. I guess I need to wait until the final DVC scene: will PVB resale plebes share the tower or will Te Kā split the tower into two camps. Currently a SSR plebe. Looking at PVB resale points for 11-month booking advantage at the tower.

Attachments

• Te Kā.jpeg
    Te Kā.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter