The Poly2 Pricing Thread

Will Poly2 Be a Part of the Original Polynesian Condo Association?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They have already said it will be added to PVB. Of course, that doesn’t mean they have to declare the entire tower to PVB.
What a roller coaster this day has been. I guess I need to wait until the final
100% this is directed at my crew when we use our resale SAP and walk into the VGF. We are not a quiet bunch. Looking at PVB resale points for Poly2 for that 11 month advantage.

Exactly. That $250 is the "Sold Out" price for Poly. When (if) it goes back on sale, a la VGF2, the active sales price should be lower (I'd guess around $230 to be on-par with VDH). THEN, you can start looking for add-on incentives off THAT price. The 2023 points "offer" is definitely the giveaway (and still a head scratcher, and it would have to be a December UY contract as well).
Idk the more I think about it, why not start it at $250/pt and then come down however much with incentives? It’s not like they’re bound by any obligations to start lower, it’s already set at that price currently and since it’s the same association there is precedence now. Especially if they start sales as a trust, seems like they’d start higher anyway for this kind of setup.

If the speculation about the trust remains just that, speculation for now, I think it might start at $230 VDH pricing but if it’s part of this brand new entity I think $250+ is very possible, especially if it includes 3-4 other “home” resorts.

Last edited:
Idk the more I think about it, why not start it at $250/pt and then come down however much with incentives? It’s not like they’re bound by any obligations to start lower, it’s already set at that price right currently and since it’s the same association there is precedence now. Especially if they start sales as a trust, seems like they’d start higher anyway for this kind of setup.

If the speculation about the trust remains just that, speculation for now, I think it might start at $230 VDH pricing but if it’s part of this brand new entity I think $250+ is very possible, especially if it includes 3-4 other “home” resorts.

When they announced the new rooms at VGF, they stopped selling direct because sold price was $255 and I think they knew it’d be less.

Now, Poly is $250 and they have sold some at that price. To me, that means the bases price is going to be that. VDH is $230 and if they do the typical yearly raise in price, it’s not out of the realm it will start at its current sold out price.

When they announced the new rooms at VGF, they stopped selling direct because sold price was $255 and I think they knew it’d be less.

Now, Poly is $250 and they have sold some at that price. To me, that means the bases price is going to be that. VDH is $230 and if they do the typical yearly raise in price, it’s not out of the realm it will start at its current sold out price.
What is VDH with current incentives?

I inquired about Epcot area properties with my Guide. Buy Beach Club for $275 per point!!

Attachments

• BeachClubVillas_Prospect_NoIncentive.pdf
    636.8 KB · Views: 32
Sorry didn’t want to start a new thread but didn’t know where to put this but I just got an email from my guide about the current sales and it also said

“Be sure to save before the price-per-Vacation Point increases at Disney’s Riviera Resort and AULANI Resort from $217 to $225, and at The Villas at Disneyland®Hotel from $230 to $239 on 1/30!”

Have they ever preemptively told us what the price will increase to? I wonder if this changes any thoughts about Poly pricing.

Sorry didn’t want to start a new thread but didn’t know where to put this but I just got an email from my guide about the current sales and it also said

“Be sure to save before the price-per-Vacation Point increases at Disney’s Riviera Resort and AULANI Resort from $217 to $225, and at The Villas at Disneyland®Hotel from $230 to $239 on 1/30!”

Have they ever preemptively told us what the price will increase to? I wonder if this changes any thoughts about Poly pricing.

Yes…they have but it hasn’t always happened or be this far in advance.

I think this makes me realize that we will see Poly tower come in at is sold out price of $250…before incentives.

Yes…they have but it hasn’t always happened or be this far in advance.

I think this makes me realize that we will see Poly tower come in at is sold out price of $250…before incentives.
Yeah I wasn’t sure if this was different or not we’ve only been members for about a year. I agree, I think this makes it easier to keep Poly at $250, or if nothing else start it $239 with VDH which is still very high.

Yeah I wasn’t sure if this was different or not we’ve only been members for about a year. I agree, I think this makes it easier to keep Poly at $250, or if nothing else start it $239 with VDH which is still very high.

To add why I think that is that they have sold PVB points recently at that price. They did it differently for VGF.

Waiting to see November sales!

With it being part of the same association, does anybody feel the need to buy less points there now since we can use resale points? I originally was thinking 300, but now thinking 200-250 and then using some of that money to buy me a nice little 100-150 point Grand Cal contract sooner than I anticipated. 200 should get at least 3 nights in a 2BR hopefully a year, maybe have to borrow here and there but we have 300+ RIV points to supplement the rest of the trip since overall we'd prefer being near Epcot. But it being same association has given me more options to consider 🤔

To add why I think that is that they have sold PVB points recently at that price. They did it differently for VGF.

Waiting to see November sales!
Yeah if I bought Poly direct recently and they lowered the price not even a year later I’d be a bit annoyed, not that I expect them to do anything about it.

With it being part of the same association, does anybody feel the need to buy less points there now since we can use resale points? I originally was thinking 300, but now thinking 200-250 and then using some of that money to buy me a nice little 100-150 point Grand Cal contract sooner than I anticipated. 200 should get at least 3 nights in a 2BR hopefully a year, maybe have to borrow here and there but we have 300+ RIV points to supplement the rest of the trip since overall we'd prefer being near Epcot. But it being same association has given me more options to consider 🤔
So if it was a different resort, I wouldn’t feel the need to buy anything at all — I don’t expect to like it better than the longhouses based on location, though I bet the views will be nice.

Depending on pricing, I might buy a small, direct contract because I do think it will be harder and harder to get studios at seven months— but since I already have two contracts that qualify for blue card benefits, the gap between direct and resale would have to be pretty low before it made sense to pay direct.

So if it was a different resort, I wouldn’t feel the need to buy anything at all — I don’t expect to like it better than the longhouses based on location, though I bet the views will be nice.

Depending on pricing, I might buy a small, direct contract because I do think it will be harder and harder to get studios at seven months— but since I already have two contracts that qualify for blue card benefits, the gap between direct and resale would have to be pretty low before it made sense to pay direct.
I'm thinking about like 200 direct so that I can pair it with my RIV points and stay in a RIV grand villa at will or use them as Poly studio/2BR and RIV studio/2BR points and then do 150 at Grand Cal down the line since I'm buying less direct points 🤔. I had the idea last night and I'm finding it pretty tempting for the future for my end goals of DVC and after that that's pretty much it.. 200 at AUL, 335 at RIV, 125 at AKL, 200 at Poly, 150 at Grand Cal. I'll have pretty much every US Disney resort covered except for HHI/VB which I have no desire to own of course lol. It would also put me over the 1,000 point mark. If it becomes too much would probably drop AKL, potentially AUL or 50 of RIV but the rest I'd keep. I love thinking about this stuff :P

Unfortunately, DW and I are going to need to add-on PVB2 direct.

Planning to sell other resort points, so our number of direct points is lower. Still grandfathered in. However, we want enough points to be able to stay at the newer restricted resorts.

We may be wrong, but DW and I expect another restricted Epcot area resort to open before 2032. At than time BCV/BWV will have roughly 10 years remaining and those owners will likely use or renting their points before 7 months. That will make direct points all the more important for RIV (7 months) and any future restricted Epcot resort. Hard to believe 2030 will only be 6 years away in less than 3 weeks.

I'm thinking about like 200 direct so that I can pair it with my RIV points and stay in a RIV grand villa at will or use them as Poly studio/2BR and RIV studio/2BR points and then do 150 at Grand Cal down the line since I'm buying less direct points 🤔. I had the idea last night and I'm finding it pretty tempting for the future for my end goals of DVC and after that that's pretty much it.. 200 at AUL, 335 at RIV, 125 at AKL, 200 at Poly, 150 at Grand Cal. I'll have pretty much every US Disney resort covered except for HHI/VB which I have no desire to own of course lol. It would also put me over the 1,000 point mark. If it becomes too much would probably drop AKL, potentially AUL or 50 of RIV but the rest I'd keep. I love thinking about this stuff :P
I think it's hard to gauge until the incentives come out and we see points charts. This was VGF when it went on sale early to current DVC members...
Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 5.18.43 PM.png

If you wanted 250 points you may still be tempted to bump up to 300 if incentives are structured similarly.

I don't think I will be adding any myself based on the information we have. Pricing would need to be like VGF over the summer and I would need a Favorite Week in the tower, but like DVC, this is all "SUBJECT TO CHANGE!" :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter