Things on TV shows that bug you....

Ha, that's exactly how it happened for me though. First contraction nearly dropped me to my knees and they started at two-to-three minutes apart. I immediately knew I was in labor. I was like, what the hell is happening?! I was told they'd start subtle and increase gradually! :laughing:

Same! Except my water broke and I immediately started contracting every 30-45 seconds! I nearly blacked out in the car from the seemingly constantly, excruciating pain. Once I got to the hospital, they had to administer terbutaline to slow down my labor. It was horrendous. First child...term pregnancy. The nurse was like "Honey, this is NOT what is supposed to happen." LOL!

So when I see that on TV, I can totally relate!

[QUOTE="luvsJack, post: 58799830, member: 144764"]I love hearing accents and sometimes wonder why they change them at all. And I am always surprised to hear them IRL and find out their accent is nothing like their character.

My favorite, what I thought, was a British accent was Enzo on Vampire Diaries. He isn’t British at all!

Rumple on Once Upon A Time. I think he is Scottish? But very different on the show than irl.[/QUOTE]

They change them to fit the show. On The Walking Dead, it takes place in southern Georgia. So everyone on the show has a southern accent. It wouldn't make sense for them all to speaking with British accents. It just shocked me to find out how many were not American. It is seriously half the cast that is British or Australian.

Last edited:
Same! Except my water broke and I immediately started contracting every 30-45 seconds! I nearly blacked out in the car from the seemingly constantly, excruciating pain. Once I got to the hospital, they had to administer terbutaline to slow down my labor. It was horrendous. First child...term pregnancy. The nurse was like "Honey, this is NOT what is supposed to happen." LOL!

So when I see that on TV, I can totally relate!
*Shudder* That sounds awful.

The weird thing is that I never felt any of my Braxton-Hicks contractions. I'd have to look down to even know they were happening. But that first labor contraction... Oh boy, did I feel it!

I always have to laugh at golden girls. They live in Miami and there always dressed like. Nanook of the north. With sweatshirts. Sweaters turtlenecks. And such. Also they used. The 555 numbers so people wouldn't call the number expecting to get ahold the person. I worked at the phone co after high school and they actually talked to us about it. Probably an interesting tidbit.

I remember seeing a lot of inconsistencies with book series I read as a teen. For example the boyfriend of the main character might have a sister in 1 book and another time would be referred to as an only child or the family got a dog and the breed would be listed as a golden retriever and then another time would be called a yellow lab.

I thought of another one (the new pajamas thread reminded me of this):

If someone wakes up in the middle of the night, they immediately put on a robe and slippers before going to check it out?
-- a mysterious sound from the house = robe and slippers
-- a knock at the front door = robe and slippers
-- frightened child calling from another room = robe and slippers
-- house on fire = robe and slippers

Does anybody wear a robe on a regular basis? I know I don't. I don't even own a robe. If I had to go to outside, I might grab a sweatshirt on the way out and my closest pair of shoes. I own a pair of slippers, but I think they're lost somewhere under the bed.

I love hearing accents and sometimes wonder why they change them at all. And I am always surprised to hear them IRL and find out their accent is nothing like their character.

My favorite, what I thought, was a British accent was Enzo on Vampire Diaries. He isn’t British at all!

Rumple on Once Upon A Time. I think he is Scottish? But very different on the show than irl.

The guy who played Higgins on Magnum PI (John Hillerman??) used to get tons of fan mail from British fans who thought he was British. He was from Texas Lol.

If someone wakes up in the middle of the night, they immediately put on a robe and slippers before going to check it out?

Does anybody wear a robe on a regular basis? I know I don't. I don't even own a robe. If I had to go to outside, I might grab a sweatshirt on the way out and my closest pair of shoes. I own a pair of slippers, but I think they're lost somewhere under the bed.

Nobody in my house even owns pajamas LOL

They change them to fit the show. On The Walking Dead, it takes place in southern Georgia. So everyone on the show has a southern accent. It wouldn't make sense for them all to speaking with British accents. It just shocked me to find out how many were not American. It is seriously half the cast that is British or Australian.

Oh yeah, I understand for shows like that. It’s the ones where it really doesn’t matter. Like Enzo. He was a vampire that met Damian close to Mystic Falls. No real explanation for his accent (which is done beautifully btw).

Now on The Originals, Haley is played by an Australian actress (I think that’s right) and she has a perfect accent on the show for a young lady from the Louisiana bayou without being “over done”.

Watched Chicago Med last night and remembered something else that bugs me. Dr Halstead’s hair! I don’t know if that is his real hair or not but looking at him straight on it looks like a bad wig! Like, Twilight bad wig. I don’t know why they don’t fix it. It’s diatracting when he is in the scene! Lol

.....what's wrong with a robe? I use mine all the time....

Weltliche_Schatzkammer_Wien_%2836%29pano.jpg

....it makes me feel SUPER SPECIAL. popcorn::

When they work out they don't break a sweat, their hair and make-up is perfect, and they are happy.

Like the family in this commercial, mom has perfect hair/makeup, looks happy, not too sweaty for a major run, and the family finds a last minute parking spot close tot he finish line.

I am a nurse and relate to the aggravation of the other nurses regarding medical shows.

My all time favorite is the patient laying in bed with a nasal cannula in his nose with the sound of the ventilator running in the background!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter