Things on TV shows that bug you....

My favorite part of Galaxy Quest (the movie) was Sam Rockwell's character freaking out because he didn't have a "name" on the show (he was a redshirt) and so was convinced he would die on the mission.

:rotfl:

My favorite part of Galaxy Quest (the movie) was Sam Rockwell's character freaking out because he didn't have a "name" on the show (he was a redshirt) and so was convinced he would die on the mission.

"Did you guys ever *watch* the show?!"

We love that movie and Guy is hilarious. (So funny that the redshirt's name is Guy.)

Boston accents. No one from Boston sounds like a Kennedy but that's always the accent they use!

I always think of Marc Wahlberg when I think of Boston accents or John Cena.

I think if Matt Damon & Ben Affleck. Since they are both from that area, they really like to play up the Boston accent, too. I think Matt used it in The Departed.

This does not bug me, but just an observation. The comment about the Boston accent made me think of this.

They use so many British actors for tv shows. It's unreal how many they use and you don't even know that are British until you see them in an interview and they are speaking in their normal accent.

Hugh Laurie for me. I've probably seen him before House, M.D. But, I wouldn't have been able to pick him out of a police line up. So, really the first time I saw him was as House.

Also Freddie Highmore. I didn't even know he was a Brit till Vera Farmiga (Norma) said in an interview that Freddie went back to Britain when they weren't filming Bates Motel, to finish college.

One time I saw a funny outtake, where Freddie couldn't remember his line, and he tried to fill it in and naturally slipped into his own British accent. Vera stared laughing, saying, "Is Norman British now?" :lmao:

As retired law enforcement, I could pick about a hundred things that drive me crazy. I choose to suspend disbelief and go on to enjoy the show but here are some of my highlights:

The arrest is made and the suspect is in the police car. Why is the officer driving away with his lights (and sometimes sirens) on?

One of my favorites (hello Criminal Minds and L&O SVU) is when we are going in to perform a search for a high risk target. The Hard Entry Team is decked out in full Kevlar and shields but the detectives go in with them wearing street clothes and a vest, sometimes even taking the lead.

Going to trial within days of an arrest (Bull); still looking for and finding trial evidence on day four of the trial; surprise evidence (ever hear of discovery?)

Kirk, McCoy, Spock, Scottie, and Sulu and some guy in a red shirt are beaming down to the planet. Guess who isn't coming back?

Majel Barrett, (Nurse Chapel & Gene Roddenberry's wife,) was interviewed and she said they were nicknamed "Redshirts." :duck: :rotfl:

From Wiki:

"Of the 59 crew members killed in the series, 43 (73%) were wearing red shirts." :scared:

NOW, on pretty much any other TV show or movie, the "Redshirts" are any MINORITY.

Back in the '70s & "80s, it was the token black guy(s) that got bumped off first. Now, it's the Hispanic & Asians and any other minority. I'm watching Jurassic World now. It's a 2015 movie. Of course a dinosaur escapes. They send a team to look for her, capture her and bring her back. As soon as I saw the Asian commander get out of the ATV, I knew he was toast. :duck:

Yep, barely lasted 2 minutes. :sad2:

NOW, on pretty much any other TV show or movie, the "Redshirts" are any MINORITY.

Back in the '70s & "80s, it was the token black guy(s) that got bumped off first. Now, it's the Hispanic & Asians and any other minority. I'm watching Jurassic World now. It's a 2015 movie. Of course a dinosaur escapes. They send a team to look for her, capture her and bring her back. As soon as I saw the Asian commander get out of the ATV, I knew he was toast. :duck:

Yep, barely lasted 2 minutes. :sad2:

Yes but only when Sean Bean isn't available.

I think if Matt Damon & Ben Affleck. Since they are both from that area, they really like to play up the Boston accent, too. I think Matt used it in The Departed.

Hugh Laurie for me. I've probably seen him before House, M.D. But, I wouldn't have been able to pick him out of a police line up. So, really the first time I saw him was as House.

Also Freddie Highmore. I didn't even know he was a Brit till Vera Farmiga (Norma) said in an interview that Freddie went back to Britain when they weren't filming Bates Motel, to finish college.

One time I saw a funny outtake, where Freddie couldn't remember his line, and he tried to fill it in and naturally slipped into his own British accent. Vera stared laughing, saying, "Is Norman British now?" :lmao:

If you’ve seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, you’ve seen Freddie Highmore being British..he was Charlie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter