We are planning to go to WDW for 3 weeks in March 2020 and 3 weeks in Feb. 2021. We will buy Gold Annual passes (DVC members) and stay on site at DVC resorts using our points. Our problem is we don't know the exact dates of our stays yet. We are retired Canadians and will be in Florida Feb. to Apr. both years, so very flexible. How will this new reservation system affect us? We were going to wait to buy the Annual Passes until the end of this year, but do we need them to book park reservations? And do we need to make our resort reservations ASAP as well?
Thanks,
Tony

Currently you need an AP to book 3 days. To book stay days you need hotel and and a park pass to book parks. Annual pass begins use year on first day used to enter park.

DS got 5 tics back in February for our April trip that has been moved to October...
They are park hoppers and now with PH not an option does anyone know if we can receive a refund on the PH option on our tickets?
TIA
All the CMs I have spoken with are able to downgrade days and park hoppers.

@xfiles3010 For a refund, I think you'll need to go back through Sams. I haven't heard what their policy involves. Alternatively, you can keep the ticket and apply it towards tickets for your next visit.

@disneykins It's very similar to the FP+ system - you must have tickets to make a parks reservation; to make reservations for a full week or length of stay, you must have an on-site resort booked. How quickly Feb. or Apr. reservations will book up is anyone's guess at this point, though I expect WDW will be adding capacity by that point so it may not be too difficult later.

Assuming Disney opens up ticket sales for the rest of 2020, I have reservations at the Swan for Nov 3 week. I booked through Marriott with points. Will I need to convert this booking into a package to buy tickets and reserve parks, or do they let you buy tickets & reserve parks with a separate room only reservation?

I assume swan will be open in Nov? Could I possibly be wrong and should I rebook to a different resort just in case?

Assuming Disney opens up ticket sales for the rest of 2020, I have reservations at the Swan for Nov 3 week. I booked through Marriott with points. Will I need to convert this booking into a package to buy tickets and reserve parks, or do they let you buy tickets & reserve parks with a separate room only reservation?

I assume swan will be open in Nov? Could I possibly be wrong and should I rebook to a different resort just in case?
I'm pretty sure I read that the Swan/Dolphin will be opening late July or early August so I think your November stay should be fine (barring any re-closure requirements). WDW packages are not required for access to the parks so assuming tickets go back on sale for 2020 you can just buy standalone tickets. You'll be able to check park availability before purchasing. Again, that all assumes things proceed as planned and that ticket sales resume for 2020.

My youngest ask me the other day if I was going to buy us some water park APs to have to put up but I told her I don't know if/when Disney will sell them again. Any idea?

Sorry if this has already been addressed in this thread.

If I buy a room+tix package, can I upgrade only 2 of the 4 tix in the package?

We will be there for 7 days and I'd rather get 6-day PH's and then decide after we get there if we want another day in the park. I'm pretty sure DH & I will want a chill day, but my DD's might want another day.

Are the new tickets for 2021 subject to the same limits as before with respect to how many days you have to use them once you use the first day? For example, if I buy a 10 day ticket, how many days do I have to use them or lose them?

Are the new tickets for 2021 subject to the same limits as before with respect to how many days you have to use them once you use the first day? For example, if I buy a 10 day ticket, how many days do I have to use them or lose them?
Nobody can say,
as we don't know (heck, DISNEY does not know) if and/or when they will drop the use of daily "park reservations."
When the "reservations" are no longer needed/used, it will be a safe bet that the limited number of days following first use
until a multi-day ticket expires will return.

Nobody can say,
as we don't know (heck, DISNEY does not know) if and/or when they will drop the use of daily "park reservations."
When the "reservations" are no longer needed/used, it will be a safe bet that the limited number of days following first use
until a multi-day ticket expires will return.

I was able to answer this by going part way through the ticket purchase process, even though I don’t have specific dates for a trip yet. If you click on the number of days you want, it tells you to pick a day for your first day, and then it tells you how many days you have to use all of the days on your ticket. For example, a 10 day ticket has to be used in a period of 14 days starting with the day of first use.

I was hoping that they might offer a ticket that could be used over multiple, shorter trips. Like the old no expiration tickets, but with an expiration of like a year or two. But, at least for now, no such luck.

I was able to answer this by going part way through the ticket purchase process, even though I don’t have specific dates for a trip yet. If you click on the number of days you want, it tells you to pick a day for your first day, and then it tells you how many days you have to use all of the days on your ticket. For example, a 10 day ticket has to be used in a period of 14 days starting with the day of first use.
What you describe are the "normal" ticket usage rules.

And, while what you describe is absolutely possible (likely will be,) I would not trust anything to be fully "normal" (sad to say) for quite some time.

I realize things are always subject to change, but these are the rules now for buying park tickets today for dates in 2021, and that’s all I was wondering about.

I think because you can check park availability before purchasing tickets, new sales of 2021 tickets are sticking with the standard date-based validity window. Only the 2020 tickets purchased before ticket sales were suspended get the extension thru 9/26/21.

Is there a way to downgrade tickets after first use? We have 6 day PH tickets. Say we go for 2-3 days and find the mask wearing is too much so we just want to hang around the pool. Are we able to refund the rest of the ticket price?

Is there a way to downgrade tickets after first use? We have 6 day PH tickets. Say we go for 2-3 days and find the mask wearing is too much so we just want to hang around the pool. Are we able to refund the rest of the ticket price?
You can ask but I wouldn’t expect it. Do your tickets have the extended expiration of 9/26/2021? If so, you can carry those unused days for another visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter