Neither. The credit will be the WDW online price as of the date you bought the UT ticket. If a price increase occurs in the meantime (probably not in your scenario) the credit will not include such.

Thank you. As you can tell, it's been a while since I've price bridged an authorized reseller's ticket. I just found Boardwalk Ticketing which has even better prices.

Just to confirm, I can buy Boardwalk Ticketing 10-day PH starting on 9/10 for $674.23 today and if I called DVC and upgraded to an AP I would have the current WDW online price of $737.11 (with tax) applied to the AP. I don't have to wait until I get to the parks and use the ticket first?

Thank you. As you can tell, it's been a while since I've price bridged an authorized reseller's ticket. I just found Boardwalk Ticketing which has even better prices.

Just to confirm, I can buy Boardwalk Ticketing 10-day PH starting on 9/10 for $674.23 today and if I called DVC and upgraded to an AP I would have the current WDW online price of $737.11 (with tax) applied to the AP. I don't have to wait until I get to the parks and use the ticket first?
I didn't confirm the prices quoted, but your understanding is correct. You should get to keep that savings and you can upgrade by phone -- I think you have to call the DVC number first who will confirm your DVC eligibility and then transfer you to ticketing for the purchase.

A family member bought 7 day park tickets last summer and ended up not going on the trip. Due to health issues, this family member is unlikely to ever make a trip. I am considering buying APs for my family in the near future. Are they able to transfer the tickets/credit (not sure which it is at this point) to me and I can use the price they paid towards the cost of a new AP? Can this be done over the phone?

Does this family member have their own MDE or do you manage their profile? The ticket (and now the credit) are linked to that person. It will be easiest if whomever owns the MDE account works on the upgrade/transfer, but WDW may be able to help you if that person is incapacitated. I'm not sure a credit can be transferred without involving WDW's assistance. But yes that credit can be used towards a new AP and it should be able to be done over the phone.

Does this family member have their own MDE or do you manage their profile? The ticket (and now the credit) are linked to that person. It will be easiest if whomever owns the MDE account works on the upgrade/transfer, but WDW may be able to help you if that person is incapacitated. I'm not sure a credit can be transferred without involving WDW's assistance. But yes that credit can be used towards a new AP and it should be able to be done over the phone.
Thank you. The person has their own MDE, but I do have their login info. So what probably makes sense is to purchase the AP using the credit and then reassign the AP to the correct MDE, yes?

AP question. I purchased them for my daughter and myself, but can I not get the discount on MNSSHP until we actually use them? It’s been a couple of years so I can’t remember. It’s not a huge discount but it would buy a snack or two that night!

Ok after not having my AP for the last 2.5 years and 5 trips I will be upgrading my tickets to an AP in October however I have a question. I know when I do my 2 trips in 2024 I will need to make park reservations, as of now that is, but when I upgrade my tickets this year to an AP will I lose my park reservations I already have booked? My DH won't be getting an AP so I know his will be fine, just wondering about mine.

I have 5 day military salute PH plus options tickets which cost $396 each.

I want one additional day and I think think the cheapest option is for me to just buy a one day ticket for a day I do not intend to PH. One day tickets from Shades of Green are $130, no tax. I think this is the cheapest option available to me. (Epcot on Aug 14 is $129 + tax through DIsney, so Shades of Green is cheaper because of the tax savings on 5 tickets)

Can I use a one day ticket in the middle of using my 5 day PH ticket? And how do I make sure that the one day ticket is used on the correct day? My military salute tickets and MNSSHP and After Hours tickets are linked in MDE and I also have the hard tickets. We have new magic bands.

Here is what I want to do:

Aug 11 - arrive, use 2 plus options at golf & typhoon lagoon
Aug 12 - DHS (no hopping) - use 5 day ticket
Aug 13 - MK (no hopping) - use 5 day ticket
Aug 14 - Epcot - use single day ticket $130 will purchase from shades of green
Aug 15 - MK (no hopping) - use 5 day ticket, use MNSSHP ticket
Aug 16 - AK/DHS - use 5 day ticket
Aug 17 - AK/Epcot - use 5 day ticket, AFter hours Epcot ticket
Aug 18 - use 2 plus options, MNSSHP ticket
Aug 19 - use 1 plus option

Way back, I think it was January 2021, I had a trip planned, tickets bought, and I cancelled the trip due to Covid uneasiness. At the time, the CM I talked to said that I'd have a credit on the tickets. But I didn't save anything, and I don't even know who/where to call. What are my chances of getting any credit? Does anyone know the phone number to call?

Do you have the emails from the tickets you purchased? Those might have the info you're looking for and you can call in with those numbers. They should be able to see them in the system.

Do you have physical tickets or were they e-tickets? Can you see them in your MDE account?

Did you buy a room package that included tickets from Disney? If so, the tickets were probably canceled when you canceled the reservation.

I found this info from post #10 of this thread, last updated in 2018. Is it still accurate?

Using a specific ticket in your MDX account.
(Setting the PRIORITY of multiple tickets.)

Many times a guest may have more than one valid ticket in her/his MDX account.

It can be very important to designate WHICH ticket will be used the next time(s) that guest
goes into a WDW park.

One way to do this is to make a stop at any Guest Relations outside any park (including Epcot's International Gateway) or at Downtown Disney's Guest Relations (called "The Welcome Center.")
Have the Guest Relations CM set the "priority" to the highest level of the ticket that you wish to use next at a park gate.
If that ticket has multiple assets (entries) on it,
it will stay set at the highest priority until its assets have all been used.
Some WDW Resort Concierge CMs can do this.
Stop be the Concierge desk and ask.
(If the CM there seems uncomfortable with the procedure, nicely decline the request
and head to a Guest Relations outside any park or visit the "Welcome Center" at Disney Springs.)

I found this info from post #10 of this thread, last updated in 2018. Is it still accurate?

Using a specific ticket in your MDX account.
(Setting the PRIORITY of multiple tickets.)

Many times a guest may have more than one valid ticket in her/his MDX account.

It can be very important to designate WHICH ticket will be used the next time(s) that guest
goes into a WDW park.

One way to do this is to make a stop at any Guest Relations outside any park (including Epcot's International Gateway) or at Downtown Disney's Guest Relations (called "The Welcome Center.")
Have the Guest Relations CM set the "priority" to the highest level of the ticket that you wish to use next at a park gate.
If that ticket has multiple assets (entries) on it,
it will stay set at the highest priority until its assets have all been used.
Some WDW Resort Concierge CMs can do this.
Stop be the Concierge desk and ask.
(If the CM there seems uncomfortable with the procedure, nicely decline the request
and head to a Guest Relations outside any park or visit the "Welcome Center" at Disney Springs.)
Yes. Visiting Guest Relations to set priority of your tickets is very important if you have more than one ticket on your MDE account.

But I didn't save anything, and I don't even know who/where to call. What are my chances of getting any credit? Does anyone know the phone number to call?
Call. I think there is a Ticketing number on the first page of this thread, otherwise just call the main number and tell them you want to use an old ticket credit. Once the ticket expires it disappears from your view but the CMs can see it. Unfortunately if you don’t have the old receipt or notes from cancellation you may not know how much to expect as a credit.

If my wife and I buy DVC Annual Passes and take our adult DD, DS, DSIL and grandson with us, can they enter parks through the Passholder line with us? They will have 5 day, not hopper passes.
Thanks,
Tony

If my wife and I buy DVC Annual Passes and take our adult DD, DS, DSIL and grandson with us, can they enter parks through the Passholder line with us? They will have 5 day, not hopper passes.
Thanks,
Tony

This is what I found searching the thread. It appears yes, your party should be allowed to enter together using the PH line.

Yes, you can. I’ve sometimes seen a CM outside the Passholder line asking people whether they have an AP or not and sending the non-passholders to a regular line, but I haven’t seen them splitting parties.

I used the search button, but the most recent I found was 2018. Is there a current analysis what is the breakeven point for the amount of days visiting theme parks for an annual pass in 2023?

I used the search button, but the most recent I found was 2018. Is there a current analysis what is the breakeven point for the amount of days visiting theme parks for an annual pass in 2023?
Unfortunately there really are too many variables to there to be a breakeven point any longer. Ticket prices vary depending on day, park, length of ticket, etc.

E.g. We are visiting in August and have 8 day PH+ tickets and even with those we are only about 50% of the way towards an AP being a good choice for us.

But, for a guest that visits for 8 days over more, smaller trips, an AP might already be a good choice as they're paying a higher price for shorter duration tickets.

Also, we visit in late Aug when ticket prices are lower. A person who visits during peak season will find the jump to an AP happens faster.

Basically, there is no 'one answer' to this question any longer due to all the variable ticket prices and options. It's really a matter of looking at when you might want to visit, length of tickets you're purchasing and running the numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter