Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

Silly question, but I assume even at midnight, we shouldn't have a problem getting a cab at the airport?

I just found out that I can't book the $10 round trip SoG shuttle to Universal. Does anybody have ideas for another, CHEAP option? I am going to Universal twice during my trip.

- when I look at Mears, I'm getting quotes for $53+ each way, wayyyy more than the $34 round trip I've seen quoted elsewhere
- Uber looks to be about $20 each way
- renting a car will cost me $63 total (I'd pick it up from the airport, skipping my DME reservation)

Is the rental car the best solution? It's the cheapest I've seen even with buying gas, plus it would save some time, but is there really nothing cheaper than ~$35 round trip?

Last edited:

I just found out that I can't book the $10 round trip SoG shuttle to Universal. Does anybody have ideas for another, CHEAP option? I am going to Universal twice during my trip.

- when I look at Mears, I'm getting quotes for $53+ each way, wayyyy more than the $34 round trip I've seen quoted elsewhere
- renting a car will cost me $63 total (I'd pick it up from the airport, skipping my DME reservation)

Is the rental car the best solution? It's the cheapest I've seen even with buying gas, plus it would save some time, but is there really nothing cheaper than ~$35 round trip?
If you're going twice, and your schedule can be made to fit, and not doing SoG on a package with a minimum stay, a cheaper option is to do a split stay. Not only can you get hotels close to Universal for less than most Disney hotels, but it reduces your trips between the two from four trips to just one.

If you're going twice, and your schedule can be made to fit, and not doing SoG on a package with a minimum stay, a cheaper option is to do a split stay. Not only can you get hotels close to Universal for less than most Disney hotels, but it reduces your trips between the two from four trips to just one.

I do realize that, and I have looked into it, but assuming I don't do a split stay is there anything cheaper than $35 round trip from Disney to Universal?

Add $20 per visit if you rent a car for garage parking

How many in your party for the UO park portion?

If you have 2 or more in your group, private car service would be $100 rt

So we are probably staying at a nearby to Universal hotel maybe Drury and I am not so keen on using the free shuttles because that always ends up being a PITA to me. So I am thinking about taxis or ubers to just take us like 2 miles or less to the Universal entrance. Anyone have any experience with that?

Use taxi or uber to be in the park early

I know the schedule can change based on dates you stay there but last year when I checked, first shuttle left drury at 8:25/30

This shuttle is not shared with other hotels
It goes directly to UO

But morning traffic can be an issue and be dropped off at city walk section at 8:45

thanks Macraven. I saw it left and picked up at scheduled times and I don't really want to have to keep to their schedule so I think we are going to uber or taxi. I mean it has to be cheaper than paying the $22 for parking to go 2 miles right?

you are correct.

so much cheaper to do taxi/uber than to pay $22 for garage parking

you could use the drury inn shuttle to return from the parks to the hotel

This morning we walked out of our hotel and got in a Mears cab to head over to Universal, forgetting to call an Uber because it was 7:45am and I wasn't thinking yet. It cost a little over $40.

This evening we took an Uber from Universal back to our Disney hotel. $17.

Wow. Only using Uber from now on.

I just contacted Tony H today. I need to go from MCO to Loews Royal Pacific and then from LRP to Port Canaveral. I was quoted $220. Does this sound reasonable?

Yes
It's cheaper than the other companies

You have a 3 leg trip
Mco to rpr

Rpr to port and then back to mco

And you get a free grocery stop if you request one

Following up, Uber has cost me between $13-15 each way to/from Pop Century and Universal. And the cars have been surprisingly nice (Lexus and Mercedes-Benz). Definitely better than Mears!

I'm travelling to WDW December 2016 and are staying at POR, and was just wondering if its worth hiring a car for our final week stay in order to get to US, IOA, SW and BG with more ease?

I know people are recommending the Mears' Shuttles, what time do they run until on the night and what time do they start running in the morning? We want to make the most of our time at the parks and don't want to be rushing back for transport.

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated, Thanks.

might be cheapest with uber

i don't use it but private car service as it is one set price for me.
i find it fast and convenient but there are cheaper ways to go back and forth to parks

my preference is time not money.

but shuttles will get you to where you want to go but you would be on their schedules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter