*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

For who took a cab or rideshare service after the Epcot party, was there very many cars available at the time? I am staying a short distance away at AKL so it would definitely be cheaper to use a rideshare service, bt I'm sorried about having to wait a really long time to get a vehicle.

I'm new to the site and forums. Well, not really but have been reading them for a few years. Also, I'm Male to Female Transgendered which makes me a bit hesitant.

I also had a total knee replacement a year ago and now I need a total hip replacement, ugh. I may be in an ECV, I don't have a date for surgery (dr wants to try less invasive stuff first). I can stand fine and I can walk short distances today but don't know how I'll be in August.

I've been wanting to attend one of these for a while and I finally decided to bite the bullet and fly, er drive solo for the event. I won't be attending Saturday night, I waited too long to reserve everything. Long time Disney fan, since the early 1970's. I've stayed at every resort built before 2015. First visit was 1/20-24/1975, Senior class trip. But that's a whole other story. LOL

I'm staying at The Contemporary from 8/8 to 8/11. I'm coming over on 8/7 for the day (I live in Tampa Bay) and heading back home later that day, coming back and staying on the 8th. So please feel free to add me to the list of who's staying where.

I'm interested in the following events...

Bar Crawl, Options 2, 3 or 4
Trivia Contest
Mini Golf Tournament
Disney Tours
Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom Friday 8/9
Hoop Dee Doo
Illuminations
Disney Springs Lunch (no Movie)
Garden Grill Solo Travelers Breakfast (If Thursday or Saturday)
Breakfast in Magic Kingdom​

Welcome, Danielle!

I hope we get the chance to meet. I love connecting with people who have as long a history with Disney and Disney World as I do. My first trip was Memorial Day Weekend 1978. Good luck with the medical stuff. If you do anything to adorn your ECV that would make you easier to recognize, let us know.

First off, welcome Danielle!! Looking forward to meeting you!

Second, i have both of you beat on the long history with disney and disney world :)

My first trip to disney world was in May 1974, the end of my first year at hopkins..
Drove down from baltimore (in a pinto for those of you familiar with the infamous history of that car)..

we camped for a week in a tent at Fort Wilderness....how do you spell heaven!!!!

that was followed by a week at the contemporary with my parents who flew down to join me at WDW...

from then until today, i've been at WDW almost every year (sometimes more than once), even after moving halfway around the world...(yes, our friends think we're certifiable)

but really my very first visit to a disney park was back in 1972, when i first went to disneyland during a rose bowl trip (stanford vs university of michigan)...
i flew all the way across the country for the rose bowl, but ended up giving away my game tickets to go to disneyland instead...

Even then, i knew what was really important!!

I'm new to the site and forums. Well, not really but have been reading them for a few years. Also, I'm Male to Female Transgendered which makes me a bit hesitant.
Welcome Danielle! :welcome:

I'd like to try to set your mind at ease a bit. We've been attending these events since they started way back with PCC 1.0 and the live podcasts/M&G before that. We have found that universally the other attendees are open and welcoming. You'll have much in common with them to chat about. Many will love to hear about "the old days" of WDW. I doubt anybody will be asking about you being M2F unless you bring it up yourself.

As an old timer myself, I hope to meet you in person and chat about the early days at WDW. :chat:

I also had a total knee replacement a year ago and now I need a total hip replacement, ugh. I may be in an ECV, I don't have a date for surgery (dr wants to try less invasive stuff first). I can stand fine and I can walk short distances today but don't know how I'll be in August.

I've been wanting to attend one of these for a while and I finally decided to bite the bullet and fly, er drive solo for the event. I won't be attending Saturday night, I waited too long to reserve everything. Long time Disney fan, since the early 1970's. I've stayed at every resort built before 2015. First visit was 1/20-24/1975, Senior class trip. But that's a whole other story. LOL

I'm staying at The Contemporary from 8/8 to 8/11. I'm coming over on 8/7 for the day (I live in Tampa Bay) and heading back home later that day, coming back and staying on the 8th. So please feel free to add me to the list of who's staying where.

Trivia Contest
Mini Golf Tournament
Disney Tours
Hoop Dee Doo
Illuminations

Hi Danielle - sorry that I hadn't seen this early and only now put in the updates to the first post - but have done that now .... :welcome:

Just a couple notes on the items you expressed interest in:
- For the Tour, we are just booking ourselves into the respective tours and then indicating which ones we have signed up for. So if you want to do that one, just book it and let me know. That is the one my wife and I have signed up for and would be great to have you there too!
- For Hoop Dee Doo we already booked the ADRs as we did it at 180 days out ... not sure if there are still spaced available (seemed to fill up) but I can check or at the very least keep you on the list in case someone else cancels
- For the Garden Grill breakfast, I am tagging @afan who was taking lead and not sure if that has been fully booked/if there are spots/etc
- For breakfast in MK, tagging @k8Davies who was taking lead - I think there was still at least one spot on the ADR for breakfast at the Plaza, but will let her confirm!

Glad you decided to come!!!

Hi Danielle - sorry that I hadn't seen this early and only now put in the updates to the first post - but have done that now .... :welcome:

Just a couple notes on the items you expressed interest in:
- For the Tour, we are just booking ourselves into the respective tours and then indicating which ones we have signed up for. So if you want to do that one, just book it and let me know. That is the one my wife and I have signed up for and would be great to have you there too!
- For Hoop Dee Doo we already booked the ADRs as we did it at 180 days out ... not sure if there are still spaced available (seemed to fill up) but I can check or at the very least keep you on the list in case someone else cancels
- For the Garden Grill breakfast, I am tagging @afan who was taking lead and not sure if that has been fully booked/if there are spots/etc
- For breakfast in MK, tagging @k8Davies who was taking lead - I think there was still at least one spot on the ADR for breakfast at the Plaza, but will let her confirm!

Glad you decided to come!!!

Garden grill is booked and full as of now. I think there was someone else that posted after it was booked about being interested as well so it may be possible someone could set up another one.

Trivia Contest
Mini Golf Tournament
Disney Tours
Hoop Dee Doo
Illuminations

Welcome to the boards and event Danielle. Looking forward to meeting you during the event.

***** Update on transportation post Pandora Party ****

Just an FYI that John has sent to everyone registered for the Pandora Party the link to register for bus transportation after the event.

The cost is $10/person and they will go to all Disney hotels including Swan and Dolphin but will only be available after the part ends at 1am. You must pre-register and the cost is non-refundable

As someone asked in the main thread, the buses can accommodate wheelchairs and ECVs BUT they will be going under the bus and you will have to be able to climb the stairs into the bus, there is no "lift" available

If you registered for the party and did NOT get an e-mail please please email John at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com with the subject "Transportation Email Needed - FIRST NAME LAST NAME"

***** /end Update on transportation post Pandora Party ****

We did the DIS bus last time for the Epcot party but we didn't have a car that trip since we only came down for less than 48 hours and stayed onsite. This time we'll be driving down and staying offsite for 11 days so we'll just drive to AK for the party. The bus is a great option though. $10/person is pretty reasonable and avoids worrying about getting an Uber/Lyft at that hour.

We did the DIS bus last time for the Epcot party but we didn't have a car that trip since we only came down for less than 48 hours and stayed onsite. This time we'll be driving down and staying offsite for 11 days so we'll just drive to AK for the party. The bus is a great option though. $10/person is pretty reasonable and avoids worrying about getting an Uber/Lyft at that hour.

i think we'll drive as well....i'm a bit nervous about that huge lot in the middle of the night, but i guess there will be others walking out to their cars at the same time.

I've loved the Plaza every time I've eaten there. And thanks for your welcome. By the way, were you the one looking to adopt someone for the BLT event?

Okay having a brain dead moment, what BLT as now all I am thinking about is sandwiches lol

***** Update on transportation post Pandora Party ****

Just an FYI that John has sent to everyone registered for the Pandora Party the link to register for bus transportation after the event.

The cost is $10/person and they will go to all Disney hotels including Swan and Dolphin but will only be available after the part ends at 1am. You must pre-register and the cost is non-refundable

As someone asked in the main thread, the buses can accommodate wheelchairs and ECVs BUT they will be going under the bus and you will have to be able to climb the stairs into the bus, there is no "lift" available

If you registered for the party and did NOT get an e-mail please please email John at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com with the subject "Transportation Email Needed - FIRST NAME LAST NAME"

***** /end Update on transportation post Pandora Party ****

Yay I have booked my Transport so now I’m all settled.

As I do like to worry over nothing and I was getting a bit anxious about how I was getting back from the party. So now I can just go and have a good time ride FOP until I’m dizzy and know I’m getting home safe and sound.

We have to change our plans. We will now arrive on Aug 8, so please take us off the Universal and pre-party lists.:sad:

I’m torn whether I want to take the bus or take an Uber. I’m sure by 1 I’ll be exhausted and I thought I read someone say it does take the bus awhile to leave. I also don’t think I can register yet cause I’m not 100% sure what hotel I’ll be at. There’s a chance I may splurge on a few nights at the contemporary depending on how much my roof costs. I’m having trouble resisting the group rates especially since I’ll have a slower paced schedule than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter