Unplanned Road Trip ; 15 is Definitely Not My Fav #, Page 26 - WHAT I FINALLY GOT

kaoden39 said:
I lost mine so I will be getting a new one for this trip. It's so nice to have one to look at the pictures if nothing else.:smooth:

Yeah , I do enjoy the bright colorful pics :)

Trentmom said:
Yeah , I do enjoy the bright colorful pics :)

I bought one of "unauthorized" versions and it is just okay. It isn't the same. The new ones come out in September. I will buy one. :)

I bought one of "unauthorized" versions and it is just okay. It isn't the same. The new ones come out in September. I will buy one. :)

I did that one year. While the info was great as they didn't sugar coat anything, I did miss the bright colorful pics of the official book

I prefer the unofficial guides for the info. The ones with the pics can't tell me anything I don't already know it seems. It's been a long time since I've purchased any kind of guide though

Leger13 said:
I prefer the unofficial guides for the info. The ones with the pics can't tell me anything I don't already know it seems. It's been a long time since I've purchased any kind of guide though

Think my last guide was from 2009

My mom decided to go out and visit her niece, so I thought this would be a good time to do a minor update.

The past two years, we have stayed at a moderate resort. We stayed at POR in a Royal Room last year and it was amazing. It was so detailed and POR is such a a gorgeous resort. We have stayed there in the past on our honeymoon, so POR will always have a special place in our hearts. :flower3:

The year before that, we decided to try out a pirate room at CBR. While the room was super cool and Trent loved it, poor DH was miserable. They do not have real mattresses there. They have just a box spring and a pillow top mattress, I believe you call it. So, your back has no support. While it did not bother me or Trent, my DH's back was in agony. So, needless to say we will not be staying in a Pirate Room anytime soon pirate:

This year we have decided to go back to the values as we have stayed at some of them before and they are just as great in their own way. We have chosen to stay at POP CENTURY, the best value in our opinion. They do not have to share a bus and they have a great food court. Trent is very excited as he loves the Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head large statues.

I am going post some pics of POP from our stay in 2007 to make this update a little more exciting.

This is the 80s Picture Box in the lobby, the best decade in my opinion

We stayed on the top floor in 70 section, right by this Big Wheel

The Petals Pool Bar

I thought I throw in a cute pic from the room of Trent eating his first Mickey Head Rice Krispies Treat

One last pic of Trent and I eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe

Yay for POP!! As you know Chris and I love it there and that's usually our home away from home except a few select trips (this one coming up next month included). Love the pictures! I agree '80s is for sure the best decade! And OMG Trent is SO LITTLE in those pics!!!!!!!!!!! Forget how far away 2007 is now. Seems like it was just yesterday.

Leger13 said:
Yay for POP!! As you know Chris and I love it there and that's usually our home away from home except a few select trips (this one coming up next month included). Love the pictures! I agree '80s is for sure the best decade! And OMG Trent is SO LITTLE in those pics!!!!!!!!!!! Forget how far away 2007 is now. Seems like it was just yesterday.

Excited to get back to Pop.

Thanks you . I need to get pics of large potato heads this year since those are Trent's favorite :)

I know . Feels like yesterday when Trent was that little . Growing up so fast

That resort is so cute! I love the theming! Trent looks so little in the picture! We are going to try the Mickey head treats this trip.

That resort is so cute! I love the theming! Trent looks so little in the picture! We are going to try the Mickey head treats this trip.

Disney really does a great job emitting the different resorts.

He was so teeny :goodvibes

Great. Sure you all will love them ::yes::

The main food I am craving is the chocolate covered strawberries. I love those things.

Most definitely! :thumbsup2

I'm still trying to figure out how to make it slow down. I can't believe Alex is the age Trent was on his first Disney trip now for this trip. I can't wait to have all the fun that you did with Trent at this age while there :thumbsup2 We'll have to compare stories and pictures when I get back.

Yeah, if you figured it out, let me know :upsidedow:upsidedow

That is right. Definitely will have to compare notes. Such a fun trip at that age pirate:

Yeah, if you figured it out, let me know :upsidedow:upsidedow

That is right. Definitely will have to compare notes. Such a fun trip at that age pirate:

Sure will!

Yeah that's what I'm expecting. Last trip was a blast so this one can't be anything but even more awesome and fun! Can it be Sept 12th yet? :hyper:

THE WHY

Now that my mom has returned to her home and I have free time again, figured it is time for an update.

I am guessing you would like to know what we are celebrating as the title states. Well, what we are celebrating involves my DH.

Back In March I believe it was, he and all of his fellow officers got word via text message that they might be losing their jobs. They officially read about it in the paper before their Warden told them:confused3

We spent months going to meetings, protesting at freeholder meetings, passing out pamphlets to neighbors and friends, had a FB page et al. We had to go from March to July 1st, not knowing what was going to happen. It was the most stressful time of our lives and the other officer's lives as well.

Originally, 80 officers were going lose their jobs. After all the fighting and hard work we all put in, only 8 ended up losing their jobs. As of next week, those 8 officers were offered another job in a different county. :goodvibes

While their jobs are not the same anymore, everyone, including my DH and myself are just happy to still have a job.:cool1:

So, this vacation is a celebration of my DH's job being saved. After all the stress we had the past few months, believe me, we need it ::yes::::yes::

So, not a totally boring update, let me post this one pic I have of Trent protesting with us and rest of the families.

I am going throw in a few more pics from our trip last year to liven up this update a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter