• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgraded Magic Bands

I have tried to get two premium bands hundreds, maybe even a thousand times over the last 6 weeks. I've tried at different hours through out the day on all sorts of different devices with absolutely no luck. I have called Disney a couple times only to be told "nothing we can do". I've pretty much given up because I'm beyond frustrated at such a terrible process to secure a couple of magic bands. It is almost laughable that it is harder to get magic bands than a fastpass to Flight of Passage or Slinky...

I quit. Started this process on Sunday night, 3 days later and I can't do this anymore. Just ordered some free solid bands. Good luck everybody!

Anyone know what the deal is if you go through the process to select/purchase an upgrade MB when your trip is still months out? I really just want to set my order and have them send me the upgraded band when they would have normally sent the plain one, but I'm worried that if I manage to get the purchase to go through they'll ship it immediately. I don't really want it sent 6 months in advance, I just want to lock in the purchase. I've tried a few times, but the first few times I checked everything was out of stock, and the most recent time I got as far as checkout before receiving an error message. I don't have a full collection of the basic colors (far from it) so if I just get the red band I already selected it's not the end of the world, but I sure would like that rainbow Mickey.

Edit: Looks like the rainbow band isn't available anymore anyway. Unless it's just temporarily out of stock? This is a bit of a pain.

Last edited:
When you place upgraded band order, it says "ships in 5-7 days." I have two that should ship by the weekend for Dec reservations. As you've seen, we have to get them when we can. Now, if we could just get the ones for 8/27.

You do know that buying bands from sellers on ebay, you run the risk of them not working correctly, right?
I bought two that are sealed in their original packaging. Yes, I know people can be sneaky and make packaging look like new when it isn't, but if they have, they did a darn good job. Both came from reputable sellers who have sold many other Magic Bands with positive feedback. And we will bring along a back-up active band, just in case. It's worth the gamble for me.

I bought two that are sealed in their original packaging. Yes, I know people can be sneaky and make packaging look like new when it isn't, but if they have, they did a darn good job. Both came from reputable sellers who have sold many other Magic Bands with positive feedback. And we will bring along a back-up active band, just in case. It's worth the gamble for me.
I do trust seller reviews on ebay. If the colors work, you can always switch out the "puck" from a plain working band.

I do trust seller reviews on ebay. If the colors work, you can always switch out the "puck" from a plain working band.
Thanks for that tip! I had forgotten that was a possibility. Both the bands I ordered for my sons seem a little plain on top where the "puck" is. I might just switch it for aesthetics anyway! You made my day! :flower3:

Great! I think all the bands on the upgraded list (maybe all the bands) have plain faces. It's something we planned to do if we had to. I will warn you that it takes a very small screwdriver: size 0 or even better, 00. Sometimes it takes persistence, but all of us on this thread have plenty of that! I picked up this set at HD. Just be sure it says 00 on the package. I have three sets of micro drivers for computer and cellphone work but did not have the 00.

Attachments

• IMG_20190725_102845.jpg
    IMG_20190725_102845.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Chiming in with a question -- if I've already ordered my solid colored magic bands last week but was interested in changing the color selection or to an upgraded magic band style, can I simply place a new order or should I call WDW? :confused: My trip isn't for another few months, so it shouldn't be too late, right?

Chiming in with a question -- if I've already ordered my solid colored magic bands last week but was interested in changing the color selection or to an upgraded magic band style, can I simply place a new order or should I call WDW? :confused: My trip isn't for another few months, so it shouldn't be too late, right?
You should just be able to modify your existing order.

You should just be able to modify your existing order.

You do know that buying bands from sellers on ebay, you run the risk of them not working correctly, right?

I've bought a couple on eBay, and yes, it is a risk that they don't work correctly. However, I'm always doing research and looking at feedback of the seller and I never buy unless feedback is extremely high. I've never had a problem once I do that.

I quit. Started this process on Sunday night, 3 days later and I can't do this anymore. Just ordered some free solid bands. Good luck everybody!

I think this is what we will be doing. Maybe upgrade when we get there.

MDE is such a fiasco. On our last trip it kept crashing when I was suppose to book my fast passes. I winded up re-arranging my trip because it. This trip we are not doing any day passes just two after dark parties. The rest of our time in Orlando will be spent at Universal. I have had enough.

I have noticed since Disney outsourced their IT department to a overseas country MDE has gone down hill ever since.

FINALLY! I ordered my and my husband's upgraded Magic Bands in early-July but didn't know which ones my daughter and son-in-law wanted (two separate reservations linked in MDE). Once I figured out what they wanted, I started trying to order theirs to no avail. They would show up as available, but I couldn't get the order to go through. Either I couldn't get one or the other in my cart, or I got them to my cart and couldn't move forward from there. I just kept trying at random times each day and FINALLY today was able to get the order to go through. This was a giant PITB.

I got ours ordered today as well... Went right through after a couple weeks of error messages.
FINALLY !!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter