Upgraded Magic Bands

Success (I think). Based on others' advice, today I went on line with Chrome Incognito browser ("incognito" mode seems to help), at 9:45 AM Eastern (seems to be generally when new inventory is uploaded). I refreshed the magic band ordering page, and the available inventory jumped from 23 to 57. I quickly found the ones I wanted and was able to sucessfully check out, the correct bands showed up there, and also on the email I received. Hopefully what I ordered will show up.

Thanks for the tip. I will check tomorrow.

Got on early this morning and it showed 57 different Magic bands. The most I have ever seen on there. At least 85 percent of them were not available when checking out. My sister finally found one that she liked and was successful at checking out to actually get it. I ordered mine a week ago and got the Lion King one and it was already delivered to my house two days ago. I am glad we found ones we liked. She got the Black Panther one.

We got to the point where we had four chosen but it would still not let us check out.

Here is what I don't understand. For a company as customer service oriented and as savvy as Disney is:

1. Why post stock on a website if you don't have it.
2. When you refresh the screen, you get new unavailable stock.
3. When you finally get to a screen where all in your party have a band, how does it default to "sorry out of stock" during checkout? The stock should be reserved, like theatre tickets on a timer.
4. If your stock is constantly changing, your store/website should be able to keep track.

I like to add if your are pre-ordering (esp months in advance) there is no reason why there is a issue. They will have months to get your order done. MDE is a total joke.

When do Magic Bands ship? How many days before your trip? I'm wondering how much time I have to play around with this selection game.

When do Magic Bands ship? How many days before your trip? I'm wondering how much time I have to play around with this selection game.
If your order includes a Premium MagicBand, they ship almost immediately. Which is part of the availability problem. Orders for trips in 2 weeks are being shipped at same time as trips in 6 months.

Here is what I don't understand. For a company as customer service oriented and as savvy as Disney is:

1. Why post stock on a website if you don't have it.
2. When you refresh the screen, you get new unavailable stock.
3. When you finally get to a screen where all in your party have a band, how does it default to "sorry out of stock" during checkout? The stock should be reserved, like theatre tickets on a timer.
4. If your stock is constantly changing, your store/website should be able to keep track.
Their website development team is just simply not very good. My guess is they are working on a replacement system though.

It should follow the FP+ model, which is phenomenal. If I search for it and it is available, I claim one count for that design (all). As soon as I make selections and continue, all the other designs are released back into the pool.

If your order includes a Premium MagicBand, they ship almost immediately. Which is part of the availability problem. Orders for trips in 2 weeks are being shipped at same time as trips in 6 months.
So my trip is Sep 7th and I am wondering if I play around with choices for the next couple of days will there be time to ship them? Usually the website says you have xx number of days to customize your bands. (have to find 2 that we like that are in stock at the same time)

So my trip is Sep 7th and I am wondering if I play around with choices for the next couple of days will there be time to ship them? Usually the website says you have xx number of days to customize your bands. (have to find 2 that we like that are in stock at the same time)
Edit, never mind. I just found where it says I have up to 11 days before.

I gave up on trying to order the premium bands and went and got skins off of Etsy. I tried for what feels like months, before just saying forget it. I will say the skins have so many choices and my DS who is 12 was able to have one customized for him.

I gave up on trying to order the premium bands and went and got skins off of Etsy. I tried for what feels like months, before just saying forget it. I will say the skins have so many choices and my DS who is 12 was able to have one customized for him.
I ordered skins from MagicYourBand and I love them. Some of them look better than the premium bands. :)

It's so hit or miss, mostly miss. I've been able to grab 3 sets over the last 2 months, none of them originally what i wanted. Funny enough there always seems to be completely different designs popping up, which make the decisions even harder, but I've just grabbed what I can. It's almost like a lottery on that page! :P

Honestly , this has been the most difficult , frustrating part of any stalking...I have done for WDW for this December trip

Needed specific locations within DVC, at least the system itself worked correctly - got my dates and locations (split stay)
Needed Oga's Cantina - a week or so of stalking, got our time.

Regarding the bands, its gotten to the point I just want to know , one way or the other, if the bands that I selected "successfully", which then show up in our Circle icons at the top, have actually been selected , or not.... They keep disappearing, despite appearing to be fine.

The "unavailable" result - which seems common, is actually a better error in that it seems to be saying can't get what you just selected.

I was able to get my wife's and son's Circle icons filled 2-3 times last night and today with specific bands. Only to have them disappear next time I came in to check. Whereas mine still shows as selected.

Again- I don't care about stalking/waiting for specific bands, but if they seem to half-reserve it, please honor it - or just say 'NA'.

We'll see if I get shipped 10 "successful" bands for each of them I suppose..... sigh

*edit* I have NEVER seen a Checkout screen -(since we have never been able to load 3 choices at once) - so that may be the issue.... - who knows

Last edited:
Yeah, this is ridiculous. I have two bands I like, and my husband has two bands he likes, and it has been impossible to check out with any of them.

So it’s not just me. I’ve been trying to order 3 bands for a week. I can’t even make it to the error page. The “out of stock” is what is getting me. Perhaps I will just do the skins instead. So frustrating.

How long has this been going on? We go in December so maybe I should just wait and maybe it will get fixed by then.

I just placed an order no problems. One band said out of stock when I went to complete it but I had a back up in mind and it went through just fine. I used Safari it that helps anyone with a Mac.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter