• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgraded Magic Bands

I wonder if I can call Disney and order over the phone and just pay the full price to surprise my DH when we go to check in? Honestly with all the time I have wasted trying to get the one he wanted I could had just paid full price.

I wonder if I can call Disney and order over the phone and just pay the full price to surprise my DH when we go to check in? Honestly with all the time I have wasted trying to get the one he wanted I could had just paid full price.
Order it from Shop Disney. You can put in the resort address and have it shipped there. The cast memebers on the phine cannot help you with the magic band orders.

I have been trying to get a minnie mouse magic band for my daughters first trip to Disney in October (she's 5). I saw two that I liked but every time I tried to add them I got an error message, I spoke with Disney and they said the demand was higher than expected and inventory should be replenished soon. However, I have not seen either of them since then, they are all about the bow, and the details are in the dots. I know I can just buy them from the Disney store but I want to get it personalized with her name since it is her first trip. Has anyone heard when certain bands will become available or if they even will be offered again? Appreciate the help.

I spoke with Disney and they said the demand was higher than expected and inventory should be replenished soon

Yea, that seems to be the standard answer for months now. Personally I don’t have any faith that a random CRO phone CM has any idea what is really going on with the upgraded magic band issue. I have a stay in December & the way things are going, I doubt we’ll even be able to get upgraded bands for then.

Here is what I don't understand. For a company as customer service oriented and as savvy as Disney is:

1. Why post stock on a website if you don't have it.
2. When you refresh the screen, you get new unavailable stock.
3. When you finally get to a screen where all in your party have a band, how does it default to "sorry out of stock" during checkout? The stock should be reserved, like theatre tickets on a timer.
4. If your stock is constantly changing, your store/website should be able to keep track.

I tried doing it as soon as I found out it was available. It was a while ago. My trip is in September and it just occurred to me to check. It has not arrived yet so I looked to see if I could see it in MDE and it gives me the option to customize. So, I'm thinking my original order/selection never went through. So bummed that the website is so wonky.

I tried doing it as soon as I found out it was available. It was a while ago. My trip is in September and it just occurred to me to check. It has not arrived yet so I looked to see if I could see it in MDE and it gives me the option to customize. So, I'm thinking my original order/selection never went through. So bummed that the website is so wonky.
If you weren't charged the fee for the premium bands, then the order didn't go through. If you were charged then you should call have have them refund your money.

Having the same issue. DW wants the Elsa band and every time I log in and see it it always says it is out of stock. VERY aggravating. If it is gone take it down instead of teasing us all!!!! I’ve been trying for this for two weeks now with no luck.

If you weren't charged the fee for the premium bands, then the order didn't go through. If you were charged then you should call have have them refund your money.
I was not charged, so that is good. I tried last night. The one I wanted was pictured, but when I selected it I got an out of stock msg. I tried again this morning and it isn't pictured. So I decided I'll just keep the one I already have. But now my question is how do I "decline" a magic band? You used to be able to do that. I guess when I check in I'll just have to make sure my current one is still linked. *sigh* (first world problems lol)

If you select the complimentary magic bands then you will have them waiting for you and you won't have to worry about potential battery issues.

I was not charged, so that is good. I tried last night. The one I wanted was pictured, but when I selected it I got an out of stock msg. I tried again this morning and it isn't pictured. So I decided I'll just keep the one I already have. But now my question is how do I "decline" a magic band? You used to be able to do that. I guess when I check in I'll just have to make sure my current one is still linked. *sigh* (first world problems lol)
All of the Magic Bands that you see in your MDE account are linked to your reservation and tickets. They won’t be unlinked. :)

The option to decline a MB shows up when you do online check in.

Success (I think). Based on others' advice, today I went on line with Chrome Incognito browser ("incognito" mode seems to help), at 9:45 AM Eastern (seems to be generally when new inventory is uploaded). I refreshed the magic band ordering page, and the available inventory jumped from 23 to 57. I quickly found the ones I wanted and was able to sucessfully check out, the correct bands showed up there, and also on the email I received. Hopefully what I ordered will show up.

Been trying to do it for my parents. Still same ol errors, even though more showed up. Allows me to select, checkout, says out of stock

I have not been successful :(. Stayed very recently at BLT (rented points to see how I liked DVC, I’m in the process of getting DVC). Very sad, but also saved a couple clams that I was able to use for more food and drinks :D

Success (I think). Based on others' advice, today I went on line with Chrome Incognito browser ("incognito" mode seems to help), at 9:45 AM Eastern (seems to be generally when new inventory is uploaded). I refreshed the magic band ordering page, and the available inventory jumped from 23 to 57. I quickly found the ones I wanted and was able to sucessfully check out, the correct bands showed up there, and also on the email I received. Hopefully what I ordered will show up.

This is so good to know!! Thanks

Ugh! Got so close but everytime I went to check out something was magically out of stock. Don't think this is going to happen for us.

I got on at 10:30 EST (way later than I usually check) and there were tons of options on the app. However. It would sometimes tell me bands were out of stock and wouldn’t check out on others. Finally got on computer in Chrome Incognito and was able to get Groot band for hubby and I got Minnie Rocks band (not even in my top 5). Still frustrating that they have so many options in site but then say they are all sold out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter