Vaccinated email went out, seems Disney sent out by accident.

Looks like this is the latest one that's going out. Hilarious since I'm on the September 19 sailing.

1661785932564.png

COVID-19 Testing for Guests Fully Vaccinated: For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder through September 22, 2022, fully vaccinated Guests must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken one to 2 days before their sail date to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. Completing pre-trip testing prior to embarkation day enhances the efficiency of boarding and confirms that you are negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling to the terminal. Pre-trip test results must be uploaded into the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day.

For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder beginning September 23, 2022 (and Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), fully vaccinated Guests will no longer be required to complete a second COVID-19 test at the terminal on embarkation day.

This is the best part to me. In the "After Sept 23" part, they say fully vaccinated no longer require a second test at terminal. But literally in the paragraph above that for the "Pre Sept 23" part, they say a test taken one to 2 days before sail will allow you "to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal."

Great knowledge of your rules there Disney!

According to a TA friend, they just received this notice through Disney Destinations:

Beginning Sept. 23, 2022, for sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder and beginning Nov. 7, 2022, for sailings aboard the Disney Magic, fully vaccinated Guests are no longer required to participate in COVID-19 testing in order to sail. Guests who are NOT fully vaccinated must continue providing proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken one to 3 days before the sail date. However, Guests who are not fully vaccinated will no longer be required to complete a second test at the terminal on embarkation day.

I hope this is the correct info.
That's what the email I received 11 minutes ago said..... :banana: :banana:

COVID-19 Testing for Guests Fully Vaccinated: For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder through September 22, 2022, fully vaccinated Guests must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken one to 2 days before their sail date to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal. Completing pre-trip testing prior to embarkation day enhances the efficiency of boarding and confirms that you are negative for COVID-19 prior to traveling to the terminal. Pre-trip test results must be uploaded into the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day.

For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder beginning September 23, 2022 (and Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), fully vaccinated Guests will no longer be required to complete a second COVID-19 test at the terminal on embarkation day.

This is the best part to me. In the "After Sept 23" part, they say fully vaccinated no longer require a second test at terminal. But literally in the paragraph above that for the "Pre Sept 23" part, they say a test taken one to 2 days before sail will allow you "to be exempt from embarkation testing at the terminal."

Great knowledge of your rules there Disney!
This is from one of the initial "wrong" emails that went out. This would all be hilarious if it weren't so infuriating

We have to do this for Bermuda. A test 2 days prior to boarding and then another 2 days prior to ARRIVAL in Bermuda, which means we have to get tested at the port or first day onboard. Have not gotten confirmation from DCL as to where/when the 2nd test will happen. And Bermuda looks to be the reason the Magic's date is different.
My thoughts have been it would be dropped after Bermuda cruises. Looks like my think maybe right 🤔

"Guests booked on the Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy or Disney Wish September 23, 2022, through December 31, 2022 may modify or cancel their sailing by September 12, 2022 without any Disney-imposed cancellation fees. Please contact your travel agent for details on how to cancel or modify your booking. Please note that change fees and cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, such as airlines and hotels, as well as travel insurance, are not refundable. Refunds will be processed back to the original form of payment. Standard cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply for any cancellation or modification requests received on or after September 13, 2022."

Is this new? Do they handle IGT/OGT/VGT the same way when there's a policy update or do those remain nonrefundable? We're not going to cancel our December 2022 Dream VGT but I'm curious the answer if I'm asked.

Looks like vaccinated guests will no longer be required to test prior to cruising starting September 23rd for all cruises except the Magic. Magic will start November 7th.

Also guests not fully vaccinated will only need to take one test 3 days before sail date.

EDIT: Looks like an email coming out from Disney now saying the first emails were incorrect information. Still looks like the same rules.

SECOND EDIT: Another follow up email was sent confirming the original information. Looks like it IS true.
According to a TA friend, they just received this notice through Disney Destinations:

Beginning Sept. 23, 2022, for sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder and beginning Nov. 7, 2022, for sailings aboard the Disney Magic, fully vaccinated Guests are no longer required to participate in COVID-19 testing in order to sail. Guests who are NOT fully vaccinated must continue providing proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken one to 3 days before the sail date. However, Guests who are not fully vaccinated will no longer be required to complete a second test at the terminal on embarkation day.

I hope this is the correct info.
My daughter and I both just received that same email.

Yeah because you know that extra few days, or month makes a difference lol I swear these things make no sense. Starting 1 month from now, no testing.. Just start it now
Imagine getting denied boarding on the Sept. 19 sailing with no symptoms, knowing there would be no testing on the next one.

I mean I guess I wouldn't want to board if I was positive, but still

Yeah because you know that extra few days, or month makes a difference lol I swear these things make no sense. Starting 1 month from now, no testing.. Just start it now

They probably have a contract with Inspire Diagnostics that they have to honor and have to give a notice of a certain period of time before they end the process. That's why it will take effect in several weeks. While it's good news for us with upcoming cruises, the loss of business for Inspire Diagnostics and SafePassage is not good news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter