Vaccinated email went out, seems Disney sent out by accident.

Yeah because you know that extra few days, or month makes a difference lol I swear these things make no sense. Starting 1 month from now, no testing.. Just start it now
It's also a consideration for people that booked with understanding that people would be tested before boarding and at least that reduces transmission risks. Those that wanted a more restrictive policy don't have to change immediate plans (sailings in next few weeks) and those with sailings starting 9/23 can make their own decisions on whether to keep or drop the reservation.

Ok, silly question: it I have to ask to be completely clear. I have a 2 year old sailing on 12/18 Magic. Am I correct in my thinking that she will NOT be required to test at all if she is fully vaccinated?
My bias is way too early to know the rules for December. Better to check back in around Halloween and see what DCL is doing at that time.

It's also a consideration for people that booked with understanding that people would be tested before boarding and at least that reduces transmission risks. Those that wanted a more restrictive policy don't have to change immediate plans (sailings in next few weeks) and those with sailings starting 9/23 can make their own decisions on whether to keep or drop the reservation.

Right. I know it's not a popular opinion (and not debating it! totally open to other opinions!) but some of us would prefer the ship be all-vaxxed and everyone gets rapid PCRs 15 minutes before boarding. LOL.

Then again, we've sailed once with the testing required at the port, and once with it two days beforehand, and both times came in all negative, stayed masked almost the whole time, and left the vacation with at least one person with COVID. So it's circulating on the ships readily even with the most restrictive regime they had... so even I'm mostly at the point of "screw it". :)

But glad they're giving people the option to change their plans if they don't like the new policy!

Yes, Concierge. We booked when everything was different and thought it would be the safer vacation (testing day of, masks, private boarding, 50% capacity) but little by little all of that has gone away and since then my mother has suffered heart issues (ironically because of covid) so now we honestly can't even go. I never thought this much would change in just 6 months, but here we are. So I risk losing out 2500 or can PIF and cancel 14 days prior, but who knows if they will magic that away between now and January. Or I can hope they extend the cancellation window a couple of months for the Magic. Kind of having a stressful time when we should have been gearing up for a good time.
I'm so sorry :(. I would definitely just try giving them a call (probably not today lol) and see what they say. Side Note: If you have the Vacation Protection Plan or any other type of travel insurance, the health condition that your mother developed may very well be a covered reason for cancellation, so you may be able to cancel and recoup your losses that way.

It's a Disney requirement, not Bermuda. Unvaccinated for our Magic Oct. 5th cruise have to be tested 2 days prior to embarkation AND at the port. So basically nothing has changed for US from 2 days ago.

For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder beginning September 23, 2022 (and Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), Guests not fully vaccinated will no longer be required to complete a second COVID-19 test at the terminal on embarkation day.
Right, those are Disney's requirements. I was just pointing out that Bermuda isn't requiring anyone to test two days before arrival or on the ship for the cruises that depart from NYC. Guests on the transatlantic cruise will have to test on the ship, though.

Yes, Concierge. We booked when everything was different and thought it would be the safer vacation (testing day of, masks, private boarding, 50% capacity) but little by little all of that has gone away and since then my mother has suffered heart issues (ironically because of covid) so now we honestly can't even go. I never thought this much would change in just 6 months, but here we are. So I risk losing out 2500 or can PIF and cancel 14 days prior, but who knows if they will magic that away between now and January. Or I can hope they extend the cancellation window a couple of months for the Magic. Kind of having a stressful time when we should have been gearing up for a good time
I am booked concierge for Feb 23 and no longer feel comfortable cruising with basically all precautions removed. I’m planning to push out my cruise to late 2023 so I don’t lose our deposit. If I still don’t feel comfortable I’ll move it out again. Is that an option for you?

This is still confusing to me from the Know Before You Go page:

For sailings aboard the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy, Disney Wish and Disney Wonder, beginning September 23, 2022 (and aboard the Disney Magic beginning November 7, 2022), fully vaccinated Guests will no longer be required to submit COVID-19 test results in order to sail.

Antigen tests must be completed using a proctored in-person or telehealth service and come with digital results that can be uploaded to the Safe Passage website. A nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) or PCR test also is acceptable. Guests can purchase COVID-19 tests through the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website, or obtain a test from any independent online testing supplier or pharmacy.

Fully vaccinated Guests who upload their pre-trip test results to the Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day will be exempt from embarkation testing. Fully vaccinated Guests who do not upload test results by midnight prior to embarkation day must be tested at the terminal on embarkation day before boarding the ship and will be charged for the cost of the test.

Why did they leave the testing section in if it’s no longer required? You could interpret it to mean if you don’t submit test results, you’ll get tested at port. I’d have to bet that they just didn’t clean up the page fully, but it is confusing.

This is still confusing to me from the Know Before You Go page:

Why did they leave the testing section in if it’s no longer required? You could interpret it to mean if you don’t submit test results, you’ll get tested at port. I’d have to bet that they just didn’t clean up the page fully, but it is confusing.
The testing was left in for the unvaccinated (children under 12), as they still need to be tested before sailing. It now looks official since they did change it on the website finally.

The testing was left in for the unvaccinated (children under 12), as they still need to be tested before sailing. It now looks official since they did change it on the website finally.

There was another section for unvaccinated. I was going to buy our proctored tests this week. It looks like we’ll avoid that expense now.

I’m happy if it’s true, however I always seem to get bit in the butt for being organized and prepared lol. I bought 7 prepaid On-Point COVID tests for our Nov cruise and of course they are non refundable!! But small price to pay to not have to hold down our 3 year old granddaughter who’s petrified of testing
This has happened to me twice. I bought eMed tests earlier this summer for a trip to Europe (to test coming back in the US), and the day after I purchased them they announced you no longer needed a negative test to come into the US. So then I thought "well, no biggie, my family and I can just use them for our DCL cruise this fall." I'm on the Sep 24 sailing so we no longer need to test pre cruise (if this email/announcement is to be believed). 🤣

Last edited:
Those who are thrilled with the announcement:

View attachment 698007

Those who are not happy with the announcement:

View attachment 698006

Both sides are understandable…

Yes. 100%! I am personally thrilled with this news. We leave Wednesday evening for a Friday cruise (ETA: cruise is in October, not this week!) and I didn't want to have to deal with testing on Thursday. This meant I was going to have to pick up my kids from school during the day on Wednesday for testing during an easier class that they could miss (and of course, these easy classes are at different times for both of them). My day was going to consist of dropping my kids off at 6:45am, picking one up at 9:30am, testing her, taking her back to school, picking the other up at 11:30am, testing him, taking him back to school, then picking them both up at 2:30pm to head to the airport (not to mention dropping the dogs at the boarders at some point in there). I am SO relieved that I don't have to do this now. On the other hand, I completely understand that some people may decide to cancel their cruises because of this, and my heart breaks for them. I'm so sorry for those of you who are in that boat :(.

Last edited:
So far I am lucking out with 1. No tests required to return to the US and 2. Disney finally doing away with the proctored test. I will probably do my own test before sailing just to make sure I am OK. Lots of countries have dropped their mandates as well . . . traveling required a lot of hoops to jump through ON TOP of crowded airports, packed planes, and lost luggage. Hope things continue to get better . . . . now I need my Disney stock to soar!

This has happened to me twice. I bought eMed tests earlier this summer for a trip to Europe (to test coming back in the US), and the day after I purchased them they announced you no longer needed a negative test to come into the US. So then I thought "well, no biggie," my family and I can just use them for our DCL cruise this fall." I'm on the Sep 24 sailing so we no longer need to test pre cruise (if this email/announcement is to be believed). 🤣
Same, except I’m on the Sep 23 sailing. I waited until what felt like the last minute to buy the tests for our Europe trip and was 1 day too early. Oh well. Still happy about the change.

This has happened to me twice. I bought eMed tests earlier this summer for a trip to Europe (to test coming back in the US), and the day after I purchased them they announced you no longer needed a negative test to come into the US. So then I thought "well, no biggie, my family and I can just use them for our DCL cruise this fall." I'm on the Sep 24 sailing so we no longer need to test pre cruise (if this email/announcement is to be believed). 🤣

I bought eMed tests for all of us before a vacation, because we only had 2 weeks between the two vacations. Hubby and I caught covid from the first vacation. We did use one of them for our son but still have the others. Oh well.

The first email I received from DCL was timed at 10:12 this morning and in it, as far as I can tell, Covid testing still required to sail. Then I received a second email from DCL at 11:49 saying Covid testing is not required on Dream, Fantasy, Wonder and Wish. Both emails said to disregard. I'm confused.

Yes. 100%! I am personally thrilled with this news. We leave Wednesday evening for a Friday cruise and I didn't want to have to deal with testing on Thursday. This meant I was going to have to pick up my kids from school during the day on Wednesday for testing during an easier class that they could miss (and of course, these easy classes are at different times for both of them). My day was going to consist of dropping my kids off at 6:45am, picking one up at 9:30am, testing her, taking her back to school, picking the other up at 11:30am, testing him, taking him back to school, then picking them both up at 2:30pm to head to the airport (not to mention dropping the dogs at the boarders at some point in there). I am SO relieved that I don't have to do this now. On the other hand, I completely understand that some people may decide to cancel their cruises because of this, and my heart breaks for them. I'm so sorry for those of you who are in that boat :(.
This week? You'll still have to do testing because the new policy is not effective until 9/23 at the earliest.

Yes. 100%! I am personally thrilled with this news. We leave Wednesday evening for a Friday cruise and I didn't want to have to deal with testing on Thursday. This meant I was going to have to pick up my kids from school during the day on Wednesday for testing during an easier class that they could miss (and of course, these easy classes are at different times for both of them). My day was going to consist of dropping my kids off at 6:45am, picking one up at 9:30am, testing her, taking her back to school, picking the other up at 11:30am, testing him, taking him back to school, then picking them both up at 2:30pm to head to the airport (not to mention dropping the dogs at the boarders at some point in there). I am SO relieved that I don't have to do this now. On the other hand, I completely understand that some people may decide to cancel their cruises because of this, and my heart breaks for them. I'm so sorry for those of you who are in that boat :(.
It doesn't start until September 23rd! (You didn't mention a date, but just in case)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter