Venture outside your comfort zone: the rewards are worth it! KSellers88’s Journal (Comments Welcome)

Great recap and pics!!! You definitely earned the new outfits and ice cream! Congrats!

I've always wanted to do this race, but the timing never seems to work out...someday.

Thank you so much! I highly recommend this race, and really all of the RNR races. They are very well organized and prepared. I really want to do Vegas!

That medal picture is SO awesome!!!

Thank you! That wall is what the medal was based off of, and I'm extra and had to get a picture in front of it. LOL.

I highly recommend this race, and really all of the RNR races. They are very well organized and prepared. I really want to do Vegas!

I've done RNR Chicago and that was a lot of fun and a relatively short drive, and Nashville would be a longer drive, but certainly doable too. I also want to do Vegas and NOLA, those medals are always so cool!!

I've done RNR Chicago and that was a lot of fun and a relatively short drive, and Nashville would be a longer drive, but certainly doable too. I also want to do Vegas and NOLA, those medals are always so cool!!

Doing NOLA next year! I've done Savannah and it was great as well. Vegas is definitely on my bucket list! I'll have to add Chicago now too!

Goal update!

Just realized I completed one of my 2018 goals/overall goals and partially completed one of my overall goals!

2018 Goals:

• Run one half marathon per month in 2018
  • PR the half marathon (1:56:04 current PR) - DONE! RNR Nashville Half: April 2018
  • PR the full marathon (4:27:47 current PR)
  • Run 1,800 miles (ran 1,500+ in 2017)
You can view my overall goals here. I added another state and got my sub 1:50 half! A new training plan started yesterday, so I'll do my running update tomorrow on rest day. :blush:

GIRL!!!! Amazing race and congratulations on SMASHING your PR. It's so impressive and you are just beaming in your post race pictures. Great accomplishment!!

Here I go again on my own...well maybe not!
This week began a new training plan, and I've already messed it up. :rotfl2: I'm so used to my rest days being on Wednesday, but apparently I was supposed to run Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week. I'll start fresh tomorrow! LOL.

I don't have a lot of running updates, I've ran a total of 15 miles since my half on April 28th, and my May half marathon is scheduled for this Saturday. Everything seems super unorganized and my sinuses are going crazy, so it'll be an interesting run!

In other news, I ran with a group (where we all stuck together and actually talked) for the first time EVER on Tuesday. We are all on a Run Across Georgia relay team and have started doing weekly runs to get to know each other better. Run Across Georgia starts in Savannah and finishes in Columbus over Memorial Day weekend for a total of 260 miles. It benefits our local House of Heroes (repairs homes for veterans) and MercyMed (local urgent care center at more affordable prices for uninsured patients).

We are also in the midst of major fundraising mode, getting SO close to our team goal! We have a fundraiser at Orange Theory fitness on Tuesday and I am excited to try it for the first time ever! Here's some pictures of our team and
here is our team fundraising link if anyone wants to keep track of our progress!

HOH fundraiser.jpg
RAG run.jpg

BARKLEY UPDATE: The moment y'all have all been waiting for! LOL. My "little" guy is now 16 weeks old, weighing in at 29 pounds. We walk about one mile per night and he loves the water so far. He's the perfect little addition to all our adventures!

barkley 11.jpg barkley paddleboard.jpg

So random updates: I found a new app on my Garmin that lets me set a specific type of food that I can earn on each run, and I am obsessed. I also bought a new shelf to display all my running stuff and got it all set up last night. I absolutely love it! The medals in picture frames are from my half and marathon PR races!

donut watch.jpg medal holder.jpg

That's all I have for now, if you've read this far I appreciate the dedication to my rambling. LOL. I promise to have a more running focused update next week!

Upcoming schedule:
F- 3 miles @ EA (10:12)
Sa- Auburn Half @ EB (9:31)
Su- 3 miles @ EA
M- 5 miles @ EA
Tu- 2 mile WU + 12x200m @ R (6:50, SAY WHAT?!) w/200m RI + 1 mile CD
W- REST DAY! (for real this time)

BARKLEY!!! He's adorable.

The run across Georgia sounds really cool and we love our running group, so I hope you continue to enjoy that.

Awesome medal rack. I really have to do that one of these days since all my medals reside in my top dresser drawer.

Omg! Look at your little water boy! So cute you have a partner to paddle with!

I’m definitely going to have to get that app! running miles that equates to junk food! Love that!

Medal rack looks great!

Congrats on teaming up to fundraise and run across Georgia!

Have a great race this weekend!

I still love your puppy. I know I don’t post much on your thread but I hope to see you at some Atlanta events even if I am just cheering. I did want to add I had to put my pup down Saturday, not my avatar but my approximately 14 year old Great Pyrenees. Am trying so hard to survive but devastated, glad I am not doing real training a few weeks so I can just get by.

I noticed that you're the big fundraiser on your team ...
Sounds like a fun race/run and a great cause!

Barkley is getting so big!

When I get my new Garmin, I have to get that food thing. Although for me it could very quickly become dangerous ... because I will eat twice as many Reeses as I should. They're just so good!

Medal rack looks great! I love that you have all the bibs there too. My bibs are just in a pile on my desk.

Good luck on Saturday! I hope the race goes well!

BARKLEY!!! He's adorable.

The run across Georgia sounds really cool and we love our running group, so I hope you continue to enjoy that.

Awesome medal rack. I really have to do that one of these days since all my medals reside in my top dresser drawer.

Thank you! He is growing out of that puppy stage and has become SO sweet!

This is my second year for Run Across Georgia, it is an adventure but I really love it! I also really liked running with the group.

LOL! I run for the bling, so I have to have it displayed!

Omg! Look at your little water boy! So cute you have a partner to paddle with!

I’m definitely going to have to get that app! running miles that equates to junk food! Love that!

Medal rack looks great!

Congrats on teaming up to fundraise and run across Georgia!

Have a great race this weekend!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am obsessed with that app, you can customize it to any food, it is called Item Count in Garmin Connect!

I can't wait to see a picture of you and Barkley on that paddle board in a year!! He is growing like a weed!

I know! I am trying to get him used to it so once he gets bigger he doesn't flip us off constantly. LOL.

I still love your puppy. I know I don’t post much on your thread but I hope to see you at some Atlanta events even if I am just cheering. I did want to add I had to put my pup down Saturday, not my avatar but my approximately 14 year old Great Pyrenees. Am trying so hard to survive but devastated, glad I am not doing real training a few weeks so I can just get by.

Thank you so much. I would love to meet up, I am in Atlanta pretty frequently for races (doing HOTlanta half and the Area 13.1 this year for sure). Oh no, I absolutely hate to hear that. We had a Great Pyrenees and he was the absolute sweetest dog. I know how hard it is to lose a pet, they are like our family so I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

I noticed that you're the big fundraiser on your team ...
Sounds like a fun race/run and a great cause!

Barkley is getting so big!

When I get my new Garmin, I have to get that food thing. Although for me it could very quickly become dangerous ... because I will eat twice as many Reeses as I should. They're just so good!

Medal rack looks great! I love that you have all the bibs there too. My bibs are just in a pile on my desk.

Good luck on Saturday! I hope the race goes well!

Sarah, thank you SO SO MUCH! You did not have to make a donation, but I appreciate it so much! It really does support two amazing causes. MercyMed sponsors a lot of our local races and they have really made a big impact on our community, especially with the homeless population we have. I've volunteered for House of Heroes and the veterans and families are always so thankful, even if we just painted their house and replaced a few faucets. Thank you again!

I have decided that Barkley is actually a horse, because he is growing WAY too fast and his feet are HUGE. He sounds like the Kentucky Derby running through our house.
LOL, Reese's are my weakness. I say that they are protein because of the PB, but I am not so sure it works that way. :rotfl2:

Thank you! I figured I might as well display them all too. Thanks for the encouragement for Saturday and best of luck on your 4 miler this weekend! I cannot wait to see you crush it!

It's neat that your team is running together before the relay- that sounds so fun!

And Barkley...on the paddle board... it's just too much. I love that (not so) little guy!

Have a great weekend and enjoy your race!

Sarah, thank you SO SO MUCH! You did not have to make a donation, but I appreciate it so much! It really does support two amazing causes. MercyMed sponsors a lot of our local races and they have really made a big impact on our community, especially with the homeless population we have. I've volunteered for House of Heroes and the veterans and families are always so thankful, even if we just painted their house and replaced a few faucets. Thank you again!

I'm always happy to help a good cause, so I'm glad you posted the link!

I have decided that Barkley is actually a horse, because he is growing WAY too fast and his feet are HUGE. He sounds like the Kentucky Derby running through our house.

Theres a dog that lives down the block from me that I call a "pony dog" because it is probably bigger than a small pony. Sounds like Barkley may be headed in that direction...

Thank you! I figured I might as well display them all too. Thanks for the encouragement for Saturday and best of luck on your 4 miler this weekend! I cannot wait to see you crush it

Thank you!

It's neat that your team is running together before the relay- that sounds so fun!

And Barkley...on the paddle board... it's just too much. I love that (not so) little guy!

Have a great weekend and enjoy your race!

I am glad they are doing it too, gives us a chance to get to know each other before being squished in an RV together for 48ish hours! LOL.

Thank you! I love him too and he will love you if he ever meets you in person! LOL

Have a great weekend as well and thanks for the good vibes!

I'm always happy to help a good cause, so I'm glad you posted the link!

Theres a dog that lives down the block from me that I call a "pony dog" because it is probably bigger than a small pony. Sounds like Barkley may be headed in that direction...

Thank you!

LOL! He is just still so clumsy and doesn't realize how big he is! Like a small horse or giraffe learning to use their legs. Thanks so much again!

Auburn Running Festival Race Recap:

This is a very nostalgic race for me as it was the first half I ever ran back in 2016. This would be my third year in a row running it. Normally the race ends on the 50 yard line of Jordan-Hare Stadium, but due to construction it ended right outside the stadium near our Heisman trophy winners statues.

We live about 25 minutes from Auburn, so my husband and I went Friday evening to pick up my packet with a special visitor, Barkley! This was his first time visiting campus, so of course I had to get some pictures. I didn't actually go to Auburn because I had a scholarship to another school, but my entire family are Auburn fans and we live so close that it feels like home to me.
auburn half 4.jpg

Saturday morning I got up, ate breakfast and headed to Auburn. My husband no longer comes to every race with me since I have an addiction, so he got to sleep in. I met my friend there who was running the 10k and not long after arriving the half got started. This race was very unorganized this year. They only had TWO porta potties for the entire half, 10k, 5k and one mile at the start. The race was sponsored by a porta potty company, so I was completely baffled.

Anyway, the course was the same as the previous two years with only the finish line moving. It is downhill for the first 5ish miles, then we get to turn around and climb the hills to the finish. I went out way too fast (sorry, Coach!) and slowed myself down once it started to get HOT. Mile splits were 8:56, 9:24, 9:22, 9:04, 8:59, 9:16, 9:27, 9:08, 9:47, 9:16, 9:26, 9:37 and 9:10. I was so hot by the end and just completely over it.

Once I got to the finish area, which is normally in the stadium, I couldn't figure out where to go to actually cross the finish line. Some nice spectators pointed me in the right direction and I made it though. Finish time was 2:01:53. Somehow I managed to snag 1st in my age group! My friend got 2nd in her age group in her first 10k since having her baby too! A good day all around.

auburn half 2.jpg auburn half 3.jpg auburn half 1.jpg

The medals are super cute though, so I can't complain too much. Plus the race only cost $35...can't really expect too much from a run at that price.

I've now completed 5 of my 12 half marathons for the year! This year is flying by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter