VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Sounds wonderful! HHI is such a lovely place. Just look for a guy with New Orleans on his name tag. pirate:
I'm envious! And I'm very happy you've found the Lodge vibe to your liking. For us, there is no more magical place to be while at WDW. Enjoy your stay!
Andy, Glad you are finding we didn't exaggerate it. It really is a special place!
Glad you are enjoying so far. Keep all of us up to date. We are living it through you right now. LOL
Thanks guys! We’re at DHS now and we’re going to go to Disney Springs after we’re done, but I’m looking forward to an evening at the resort tonight. We don’t have park reservations for tomorrow, so we’re just going to relax at the lodge and explore (after breakfast at Poly). Most likely doing a dinner at Geyser Point!

Thanks guys! We’re at DHS now and we’re going to go to Disney Springs after we’re done, but I’m looking forward to an evening at the resort tonight. We don’t have park reservations for tomorrow, so we’re just going to relax at the lodge and explore (after breakfast at Poly). Most likely doing a dinner at Geyser Point!
How are the parks? Are you managing ok with the masks?

How are the parks? Are you managing ok with the masks?
We’ve done Epcot and DHS so far and they’ve been great! I visited both of those parks last month and Epcot definitely was busier than the first time I went, but never felt packed. I don’t really mind masks in the parks all too much. We’re doing MK tomorrow then Animal Kingdom Thursday.

We’ve done Epcot and DHS so far and they’ve been great! I visited both of those parks last month and Epcot definitely was busier than the first time I went, but never felt packed. I don’t really mind masks in the parks all too much. We’re doing MK tomorrow then Animal Kingdom Thursday.
Sounds good! Y'all keep on having fun. We are living vicariously through you right now :goodvibes

I am happy to read about visiting the parks. We are not ready to go yet.

I'm actually ready to go but I'm not ready for the cross county travel to do it. :cutie: It's the only reason I tend to think it'll be 2021 before there's a visit and I'm not certain when that might actually be.

I'm actually ready to go but I'm not ready for the cross county travel to do it. :cutie: It's the only reason I tend to think it'll be 2021 before there's a visit and I'm not certain when that might actually be.
I'm not crazy about the cross country travel part either. On our trip out we got a flight that makes one stop but we don't have to change planes and on the way back it is non stop. Hoping that will be less exposure to too many people.

I just put in for directions to the Lodge - 41 hours drive time and I'd be there! :yay::car:
Meh. Could be worse. Wasn't there a couple who drove down to WL from Alaska in an RV recently? ("Recently" as in within the past couple of years.)

And then there's me... I need to get up and walk about every hour or my feet cramp up. Flying 2.5 to 3 hours is pushing my limits for staying still.

One of our neighbors had a mini motorhome parked across the street from us for 24 hours. We thought at first they had company in from out of town, then as they loaded up with people and backpacks it became apparent they were taking a road trip to avoid the airports. My bet is they were Disney bound.

Last edited:
We are going ahead with our wedding, not how planned, where we planned or even the date we planned but doing it. Very small 30 people. We are thinking of doing Disney for our honeymoon now. We are 30 days out and with everybody saying how clean it is, and I have no desire to go anywhere else. We might do a short 3 night 4 day trip.

y’all...the music on the buses back to WL is so soothing!
Morning, Groupies!
I don't know if they're still in place, andy, but one of my favorite things to do (and others on here) is to sit in the rockers outside of the VWL building with a favored beverage and just watch, listen, relax. Even during the busiest of times, it's a calming respite, so I can imagine it would be an even more rewarding experience with the reduced capacity at the resort. Keep the reports coming!

@Lakegirl If you can swing a trip to Disney for your honeymoon, I say go for it! What a wonderful way to celebrate, and you'll have those marvelous memories to go with your lovely wedding. Congrats and enjoy your planning!

Morning, Groupies!
I don't know if they're still in place, andy, but one of my favorite things to do (and others on here) is to sit in the rockers outside of the VWL building with a favored beverage and just watch, listen, relax. Even during the busiest of times, it's a calming respite, so I can imagine it would be an even more rewarding experience with the reduced capacity at the resort. Keep the reports coming!

@Lakegirl If you can swing a trip to Disney for your honeymoon, I say go for it! What a wonderful way to celebrate, and you'll have those marvelous memories to go with your lovely wedding. Congrats and enjoy your planning!
Indeed, those rocking chairs are lovely. My personal favorite place to sit has been the couches in the lobby of VWL, the smell in there is amazing (bought the oil from Disney Springs yesterday) and the vibe is perfect. I also love the chairs in front of the fireplace in the little reading room off the VWL lobby but it always seems like someone is sitting there...

The crowd levels at the resort have been perfect. We’ve never had to wait for an elevator (unlike Boardwalk in July) and the pools have also been easy to distance (also unlike BW). I love the Boulder Ridge pool, so quiet and relaxing! The main pool is fun also. It’s the perfect in between crowd level where it’s low enough to feel quiet and relaxing but there are enough guests that the resort still feels alive. We went to Grand Floridian when we were riding around the monorail loop a few days ago and it was a little too quiet. We also now think that WL is the best themed of the MK resorts.

Sadly, we are checking out today, after 4 nights of fun! Hoping to squeeze in a little more time at the resort tonight after Animal Kingdom before driving home. My boyfriend surprised me with one of the prints of some artwork of the lodge from the gift shop here and I can’t wait to hang it at home. WL is such a special resort and I will stay here again in a heartbeat—the feel I get here is only matched by my other favorite resort, POR!

Indeed, those rocking chairs are lovely. My personal favorite place to sit has been the couches in the lobby of VWL, the smell in there is amazing (bought the oil from Disney Springs yesterday) and the vibe is perfect. I also love the chairs in front of the fireplace in the little reading room off the VWL lobby but it always seems like someone is sitting there...

The crowd levels at the resort have been perfect. We’ve never had to wait for an elevator (unlike Boardwalk in July) and the pools have also been easy to distance (also unlike BW). I love the Boulder Ridge pool, so quiet and relaxing! The main pool is fun also. It’s the perfect in between crowd level where it’s low enough to feel quiet and relaxing but there are enough guests that the resort still feels alive. We went to Grand Floridian when we were riding around the monorail loop a few days ago and it was a little too quiet. We also now think that WL is the best themed of the MK resorts.

Sadly, we are checking out today, after 4 nights of fun! Hoping to squeeze in a little more time at the resort tonight after Animal Kingdom before driving home. My boyfriend surprised me with one of the prints of some artwork of the lodge from the gift shop here and I can’t wait to hang it at home. WL is such a special resort and I will stay here again in a heartbeat—the feel I get here is only matched by my other favorite resort, POR!
So glad you have enjoyed your stay!

Morning, Groupies!

Thanks so much Sleepy!!

Thanks for posting! I always enjoy reading about someone discovering a new-found love for the lodge and desire to return. So glad you enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter