VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Where did you take the picture?
Pretty sure Jimmy said that he was at Beech Mountain, North Carolina.
Yes, and I was curious because they mentioned skiing, and its a ski resort in winter. Never thought of skiing in NC,
Granny is right, we are at Beech Mt NC
They have skiing as primary business, biking and disc golf secondary.
Edited: Beech is the highest Incorporated Town in the Eastern US at 5506'
Edited: MT Mitchell in Asheville NC is the highest peak in Eastern US at 6684'

Last edited:
Granny is right, we are at Beech Mt NC
They have skiing as primary business, biking and disc golf secondary.
Beech is the 3rd highest point in the eastern US at 5506’ above sea level
MT Mitchell in Asheville NC is 1st and Grandfather Mt which is about 15 minutes away from here is 2nd

3rd highest point in the eastern US, eh? Our house is at 5400 ft or so. Would that get us 4th? :teeth:

3rd highest point in the eastern US, eh? Our house is at 5400 ft or so. Would that get us 4th? :teeth:
It should be close :rotfl2:
I retract my statement about Beech, it is the highest Incorported Town in the Eastern US. I should really pay attention better as I read. I know one thing, when driving these roads I draw up a bit. No guard rails in places there should be makes me :scared1:

I love visiting, but to live in place like this, no way!

So we made a little adjustment to our trip in January. We added a day at the front and booked CSR but I was just not wanting to change resorts after just one night. Unless it was to stay at WL. We contacted the person we bought the points from but sadly she didn't have VWL available. Sad. So we just changed it to another day at BWV and now we won't have to change resorts.

Last edited:
DLI: sorry you couldn't get VWL, but glad you don't have to change resorts. In 30 years of staying on property we have never done a split stay. One time we stayed at an All Stars on our arrival night because we got in very late. But then they delivered our luggage to Ft. Wilderness by mistake! (WL was pretty new at the time) We love to completely unpack when we arrive and settle in to our home.

DLI: sorry you couldn't get VWL, but glad you don't have to change resorts. In 30 years of staying on property we have never done a split stay. One time we stayed at an All Stars on our arrival night because we got in very late. But then they delivered our luggage to Ft. Wilderness by mistake! (WL was pretty new at the time) We love to completely unpack when we arrive and settle in to our home.
Yes we like to unpack also. I have done maybe 3 split stays. I think it's ok if you have at least a 10 day stay but it's a lot of work for like a week.

Morning, Groupies! No real news to report here. Still packing; walls are bare; most non-essentials are boxed. If all goes according to plan, we'll be in SC to stay within a couple of weeks. Hard to imagine at this point.

We have no Disney news of note, either. We're not planning any trips in the near future given our upcoming major change of geography. Our next trip will likely be well into 2021 or even 2022 at this point. Until then, we'll live vicariously through those of you who do brave WDW or DL (when it opens).

No real activity on here since yesterday morning, so I'll post a picture. This is the back yard of where we hope to call home in about two weeks. . .meanwhile, stay safe, Groupies!

Sleepy...your new back yard looks very peaceful and inviting. Pretty sure I can imagine you and Luv with a cup of coffee hanging out in those chairs by the water. Or possibly an adult beverage in the evenings. Thanks for sharing. :)

I have had an insanely busy week, and I am so grateful our CFO told the finance team to take tomorrow off and enjoy an extra long weekend!

I have been trying to find a spot for a little getaway for our 35th anniversary, but nothing is coming together. We would have been celebrating at WDW/Sarasota, but stupid COVID had other plans. We were scheduled to fly to MCO on Saturday with our older son and our daughter in law, and then drive to Sarasota.

I have had an insanely busy week, and I am so grateful our CFO told the finance team to take tomorrow off and enjoy an extra long weekend!

I have been trying to find a spot for a little getaway for our 35th anniversary, but nothing is coming together. We would have been celebrating at WDW/Sarasota, but stupid COVID had other plans. We were scheduled to fly to MCO on Saturday with our older son and our daughter in law, and then drive to Sarasota.

So many good plans being blown up by this COVID thing. :sad2:

I hope you guys can find some way to celebrate your milestone in style. :)

We have done split stays on numerous occasions. Most of them came about after already booking DVC and deciding to tack on nights a bit closer to the trip, if timing will allow it. We have stayed at All Star Sports a few times, Pop once, POR and CS a couple times. If points are available, we have added a few nights at SSR too. We do prefer staying in one place for an entire trip, getting settled in. But we will make the sacrifice, if we must, to get in a few extra nights :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter