VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hi Jim! Great to "see" you dropping in to check on us! :)

Here's a picture of your tree from our 2006 trip...

View attachment 526401

It was so kind of you to allow us to share your tree. In our case, our stay included Christmas Day so having the tree to put presents under was a wonderful addition to our trip. We are still thankful for your generosity!

I have some of those very same ornaments including the garland!

Third evening here, and this comes floating by 25 feet from our back yard. . .a 6-7 footer. . .
View attachment 527248

Thanks to everyone for all the kinds thoughts and words. We hope to see each of you down here in HHI!
Must be a part of the welcoming committee. Sleepy, by chance, are you a distant relative of Capt. Hook? Just asking for friends :teeth:

I first saw it 100 feet away, and I wasn't quite sure it was a gator. . .it could be a log, I thought. Then, the back part of the logs disappeared, and the knotty end of it began moving. Twenty feet closer, the log stopped. Umm, that's not a log!

First day of onboarding at DHHIR today. I'll have another 1/2 day tomorrow, then training will begin soon. Luv will do the same next week. Not sure how much training I will need to haul garbage, wipe down railings, and clean up folks' messes. . .

Not sure how much training I will need to haul garbage, wipe down railings, and clean up folks' messes. . .

I'm sure that Disney has a unique way of doing those types of activities that requires special training. Do you get to wear Mickey ears while you work? :earsboy:

And for some of those activities, wearing a mask may be a blessing. :)

I'm sure that Disney has a unique way of doing those types of activities that requires special training. Do you get to wear Mickey ears while you work? :earsboy:

And for some of those activities, wearing a mask may be a blessing. :)
Finished onboarding today; first training day is Sunday. I didn't have to wear Mickey ears, but I did have to wear Goofy feet, and I had to practice saying "Ga-a-a-rsh!" pirate:

Whew! Too much unpacking, moving furniture, hauling heavy items to the attic (thank god for the attic!), and putting together new items such as shelving. But, weather has been marvelous, and we're truly thankful for what we've been able to do the past few weeks.

In Disney news, my first day (OJT) is Sunday and again Monday. Luv will onboard on Tuesday/Wednesday. Busy, but fun, times! Below is our view this morning. . .

Whew! Too much unpacking, moving furniture, hauling heavy items to the attic (thank god for the attic!), and putting together new items such as shelving. But, weather has been marvelous, and we're truly thankful for what we've been able to do the past few weeks.

In Disney news, my first day (OJT) is Sunday and again Monday. Luv will onboard on Tuesday/Wednesday. Busy, but fun, times! Below is our view this morning. . .
View attachment 527931

Looks lovely Sleepy! And I hadn't mentioned before but congrats to Luv on her new position in the Disney family!

(Also happy you didn't have the same visitor today as a day or two ago - he was big!)

Happy Sunday Groupies....we haven’t had any activity lately so I thought I’d say Hey Howdy Hey.

The big news for us this week is our younger son and his wife found a house! so exciting!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and the last moments of summer. Typically I really enjoy the fall, but I’ve come to realize that part of the reason is due to the fact that we always extend summer by scheduling a trip to WDW in September and/or Sarasota in October. Oh well, hopefully we will all planning trips soon!

Last edited:
Morning, Groupies! First day at work yesterday, and it went well. I'm currently cross-training (their term), so the next three weeks I'll do all sorts of jobs that may not be directly related to my custodial position. I shadowed Drew who serves as sort of a bar back for Mousekeeping. From a central location, we resupplied towels, sheets, pillowcases, et. al. to the building "closets," those storage areas where the housekeeping staff go to get what they need to turn a room. Once they get into the middle of cleaning the room, these same Mousekeepers have items needing replaced such as forks, plates, pitchers, pots, and more. We secured those and ran them to proper place. We also pick up the trash and used linens to take to the service center. We didn't do the whole resort, as Drew is responsible only for 5-6 buildings. There are other CMs who do the same for their own sections. I'll do the same job today. In the coming weeks, I'll train to do more typical custodial things, and I'll even pull a late shift or two, as well. Time to get ready for the day's adventure. I hope all Groupies will have a fine week ahead. Stay safe out there!

Good Morning from The Lodge!!! We are here. Our wedding was amazing. The weather was perfect.
Arrived last night. We are on the second floor facing the lake. Ate at Geysers Point last night. We got the Brisket and chips App and split the Turkey sandwich it was delish. A lot more people here than I thought there would be. Glad we stopped at the desk because our magic bands needed some help. They said we need to bring in old ones to be taken off the account. That simply deactivating doesn’t really fix it CM’S have been a delight, super friendly and glad to be here.
MK today and heading out soon.
Todays my Birthday as well!!! It’s going to be a Magical Day!

Good Morning from The Lodge!!! We are here. Our wedding was amazing. The weather was perfect. ... MK today and heading out soon. ... Todays my Birthday as well!!! It’s going to be a Magical Day!

💒 CONGRATULATIONS!!!! 🥂
:tink:Have a wonderful, magical day! pixiedust:

Good Morning from The Lodge!!! We are here. Our wedding was amazing. The weather was perfect.
Arrived last night. We are on the second floor facing the lake. Ate at Geysers Point last night. We got the Brisket and chips App and split the Turkey sandwich it was delish. A lot more people here than I thought there would be. Glad we stopped at the desk because our magic bands needed some help. They said we need to bring in old ones to be taken off the account. That simply deactivating doesn’t really fix it CM’S have been a delight, super friendly and glad to be here.
Congratulations 👰🏻 🍾 and Happy Birthday🎈 🎊🎉🎂@Lakegirl enjoy your stay!

Congratulations on your wedding and birthday! Glad all went/is going well!

Lakegirl...congratulations on your birthday and your wedding! Glad to hear the you are enjoying your trip. Geyser Point...I'm really missing that place these days!

Sleepy...thanks for giving us some information about your onboarding process with Disney. It seems to me that DHHIR is often named by people on these boards as having the best CM's in the Disney resort system. Hopefully they are as nice to fellow Cast Members as they are to the guests!

Wow! How much fun and joy is that?!!
Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

Did you have one cake or two? 🎂👰

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter