Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone been to the Mandara spa recently? I was considering it since Senses is still closed and I can walk from YC, but am curious to see any reports of how it’s been lately. I’ve never been there before.
Not exactly an answer to your question, or if you already knew this, but there is a Groupon available for the Mandara spa. Its good until May 28th.

I edited this to change the expiration date to May 28th.

Last edited:
Hi! We are staying at the Swan in early June. Are there waiting lists to get into the pool area? We experienced that at Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs this past year, and I'm wondering whether Swan/Dolphin has a similar setup.

I’m having trouble linking my Swan Reserve reservation to MDE. It’s been a while since we visited, so I completely forget what the “trick” is (maybe adding a 0 somewhere?)
Can anyone help me out here? It seems the search function isn’t working properly on the boards, so I can’t find any previous posts. (“No results founds” for everything I searched for.) I also called the hotel directly and after holding for over 30 minutes somehow got a Marriott rep and not a Swolphin rep, so it was pointless.
I had this issue as well. When I called and spoke with someone at Swalphin, they told me that since the hotel is not open yet, they are not pushing through reservations. I would check as your trip gets closer - I was told they would be pushing through 60 days before reservation and this would likely change once the hotel was open.

A couple of notes from our Swan stay at the end of last month:

no pool capacity issues at either hotel—grotto pool was busy and it was tough to find a chair, but the hotel staff was not regulating it or making people wait to enter.

No problem for Disney to transport or bags from the Poly to Swan. But at the end, we wanted them to move them from Swan to OKW (this was a looong vacation!), and they said they could not. They don’t have drivers at this point.

We had a lovely stay in an alcove room and I am now OBSESSED with Westin beds.

Question:
1. Are the beds at the Dolphin similar (I know they’re smaller, but talking about comfort)?

2. We had issues with loud boat horns. What area of the Swan can I request to avoid that next time?

thank you!

I just returned from a week long stay at The Dolphin and it was incredible! We had a King bed resort view room overlooking Hollywood Studios. Tower of Terror looked amazing from our deluxe-sized balcony. As far as transportation, I found the buses to Disney Springs, Magic Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom to be great---the buses, which are basically akin to motorcoaches--similar to Disney Magical Express buses are more comfortable than the Disney buses and they actually stay on schedule. It didn't matter to me that the bus dropped us off at TTC for Magic Kingdom...we simply walked over to the ferry boat with no issues whatsoever.

Loved staying at The Dolphin...the location is ideal. The hotel looks gorgeous, especially at night. Such an easy walk to Epcot and the walk to Hollywood Studios is pleasant. Loved being close to the Boardwalk.

I have found my new favorite "home" and cannot wait to return to The Dolphin later this year. Feel free to ask any questions!

Anyone hear anything on when the Food and Wine Classic Tickets will go on sale for October?

Anyone know if rewards nights availability opens back up at Swan or Dolphin? I checked for a 5-night stay just a couple of days, ago to get point pricing at the Dolphin, while we discussed whether we would go back to Disney or not. There was availability then. But, when I went back to make a reservation today, I was met with the indication that there were no reward nights available for either Swan or Dolphin. I'd been saving away points for just this kind of opportunity, so I'm quite a bit bummed at my bad fortune. Hoping that someone inside knowledge or anecdotal evidence about additional reward stays coming available.

Anyone know if rewards nights availability opens back up at Swan or Dolphin? I checked for a 5-night stay just a couple of days, ago to get point pricing at the Dolphin, while we discussed whether we would go back to Disney or not. There was availability then. But, when I went back to make a reservation today, I was met with the indication that there were no reward nights available for either Swan or Dolphin. I'd been saving away points for just this kind of opportunity, so I'm quite a bit bummed at my bad fortune. Hoping that someone inside knowledge or anecdotal evidence about additional reward stays coming available.
I just booked 5 nights on points for November. Sometimes the Bonvoy site doesn’t show points availability but if you play around and go into the hotel on the site searching for cash stays, then switch to points, it’ll show.

I’m at the Dolphin now. Well actually, I am at The Boathouse loving my FRESH lobster meat, huge lobster roll and the most lovely 16 ounce rum drink that is not to be missed.
There is still a coffeemaker in the room with Starbucks packets. There are no covers or those cardboard things that go over the hot cup.
I hope this isn’t a problem, but since I have stayed at the Dolphin close to 25 or 30 times, I feel like I have a good tip to share-

Buy a sleeve of those 16 oz paper coffee cups with lids. Split the cups in half. Pack one stack of cups with a ziplock bag of your favorite coffee. Stuff the other side with decaf. Put the lids on to secure. Buy a small plastic filter holder for $3. Buy the paper liner for less. Put sugar and shelf stable creamers in a bag and pack. Use the Dolphin coffeemaker to heat water. Make a fabulous cup of coffee every morning for about 75 cents.
Cheers!

Buy a sleeve of those 16 oz paper coffee cups with lids. Split the cups in half. Pack one stack of cups with a ziplock bag of your favorite coffee. Stuff the other side with decaf. Put the lids on to secure. Buy a small plastic filter holder for $3. Buy the paper liner for less. Put sugar and shelf stable creamers in a bag and pack. Use the Dolphin coffeemaker to heat water. Make a fabulous cup of coffee every morning for about 75 cents.
Cheers!

Thanks. Good tips! The coffee they supply is in those little, flat filter packs? Is that right? I don't think they have the K cups, do they?

At the Dolphin now, arrived Sunday around 1 after driving through one of the worst thunder storms I've ever experienced. My room was ready which was good news. It is room 8042, which is the bad news. My "view" is of the tops of buildings, I'll try to post some pictures tonight. I always just book standard and this is the first time I've lost the lottery on that but since it was ready at 1 and I had been on the road since 5 white knuckling it through that storm, I was o.k. with it. I brought my own coffee pods since I don't like Starbucks, again I'll try to get some picture of those up tonight.

Rode the bus to AK yesterday morning. It got there right when I did (around 8:05 am) so we had to wait a few minutes to see if anyone else was coming, they weren't. Went over to Swan and no one there. I ended up being the only one on the bus. They do have to go through the same line car drivers do instead the bus lines WDW buses take so we had to wait in line to get through the toll booths but the walk from where they drop you off into the parks isn't bad. I'm guessing it was around 35 to 40 min. from the time I got to the bus stop until I was walking into AK temp check. Took the Disney bus to MK when I left there so can't say how the return bus was.

I just returned from a week long stay at The Dolphin and it was incredible! We had a King bed resort view room overlooking Hollywood Studios. Tower of Terror looked amazing from our deluxe-sized balcony. As far as transportation, I found the buses to Disney Springs, Magic Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom to be great---the buses, which are basically akin to motorcoaches--similar to Disney Magical Express buses are more comfortable than the Disney buses and they actually stay on schedule. It didn't matter to me that the bus dropped us off at TTC for Magic Kingdom...we simply walked over to the ferry boat with no issues whatsoever.

Loved staying at The Dolphin...the location is ideal. The hotel looks gorgeous, especially at night. Such an easy walk to Epcot and the walk to Hollywood Studios is pleasant. Loved being close to the Boardwalk.

I have found my new favorite "home" and cannot wait to return to The Dolphin later this year. Feel free to ask any questions!
Thanks for the info! When you say the buses were on schedule, did they come at specific times each hour? Every 20 minutes? Thanks!

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone has booked a super last minute trip and had the reservation linked to MDE that day? Is there anyone I can call to have it in my MDE asap to make a park reservation? It just kinda stinks to wait 72 hours to see that it becomes active. Thanks!!

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone has booked a super last minute trip and had the reservation linked to MDE that day? Is there anyone I can call to have it in my MDE asap to make a park reservation? It just kinda stinks to wait 72 hours to see that it becomes active. Thanks!!
Are there no general ticket park passes available, is that the delay? I booked a super last minute trip this week for 4/23 and am also staying at the swan. I booked my pass after I bought my tickets. I linked the Swan reservation the next day. MDE says swan and dolphin confirmations may take up to 72 hours to show up to then link to your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter