"We Want to Be as Cool as VelociGranny" and "I Now Have a Fear of Housekeeping"

Thank you for sharing! I enjoyed reading your TR!

My family is considering a trip here next summer and I am trying to read as much as I can.

Your vacation sounded wonderful even with the few hiccups.
I also am surprised to hear about the housekeeping incident. WDW should have immediately apologized even if it was truly an accident/misunderstanding, which I imagine it was.

I hope your next vacation is amazing!

I enjoyed reading your report. We stayed a couple nights at Portofino in 2019 and are excited to stay there again in late September.
I was upset with Disney in the lack of housekeeping lol 😂 at our recent YC stay. 7 nights in a room without even a fresh up stinks! Literally!
I sent a letter about my concerns and how dirty the room felt with only 2 of us and the housekeeping manager called me right away. She did put a 100.00 on our room account. I certainly didn’t expect that.
That is awful how they came right in on your son. I found the best thing to do (in the future for you) is call the day you arrive a d set a time with them. I do this every time and tell the housekeeping staff, I want my room checked/cleaned around 10am every day. This works Great and they have always stuck to this. We always come back In The afternoon and hate having housekeeping show up then.
We had a lady yell at us for cutting her at Epcot F&G booth, the lady was not in line at all just standing off to the side reading the menu, I told her by all means get up there than, yikes she didn’t even know what she wanted yet!

OH my goodness, I have been bad and not checking this board recently. Thank you all for your comments. <3 The manager of Boardwalk called me and said that he talked to that cast member (a new hire she explained). I got another apology. Nothing else though. I still feel they didn't take it too seriously.

All in all though, we did have a lot of fun. My son then went with his dad to Alaska... and... their hotel was ON FIRE in the middle of a forest fire so that was bad... luckily, they actually found out before they got there (and, his dad, who does not research and plan like me, didn't realize the hotel was hundreds of miles from the airport and had no way to get there if it HADN'T been on fire.... Davy wasn't sure what was worse... the "exposure" at Disney or that whole experience of being stranded at the airport (no taxis or ubers and had to hitch a ride -- not even kidding... ). Davy still chose the bathroom incident as the worst thing though.

Can't wait to get to Universal again in December though!!!!

A little late to the party, but I so enjoyed your report! My 16 year old son and I are going next summer, just the two of us and I am really looking forward to it!

My son also runs cross country, but I don't think he'll be volunteering to run on vacation, lol. We'll also be going in very early June and also visiting both Universal Studios and Disney, so I found your report to be quite interesting. My son keeps saying he doesn't think we'll need any rest days, but I'm not so sure!

Can't wait to hear about your next trip!

A little late to the party, but I so enjoyed your report! My 16 year old son and I are going next summer, just the two of us and I am really looking forward to it!

My son also runs cross country, but I don't think he'll be volunteering to run on vacation, lol. We'll also be going in very early June and also visiting both Universal Studios and Disney, so I found your report to be quite interesting. My son keeps saying he doesn't think we'll need any rest days, but I'm not so sure!

Can't wait to hear about your next trip!

I guarantee he’ll end up wanting at least some rest time. Glad my report helped some!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter