"We Want to Be as Cool as VelociGranny" and "I Now Have a Fear of Housekeeping"

Oh Alice.....what a mixed day you had!

Stinks with the luggage, that is poor service and I can imagine being drenched and just wanting to get into warm dry clothes.....and you`re killing us with it getting worse!! Say it ain`t so.........

Nice animal pictures........and I know how much fun you had with the SW stuff ::yes:: ......and hope the back was better after a good nights sleep too.....

Oh Alice.....what a mixed day you had!

Stinks with the luggage, that is poor service and I can imagine being drenched and just wanting to get into warm dry clothes.....and you`re killing us with it getting worse!! Say it ain`t so.........

Nice animal pictures........and I know how much fun you had with the SW stuff ::yes:: ......and hope the back was better after a good nights sleep too.....

It got better once I got back to Universal to a REAL BED. LOL.

Day 5, June 5

We "slept in" until 6:45 this morning. We got up, went out to our patio to try for boarding passes to Rise of the Resistance. The first and only other time I rode this ride, I cried after. It was the most amazing ride EVER for this Star Wars fan. Davy snagged a boarding group. Yay!

We walked the path to go for rope drop at Hollywood Studios. We were one of the first ones there. We decided to try Mickey and Minnie first as we had never tried it. We were the 2nd in line and first car of the day. I thought it was cute. Davy HATED it and hated we wasted rope drop on it. Next, we decided to do Slinky Dog before the line got too long... I think it said the wait was 30 minutes. It was longer. It was hot. And, Davy was again disappointed. I thought it was cute. But, neither ride was a favorite for me and I will likely not ride again without a really short wait.

It looked like Millenium Falcon Smuggler's Run had a short wait. Davy and I had done this once in the single rider line and got engineers and it was boring. We decided to give it one more chance, go through the regular line, and ask to be ANYTHING except engineers. You can tell by Davy's eyes, he's skeptical!davy falcon.jpeg

davy inside falcon.jpeg

One of the cast members asked if we had ridden before. We said we had but were engineers and wanted to be ANYTHING but. She gave us her name, told us the name of a cast member ahead, and told us to tell him we needed to be pilots. We did so and they gave us our own cabin! It was awesome! We did really well piloting. I also knew there was a Chewie version of the ride but forgot how you got to it, but no matter, it was done for us. So cool. :) We had a ton of fun and now loved the ride. I wanted to get a pic of Davy in the pilot seat alone but they rushed us out of there before I could. Sigh... Still, one of the highlights of the trip. I made sure to write a compliment for those cast members. Really made our day.

Next, we had some time, so we went to Tower of Terror again. Not too bad of a wait. Then, it was time for lunch.

We went to Brown Derby. I had never eaten there before. It was lovely. We were still glowing about our piloting skills and Tower of Terror. The rope drop disappointment gone.

Then, Rise of the Resistance! The last time we rode it, Davy said he saw an animatronic of Finn. I had totally missed it. Davy through this past year and half started worrying he had made it up in his head. Anyway, he thought he knew where it was and was determined to point it out.

Davy looks like he's trying to complain to the stormtroopers or something:

Davy ROTR 1.jpeg

Davy always gets a kick out of pushing buttons behind the Imperials' backs.

Davy ROTR 2.jpeg

I took a lot of pics during the ride. Davy kind of scolded me for not paying attention and just taking pics.

rotr 1.jpeg

rotr 2.jpeg

rotr 5.jpeg

rotr3.jpeg

But, come on, this ride is so cool you can't help but want pics.

And, Davy was right! We found Finn. Not the best pic:

rotr 3.jpeg

I did not cry this time, but, man, I love this so much.

I really wanted to go into Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities. It has the most pricey (and some not) and unique gifts. This is also where the "legacy" lightsabers are. Now, I had bought the one I built... but, I really kind of wanted another.... there was a line to go just to see those lightsabers, so I didn't do it. But, I peeked at them from afar. Sigh... got a Darth Vader chalise but kept looking back at the lightsabers....

This is a really cool shop and there are lots of easter eggs up above. I didn't get many great pics, but this one was kind of cool:

Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities.jpeg

We then decided to rest back at the room. I fell dead asleep. Davy played on the computer. At some point, we decided to walk over to EPCOT. Again, the Boardwalk is a fantastic place to stay to walk to both DHS (especially the room we had) and EPCOT. Too bad I have promised never to stay there again...

So, Davy fell in love with Spaceship Earth a couple trips ago. When we were going in 2020, he was SO SAD it was going to be closed and redone. I figured out we'd be there (in 2020) one day before it closed... but, then COVID... and plans changed... it's still open! We rode it and... it broke down just as Michelangelo was painting the Sistine Chapel. We kind of chuckled about it. We were only stuck for a few minutes and off again...

We had dinner at Rose & Crown. I think we both had kids fish and chips or shared a plate or something. I did tip well since we eat lightly. Davy LOVES the old Agent P "game" (and Kimpossible before). Ducktales hadn't started but he wasn't too excited about that (even though Mama is a big Donald fan). So, he was a little sad about that being gone. I still wanted to walk around and he was good with that. I know he hates shopping, so I promised only a couple of shops and that one he would LOVE.... continued next post.

Last edited:
Day 5 continued

Some shots of "England" before we moved on....

Pooh in the Food and Garden Festival. I've taken so many pics of these along the years, I apparently only got this one this time (first time I noticed Pooh I guess):

Pooh epcot.jpeg

Davy EPCOT Englang.jpeg

Then, we walked around and stopped at the one shop I knew Davy would love -- the caramel shop in Germany! We got so many treats there! <3

Then, he said, "let's go to China... I think there was either an Agent P site or something that had fireworks inside...." we looked and didn't find what he was talking about. He said he thought it didn't really have to do with Agent P but he just saw it.... we sat down to eat some of our caramel and think... then it hit me... The Three Caballeros ride! He wanted to try it. As soon as we got inside Mexico, he knew this was it. He was so excited to see the "inside fireworks" at the end of the ride. LOL. He said, "since fireworks were originally started in China, you see why I thought that, right?" But, he was excited nonetheless and it was pretty fun to see him remember and what memories he has had through the years.

After, we saw Test Track and Mission Space still had long lines. He wanted to do Spaceship Earth again (again, sometimes I have no idea why he loves things). We got stuck AGAIN at the same place. We chuckled. Oh, we got this picture the first time (WHY is half my face eaten off????). this feature was not working the second time.

Davy and me spaceship earth.jpeg

I think this was taken earlier too....
Davy spaceship earth.jpeg

Anyway, it was about 8 or 8:30 but Davy was done. He didn't want to wait around for the other rides. I think he kept running every day as well as going to the parks -- no wonder the kid was slowing down!!!

We took the Friendship Boat back to Boardwalk as it was right there when we left. And, my back was hurting a bit again (pullout beds!!!). Originally, our plan the next day was to get up early and go to MK and head back to EPCOT in the evening. Davy was good not going back to EPCOT and he wanted to sleep in. I was good with that.

Tomorrow.... a lovely day ... other than that part where Davy is traumatized.....

oh dear that Davy is traumatized!

We love ROTR as well, as a SW fan my jaw was on the floor in several spots. Both my teens, who were skeptical going in, were blown away and agreed the boarding pass was worth the hoops. My youngest and I loved runaway railway, it's interesting to me that after warning him that the mickey on the ride was not the mickey he knew from the cartoons, he thought the mickey on the ride was better! So the original still holds up even to the jaded teen crowd.

oh dear that Davy is traumatized!

We love ROTR as well, as a SW fan my jaw was on the floor in several spots. Both my teens, who were skeptical going in, were blown away and agreed the boarding pass was worth the hoops. My youngest and I loved runaway railway, it's interesting to me that after warning him that the mickey on the ride was not the mickey he knew from the cartoons, he thought the mickey on the ride was better! So the original still holds up even to the jaded teen crowd.
For some reason, Davy was bored by runaway railway.... yet, he loves Spaceship Earth and Jimmy Fallon. I sometimes think I really get this kid... and then, sometimes... LOL

June 6 (Day 6)

We decided to sleep in today. I woke up before Davy and decided to run down to the Boardwalk bakery to get some goodies. Davy texted me wondering where I went. I said and he asked for a blueberry muffin. I honestly can't remember if they had any or what I got... but, whatever it was, it was dry and awful.

Davy wanted to hang out in the room in the morning, so I decided to go to MK by myself to do some things he wasn't that interested in. It was about 8:15 when I caught the bus. What a beautiful sight:

castle MK.jpg

There was a 20 minute wait for Peter Pan -- a must for me and Davy didn't care one way or another. I had never been into the new queue so I was excited to see some of Wendy's house and nursery! :) So much fun. I took HORRIFIC pictures so sorry -- nothing worthy of posting.

Next, I saw there was a wait of about 30 minutes for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train and I thought, why not? I had only done it once. The queue was outside... there was a guy who stood behind me. He and his family had apparently just gotten there a bit ago. Honestly, if you want to do MK with small kids -- GO EARLY and get it all knocked out before it gets crowded and hot. I'm sure gates opened around 7:15. It was now probably 9ish. He was asking me what other rides his kids would like. I, again, am always amazed that folks don't do SOME research before spending so much money on a vacation like this. Now, we did purposefully choose to sleep in but we've been here many times before. And, I had gotten somewhat cheaper military tickets. Anyway, I gave him some ideas... told him to check the app on wait times... then, his very angry/upset wife came up with the two kids (grade school aged). She was livid that it was crowded and hot and the kids did not want to be there. Everything I always tried to avoid at the parks.... anyway, they then ran off to try to do the teacups or something. The guy stayed in line. When we got up to the "main" line, he asked the CM if his family could join him later in line. She said he could wait there for them but could not get in the main line and then have them cut. He seemed ok with it. I wonder if the wife killed anyone.

Anyway, cute ride and so glad I did it again. :) I didn't mind the wait either as I mostly had my headphones in and watched the French Open.

I then went to the Haunted Mansion. Oh, one of my all-time favorites:

haunted mansion mk.jpg

I think it was a 20 minute wait? So weird not to go into the elevator (well, you go in, but it's aleady "done" with the full paintings showing). I love this ride. I knew Davy would want to do it later too but, hey, is there really enough times on HM? I then saw there was a line to go into the little Memento Mori store. I LOVE this place. I MAY have bought a ton of stuff and had it shipped home (I have yet to unpack it all. SHAME ON ME! I know I got the clock and some ornaments. Davy will love this stuff. This weekend I will get it out!) I then decided it was time to go get Davy so we could do lunch. I thought about having him catch the bus and just meet me, but wasn't sure he'd be comfortable with that as he had not even seen where to catch the bus at Boardwalk.

As I was walking to the bus, Davy called me. He said housekeeping showed up to check the trash. He would not let her in while he was there alone. She asked when she could come back. He said noon, but really had no idea what our plans were, so after, he called me if he was ok with what he said. I said, "it's ALWAYS ok to send someone away if you are uncomfortable. And, I'm about to come get you for lunch, so that will be perfect." He was pleased..... if only he knew....

ANYWAY, I get back, and he wanted to see the lightsaber again that I had built. I'm going to have to teach that boy how to hold a laser sword. ;)

alice lightsaber.jpg

davy lightsaber 1.jpg

You're going to lose a hand! Did Anakin and Luke teach you NOTHING!!!

davy lightsaber 2.jpg

Tee hee. :)

I think we left for lunch before noon. We went to the pizza window on the Boardwalk to have some lunch. Good pizza! I remember we hung out a bit there... I'm not sure what else we did, but we got back to the room just before 2 pm. I decided to go ship the stuff I bought my buddy Bill at Galaxy's Edge at the shop downstairs (for some reason, I didn't realize until today that they were still shipping items home -- I know you couldn't have stuff sent to the room anymore). Davy wanted to take a bath. I go downstairs and spend about 15 to 20 minutes getting the stuff shipped.

As I'm just leaving the shop around 2:30, Davy calls. He's REALLY upset. Housekeeping walked in on him in the bath! He was completely freaked out. He is VERY MODEST (I think a lot of only children are). And, he was of course startled. I decided to stop by the front desk as it was on my way. I probably should have heard the rest of the details first, but still... I told the front desk what I knew so far... Housekeeping said they'd come back at noon... instead they came back at 2:30 and walked in on my son in the bath. (And, he practically ripped the shower curtain down trying to cover up). The front desk guy barely seemed interested gave a very flat, "sorry. Shouldn't happen again." I said, "we are checking out tomorrow. You can assure me no one will come before we check out?" He said, "Absolutely. No one will come again when you are checking out tomorrow."

I got back to the room. I walked in and noticed the Do Not Disturb sign on the floor. Davy came running to me, very shaken up, then noticed the sign. He asked, "did you put that there?" I said no, it was that way when I got here. He said he had put it on the outside of the door in case housekeeping DID come later than they said. So... housekeeping appeared to have taken it off and thrown it down? I had to believe she didn't see it and somehow it got hooked on something and came inside with her.... but, who knows at this point. Davy said he had the bathroom door closed too -- and, let me tell you something, if he was bathing, he was singing... how on earth did she not hear him?!?!?!?

Davy then kind of went off (rightfully). He started being suspicious since she asked him when we'd be gone... yet didn't come... yet waited until he was alone again, removed the Do Not Disturb, and barged in on him naked in the bathtub. He asked me, "if I had been a girl and it was a male housekeeper.... do you think Disney would shrug this off?" Now, truthfully, I think it was all a misunderstanding but the Do Not Disturb on the floor.. disturbed me.... I decided I would say something again at checkout tomorrow.

We decided to get out of there (duh) and go to the parks. We headed to Buzz Lightyear... but on the way, my favorite guy stopped to say hi. It made us think maybe we'll have a better night....

donal duck parade.jpg

Love you Donald!!!! <3

We got to Buzz -- basically a walk-on. Then, went to Space Mountain. 20 minute wait I think. Haunted Mansion (again of course!). And, Pirates. That one was a bit of a wait but not horrible... 20 or 30 minutes.

After that, we had dinner reservations at Liberty Tavern. We were actually seated at the Diamond Horseshoe, which was a little disappointing, BUT what was NOT disappointing -- the food! So good!!!!! We ate like pigs and love it (Davy called it the place with the GOOD BREAD). Loved our waitress. She was awesome (and heavily tipped). This meal really cheered Davy up!

davy liberty tree.jpg

Then, time for Splash Mountain. That was a bit of a wait - 30 minutes? We CANNOT WAIT until it changes to Princess and the Frog. Davy absolutely loves the music from that one. But, we do love the drop (and, water ride!!!!).

We reluctantly went back to the room.... tomorrow: more housekeeping... more back pain... and, SAVED by Portofino Bay.

The photo of Davy with the lightsaber is too funny, lol! And purple is a super choice!

And the housekeeping incident....I have no words.....
I'm sorry he had that terrible experience...

If that had happened to my teen daughter, I'd have gone ballistic!

June 6 (Day 6)

We decided to sleep in today. I woke up before Davy and decided to run down to the Boardwalk bakery to get some goodies. Davy texted me wondering where I went. I said and he asked for a blueberry muffin. I honestly can't remember if they had any or what I got... but, whatever it was, it was dry and awful.

Davy wanted to hang out in the room in the morning, so I decided to go to MK by myself to do some things he wasn't that interested in. It was about 8:15 when I caught the bus. What a beautiful sight:

View attachment 584692

There was a 20 minute wait for Peter Pan -- a must for me and Davy didn't care one way or another. I had never been into the new queue so I was excited to see some of Wendy's house and nursery! :) So much fun. I took HORRIFIC pictures so sorry -- nothing worthy of posting.

Next, I saw there was a wait of about 30 minutes for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train and I thought, why not? I had only done it once. The queue was outside... there was a guy who stood behind me. He and his family had apparently just gotten there a bit ago. Honestly, if you want to do MK with small kids -- GO EARLY and get it all knocked out before it gets crowded and hot. I'm sure gates opened around 7:15. It was now probably 9ish. He was asking me what other rides his kids would like. I, again, am always amazed that folks don't do SOME research before spending so much money on a vacation like this. Now, we did purposefully choose to sleep in but we've been here many times before. And, I had gotten somewhat cheaper military tickets. Anyway, I gave him some ideas... told him to check the app on wait times... then, his very angry/upset wife came up with the two kids (grade school aged). She was livid that it was crowded and hot and the kids did not want to be there. Everything I always tried to avoid at the parks.... anyway, they then ran off to try to do the teacups or something. The guy stayed in line. When we got up to the "main" line, he asked the CM if his family could join him later in line. She said he could wait there for them but could not get in the main line and then have them cut. He seemed ok with it. I wonder if the wife killed anyone.

Anyway, cute ride and so glad I did it again. :) I didn't mind the wait either as I mostly had my headphones in and watched the French Open.

I then went to the Haunted Mansion. Oh, one of my all-time favorites:

View attachment 584691

I think it was a 20 minute wait? So weird not to go into the elevator (well, you go in, but it's aleady "done" with the full paintings showing). I love this ride. I knew Davy would want to do it later too but, hey, is there really enough times on HM? I then saw there was a line to go into the little Memento Mori store. I LOVE this place. I MAY have bought a ton of stuff and had it shipped home (I have yet to unpack it all. SHAME ON ME! I know I got the clock and some ornaments. Davy will love this stuff. This weekend I will get it out!) I then decided it was time to go get Davy so we could do lunch. I thought about having him catch the bus and just meet me, but wasn't sure he'd be comfortable with that as he had not even seen where to catch the bus at Boardwalk.

As I was walking to the bus, Davy called me. He said housekeeping showed up to check the trash. He would not let her in while he was there alone. She asked when she could come back. He said noon, but really had no idea what our plans were, so after, he called me if he was ok with what he said. I said, "it's ALWAYS ok to send someone away if you are uncomfortable. And, I'm about to come get you for lunch, so that will be perfect." He was pleased..... if only he knew....

ANYWAY, I get back, and he wanted to see the lightsaber again that I had built. I'm going to have to teach that boy how to hold a laser sword. ;)

View attachment 584690

View attachment 584689

You're going to lose a hand! Did Anakin and Luke teach you NOTHING!!!

View attachment 584688

Tee hee. :)

I think we left for lunch before noon. We went to the pizza window on the Boardwalk to have some lunch. Good pizza! I remember we hung out a bit there... I'm not sure what else we did, but we got back to the room just before 2 pm. I decided to go ship the stuff I bought my buddy Bill at Galaxy's Edge at the shop downstairs (for some reason, I didn't realize until today that they were still shipping items home -- I know you couldn't have stuff sent to the room anymore). Davy wanted to take a bath. I go downstairs and spend about 15 to 20 minutes getting the stuff shipped.

As I'm just leaving the shop around 2:30, Davy calls. He's REALLY upset. Housekeeping walked in on him in the bath! He was completely freaked out. He is VERY MODEST (I think a lot of only children are). And, he was of course startled. I decided to stop by the front desk as it was on my way. I probably should have heard the rest of the details first, but still... I told the front desk what I knew so far... Housekeeping said they'd come back at noon... instead they came back at 2:30 and walked in on my son in the bath. (And, he practically ripped the shower curtain down trying to cover up). The front desk guy barely seemed interested gave a very flat, "sorry. Shouldn't happen again." I said, "we are checking out tomorrow. You can assure me no one will come before we check out?" He said, "Absolutely. No one will come again when you are checking out tomorrow."

I got back to the room. I walked in and noticed the Do Not Disturb sign on the floor. Davy came running to me, very shaken up, then noticed the sign. He asked, "did you put that there?" I said no, it was that way when I got here. He said he had put it on the outside of the door in case housekeeping DID come later than they said. So... housekeeping appeared to have taken it off and thrown it down? I had to believe she didn't see it and somehow it got hooked on something and came inside with her.... but, who knows at this point. Davy said he had the bathroom door closed too -- and, let me tell you something, if he was bathing, he was singing... how on earth did she not hear him?!?!?!?

Davy then kind of went off (rightfully). He started being suspicious since she asked him when we'd be gone... yet didn't come... yet waited until he was alone again, removed the Do Not Disturb, and barged in on him naked in the bathtub. He asked me, "if I had been a girl and it was a male housekeeper.... do you think Disney would shrug this off?" Now, truthfully, I think it was all a misunderstanding but the Do Not Disturb on the floor.. disturbed me.... I decided I would say something again at checkout tomorrow.

We decided to get out of there (duh) and go to the parks. We headed to Buzz Lightyear... but on the way, my favorite guy stopped to say hi. It made us think maybe we'll have a better night....

View attachment 584686

Love you Donald!!!! <3

We got to Buzz -- basically a walk-on. Then, went to Space Mountain. 20 minute wait I think. Haunted Mansion (again of course!). And, Pirates. That one was a bit of a wait but not horrible... 20 or 30 minutes.

After that, we had dinner reservations at Liberty Tavern. We were actually seated at the Diamond Horseshoe, which was a little disappointing, BUT what was NOT disappointing -- the food! So good!!!!! We ate like pigs and love it (Davy called it the place with the GOOD BREAD). Loved our waitress. She was awesome (and heavily tipped). This meal really cheered Davy up!

View attachment 584687

Then, time for Splash Mountain. That was a bit of a wait - 30 minutes? We CANNOT WAIT until it changes to Princess and the Frog. Davy absolutely loves the music from that one. But, we do love the drop (and, water ride!!!!).

We reluctantly went back to the room.... tomorrow: more housekeeping... more back pain... and, SAVED by Portofino Bay.

No, that is horrific with housekeeping. The whole incident. As Lori says if that had been mine, I would have gone through the roof.

But, love the sabre thingy thing....and yes, love the purple!! Nice castle picture too, but I hate the rose gold look....a little cheap looking, it was much nicer before they changed it.

Looking forward to a better day ahead for you and Davy Alice.......and hope the back doesn`t give you too much trouble.......

Wait.....Splash Mountain is changing to the Princess and the Frog?????

The photo of Davy with the lightsaber is too funny, lol! And purple is a super choice!

And the housekeeping incident....I have no words.....
I'm sorry he had that terrible experience...

If that had happened to my teen daughter, I'd have gone ballistic!

I do love that pic and purple is my color!

Yeah -- I do go ballistic at checkout coming up!

No, that is horrific with housekeeping. The whole incident. As Lori says if that had been mine, I would have gone through the roof.

But, love the sabre thingy thing....and yes, love the purple!! Nice castle picture too, but I hate the rose gold look....a little cheap looking, it was much nicer before they changed it.

Looking forward to a better day ahead for you and Davy Alice.......and hope the back doesn`t give you too much trouble.......

Wait.....Splash Mountain is changing to the Princess and the Frog?????

I feel better that everyone agrees how crazy it was (still bad stuff tomorrow -- but not as bad).

I HAD to pick purple!

Yes -- that's what I've heard about Splash Mountain anyway. We love that movie, so that'd be great!

I feel better that everyone agrees how crazy it was (still bad stuff tomorrow -- but not as bad).

I HAD to pick purple!

Yes -- that's what I've heard about Splash Mountain anyway. We love that movie, so that'd be great!

Not being a particular Disney movie fan, I’ve never seen Princess and doodah film……so no clue what it’s about, although think I can guess……lol….

Love purple……..and glad it’s not just as bad a day for you Alice….

June 7, Day 7

This day would have been the 50th birthday of my beautiful best friend, Sarah de Leon. But, 31 years ago, she was murdered. There has been a Dateline episode and the DNA of Murder episode about her case. There was an arrest fairly recently but the judge threw the case out for lack of physical evidence. I try to focus a little more on her life (although, obviously I have fought for many, many years for justice for her). I woke up thinking about her and wondering where we might be had she lived. She wanted to be a travel agent --we, in our short time together -- got to travel a TON. I am sure we would have had many more adventures. She also wanted so badly to be a mom. I try very hard to be a good one in her honor. I was lucky to be her buddy.

sarah.jpg

Davy wanted to relax again but we did get up and get a boarding group again for Rise of the Resistance. Yay! I decided after to take a walk to the parks early. That way, I could think a bit about Sarah and do some things I really wanted to do. Davy was happy to relax. BUT, he asked again, "no one from housekeeping will come this morning, right?" I said, "they PROMISED me no."

So, with that, I headed out. First, I had breakfast:

cotton candy bfast.jpg

I did not eat the most healthy food this trip...

Anyway, I had no desire to ride anything (other than Rise of the Resistance later with Davy), so I spent my morning taking pics of an empty Galaxy's Edge as everyone was running to rides and I bought more stuff. I got stuff for my buddy Bill that wasn't out the other day and a ton more stuff for me... including one of the legacy lightsabers I had been eyeing (Rey's). So, yes folks, I bought two lightsabers this trip. I now have four lightsabers my guy Jason will hang up for my birthday in a light display. :)

My buddy Pam could not believe how empty the parks look. You just have to know where to be when. :)

Chewie and Rey:

chewie & ray.jpg

galaxy edge 4.jpg

falcon.jpg

dok ondar's.jpg

galaxy edge 3.jpg

galaxy edge 2.jpg

galaxy edge 1.jpg

docking bay 7.jpg

I had such a lovely walk... until I was carrying all of my goodies (and Bill's!). SO HEAVY. So, I stopped at a shop outside of Galaxy's Edge (as the shops were starting to get crowded as I left) and had then ship all of our stuff. Whew! A relief to get rid of it and my back was hurting again. STUPID PULLOUT BED!

I was walking back on the path to Boardwalk when Davy called. A knock had come on the door. IT WAS HOUSEKEEPING. He was so mad. This time it was a different housekeeper (a man). Davy said, "we were PROMISED no one would bug us this morning. I am NOT letting you in" and shut the door in his face. He felt kind of bad for it but I said don't! That was IT.

We packed up and checked out (had the bellman hold our luggage although we were a little nervous about that after everything else) and I tried to calmly but firmly explain the issues AGAIN. Davy was with me this time. The front desk woman again gave a very flat apology and asked me what I wanted her to do . I said, "SOMETHING!" She said would I like to have the Housekeeping manager call me. I said yes. She said, "well, understand they are VERY BUSY so it may not be for a few hours..." I said I understood that and that was fine but, as my son asked me, would she feel it was a little more urgent if the man housekeeper had walked in and it was my minor daughter naked in the tub. She just said, "I understand." Ok..... So.... of course.... never got a call. We did fill out the survey about the room and told all of this. Then, when I got back, I looked up the email that handles complaints. I understand that is taking a few weeks to get a response but they usually do. I said in that email that my son felt violated and then ignored and that I was shocked after previous wonderful staff interactions that there seemed no concern for a minor's safety -- as this was truly a safety issue. If I do not hear back in a few weeks, I will try to call. I must mention I also sent compliments on several staffers. I understand how overworked and stressful it's been... but, this just seemed so weird and my son said he now has a true fear of housekeeping. He also made me promise NEVER to stay at Boardwalk again. I agreed even though it was the perfect location.

So, we walked over to Hollywood Studios again. We rode Rise of the Resistance again. No pics this time. Just enjoyed it. So amazing.

I made Davy promise me we would see the Frozen singalong at least once as I never have and heard it was fantastic. He wasn't thrilled but agreed. I asked him when I was going to do it if he'd rather go to Tower of Terror while I watched the show. He agreed. The line was pretty long apparently and I did the show, got out, and Davy just finished riding. But, we both had fun. I LOVED the Frozen singalong although I spared everyone from hearing me sing. I have made Davy throw up twice with my singing (true story). Once was when I was singing "Let It Go." (the other time was Islands in the Stream... in fairness, both times he was laughing so hard at me that he eventually threw up, but still.... you can probably guess my singing skills!). Pics in continued post...

Day 7 Continued...

frozen 1.jpg

frozen 2.jpg

frozen 3.jpg

HIGHLY recommend this show.

We then went to our favorite place for lunch (atmosphere -- NOT food quality): the Sci-
Fi diner. Davy wanted to eat here twice this trip but I was only able to score one reservation. We had a blast watching all the clips (we stayed for one full loop).

sci-fi diner.jpg

sci-fi diner 2.jpg

Then, we hustled back to Boardwalk. Davy had asked if he could do his regular Dungeons and Dragons zoom call (he is the Dungeon Master of course... NERD! LOL) so we needed to get back to Portofino Bay ASAP. We had no problems getting a Lyft and getting there. This time, we were on the side of the dock, near the spa, and had this view:

portofino bay pool.jpg

One of my friends worried it'd be too noisy with the playground/pool right there. Could not hear A THING. This was the perfect spot and if we stay here again, we're asking for this room again. (Room 3232)

Since Davy was going to be busy for a few hours... I decided to call the spa on the off-chance they had a massage available. They did! I will say... their computers were down and the receptionist did not seem like the brightest bulb. She had me on hold forever wanting info for my 4 pm massage. I finally started walking over at is was almost 4. She got back on the line as I was walking in the door. She actually moved my massage to 4:15. I met another guest getting a facial and we were chucking a bit over the scattered-brain receptionist but she was nice.

The spa was BEAUTFIUL. I had a HUGE guy as my masseuse. He was FANTASTIC and worked out my back so well. Best money spent (other than the lightsabers...)! OMG -- I may have to go to this spa several more times in my life. So wonderful, beautiful, and relaxing!

We then went to Sal's again to pick up some pizza... and, having just eaten JUNK the whole trip, I decided to get a side salad.

salad dinner.jpg

I was so worried my body would now reject real nutrition. LOL. But, I was fine. And, it was yummy after pure sugar for 7 days.

We were so pooped and the beds felt SOOOOOOO nice... we fell asleep at 8 pm!!!! A REAL AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE BED! I did not realize how much I loved them!

Tomorrow... an amazingly relaxing and water-filled day. Plus, man, I don't give a %^& what I look like in the parks but others sure do!

Last edited:
June 8, Day 8

We slept for 12 hours! So glorious! That bed!

I decided to run to Starbucks to get us some goodies. Boy, there were some chatty excited folks in line! I'm pretty chatty too and they were almost too much for me! This was BEFORE they inhaled caffeine I'm assuming too!

We lounged around. Davy read. I watched some French Open. Decided to get lunch at Sal's. A truly lazy and fun morning.

Then, we decided to get in our swimsuits and do water rides. Oh my gosh -- we were drenched and it was amazing. We love Bluto's Barges, Dudley Do Right, and Jurassic River Adventure SO MUCH. I think Dudley went down again. I think it went down every single time we rode this trip. It's Davy's absolute favorite so we stick it out. It was never a completely horrible wait. Plus, there are fun posters!

dudley do right.jpg

So, several times, I have seen women who just do NOT want to get wet on these rides. But ponchos, squirming around, complaining -- nothing ever keeps them dry and I am just amazed they ride. I saw one lady this day who was in full makeup, nice outfit, nice shoes (but so not park-appropriate). She put on a poncho on Bluto's. Davy and I looked at each other and burst out laughing. Boy, she got NAILED quite a few times. And, Davy and I roared every single time. I was a wet, crazy-looking mess. Didn't care and loved every minute.

Also, it's 90-plus degrees outside. I am DYING when I see people in those heater/dryers in this weather.

So, yeah, we make fun of those folks.

We zipped back to the hotel, cleaned up, and went to dinner at Trattoria Del Porto. Pretty good as I recall.

trattoria del porto.jpg

We then headed to Universal and Davy rode RRR while I shopped a bit. Got an ET ornament. I am an ornament SUCKER. I had to buy a third Christmas tree last year just for my nerdy sci-fi ornaments.

We then went to Spidey for the first time. Right before park close. And, it broke down. We waited. It was fun. Davy liked it better than he remembered. So weird that this one I am fine on, but Transformers still gets me a little motion sick even with my patch.

We then headed back to our comfy beds happy as can be. I'm pretty sure Davy ran back and I strolled back.

Tomorrow... the things I do for Voodoo Donuts and I discovered a new Harry Potter candy favorite.

Lovely picture of Sarah there Alice. I know you still feel that loss, especially the circumstances. Sarah was in my mind recently as this Tuesday will be 5 years since my friend passed away. One minute I think it`s been so long, then I feel it`s only been 5 minutes. Keeping close to her family helps though.

BUt, what a mix bag on the trip so far.

Yes, lack of concern is worrying......they seemed to have no empathy whatsoever....male or female teen, that shouldn`t have happened, completely wrong, but the lack of anything more than a flat cursory apology is not good service.

Glad you enjoyed the Spa....it`s been years since I went, and I mean years!! Sounds like you really needed that massage......love the pictures and agree about the folk in the ponchos hiding from water........a group of us had a lot of fun booing a group of folks years ago who came in the line almost shrink wrapped in plastic......it was 95F out......you`re supposed to get wet on water rides.......

Love the pictures too......looks amazing so empty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter