Webmaster Pete's review of the Royal Pacific

FDP was only instituted after hurricanes hit the prior years & the rooms were begging to be filled, not so much a 'perc' as a promo

Disney has generally offered promotional rates after the Florida kids go back to school and before the Columbus Day weekend; middle of August through September. FDP replaced deeply discounted resort rates during the same time period. The current DDP started in 2005.

Discounts during the "hurricane" season isn't anything new.

edited to add--The fact is the DJ played music that at least some parents may have an issue with. That's useful information. Many parents may not have a problem. Others will. A review is useful if it gives reasons. People reading the review can decide if those reasons apply to them. I'm not sure why so many people are attacking the review.

If they are playing offensive music, then we can just exercise our rights and do a complaint. If you are happy, then there is no problem. I'm very liberal but I cannot stand hearing words like Ho's, etc., etc., especially on vacation as they are pretty offensive to me. Again you make the decision to turn the radio channel or go to the DJ and ask to play something more appropriate if you feel so inclined. At least we do have that right to do so. I will admit that a lot of the songs the kids probably do not know what it means. I'm a big fan of Lady Gaga and I know most kids don't get the meaning - Wanna take a ride on your disco stick - but parents do have the right to make a complaint about it if they feel.

I certainly would not be thrilled with what the teacher is teaching them in music. On the other hand whether my kid understands what they're singing or not I don't want them singing about drinking or sex. :eek: Children grow up way too fast and worldly these days because of what we fill their little minds and hearts with.

My 5 YO watches Disney animated movies and that's the kind of music he listens and sings as well. That and the old standby preschool songs like Old McDonald, Bingo, and Christian music. :)

My teenage son recently told me that if he has to hear "This little light of mine" sung One More Time in church, he's going to scream. Right in the middle of service. :rotfl2:

My children are both teenagers now, and while you've only my word for it, I'm proud to say that breastfeeding them to "Rattlesnake Road" and letting them sing along to Meatloaf when they were toddlers doesn't seem to have hurt them one bit. They don't drink, they don't smoke, they still like hanging out with the parentals, and my daughter says boys are "too much work". :thumbsup2 They haven't grown up too fast. They've grown up sensible and smart.

But each to his own. And if music is an issue, then by all means I believe parents should talk to the DJ. As a professional, he should be able to adjust the playlist accordingly (though I suspect that he might get complaints from other guests if he starts playing Old MacDonald!).

The thing is, I really DO have sympathy with the staff if they're being forced to listen to non-stop Island Musak now. I had to work in one place where our boss piped big band music over the intercom. To this day, "Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me," still puts my teeth on edge. And my mother-in-law loathes Christmas music thanks to decades working in a big chain pharmacy.

Disney has generally offered promotional rates after the Florida kids go back to school and before the Columbus Day weekend; middle of August through September. FDP replaced deeply discounted resort rates during the same time period. The current DDP started in 2005.

Discounts during the "hurricane" season isn't anything new.

edited to add--The fact is the DJ played music that at least some parents may have an issue with. That's useful information. Many parents may not have a problem. Others will. A review is useful if it gives reasons. People reading the review can decide if those reasons apply to them. I'm not sure why so many people are attacking the review.

true, but FDP TS when booking a less than a $100 a night value room for 2 adults & 2 teens was the best deal i've ever seen!

i was thrilled to book a moderate last Dec @ $140+ & get it once again:)

there are discouts & there are deals:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter