What do you silently judge people for?

the only reason this doesn't bother me is that I know someone who struggled SEVERELY with fertility issues, wanted nothing more than to have a child, had several adoptions fall through and she refers to herself as a mom to her dog and everyone in our friend group doesn't think twice about it.

If she wants to be a dog mom she can be a dog mom. It may very well be the only mom she can be at the moment.
And in all honesty it's fairly harmless as described. Plus the pet industry is billions of dollars worth; like it or not it helps the economy because you know people just have to buy these cute lil outfits:

Now come on admit y'all watched it and got a smile out of it :love:

*Not my video

the only reason this doesn't bother me is that I know someone who struggled SEVERELY with fertility issues, wanted nothing more than to have a child, had several adoptions fall through and she refers to herself as a mom to her dog and everyone in our friend group doesn't think twice about it.

If she wants to be a dog mom she can be a dog mom. It may very well be the only mom she can be at the moment.

This. 🥰 I had cancer at 27 and lost my fertility from the chemo. My dogs are my babies. I’m lucky enough to have had one kiddo before I got sick but I always wanted more- I never wanted him to be an only child. Taking care of my dogs helped with that void.

I totally judge people for the quality of their dog ‘parenting’ though. I keep it to myself but I’m totally looking at a dog’s nails that are clearly never trimmed with total judgement.

I judge people who openly push gender bias to children - "boys don't cry, man up, he's too sensitive, that's just for girls, he needs to toughen up" are all comments we've heard from people about our son - some people were family some not.

it weirds me out. and if i hear people doing it, i'm judging them. we gave my son a toy vacuum cleaner for his birthday when he turned 3 - the only one i could find was pink (which, again, seriously....?)

and my brother in law gave us a hard time - "are you trying to sissy him up"....

pardon me?

so i judge people harshly for that behavior. oh well.

I have one son who loves My Little Pony (He tells everyone he's a brony)
My youngest son is obsessed with microwaves and has a toy one in every color including pink...and a real one that's red :rotfl2:

I totally judge people for the quality of their dog ‘parenting’ though. I keep it to myself but I’m totally looking at a dog’s nails that are clearly never trimmed with total judgement.

You can come try to trim my old dog's nails if you'd like. 😄 She flails so badly the vet can't even do it. I have to catch her when she's sound asleep and maybe I can get one or two nails before she wakes up and fights me.

Drive by parties. I understand we are in a pandemic but I judge. I have avoided any invites I’ve gotten but attended one last week for the first time because my SO asked me to go for his young niece. I felt so awkward. I’m happy that they make other people happy but I’m Still not a fan. So I probably got judged for doing something I judge. 😆

The list of things I don't silently judge might be shorter but this is fun :
*Conversations being held louder than others are talking (I swear there's one on every Disney bus and it's always the wierd ones)
*not wearing shirts to the gym.
*shameless selfie taking (particularly at the gym). Castle selfie? Makes total sense. Showboating your workout sweat? Your wierd.
*loud chewing
*people who insist on doing yoga or other exercises in queues for lines / airplanes /etc. Like listen: Your like two feet away from me. Please stop prominently displaying your buttcrack in my general direction.
* people yelling at their kids in public. My estranged mom was a bad example at most things in life but I did get taught the power of the "mom stare".... The one that stops you dead in your tracks. Ignoring bad behavior until you scream is awkward for everyone.
* letting your kids slam the chains and ropes in the queue
*being obnoxiously overly homeschooly about mundane activities

Honestly anything that you can ask "is anyone around me doing this right now?". If not then it is probably something I'm judging you for. Situational awareness is a fabulous skill. (or curse because I get really sweaty and uncomfortable at the slightest misbehavior by others in public.)

I'll get blasted, but that's what the Internet is for.

I judge people on their tattoo decisions. I'd never personally get one, and I don't mind that other people do... but there are just sooooo many that could have benefitted from some pre-tattoo consultation. Don't let someone learn the craft on a visible area of your body, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter