What do you silently judge people for?

You had a tough time posting that (lowercase) šŸ˜‚
Oh donā€™t get me started. And what is the initials for Epcot- E? And then when people write in total code on these forums. ā€œMy dd went with our ds to sm at mk and didnā€™t have a fpā€ Ugh. And my stupid phone autocorrects it anyway so how much time am I saving. And the shortened version for June is Jun. what kind of hurry do you have to be in? bahahaha

As someone who has had several pets cross the rainbow bridge, I understand the level of grief. But none (and I do mean none) of them compared to the grief of losing my mother.

So if someone walked up to me and said, ā€œI know just how you feel; I lost my pet turtle one year ago,ā€ I would have (inwardly) thought what a strange thing to say, but understood the intent.

Honestly, Iā€™ve experienced much worse

No one is downplaying the grief of losing a pet.

However, someoneā€™s bereavement is not the appropriate time to bring up your pet.

Grief Hijacking is also disrespectful
As someone who has lost both beloved pets and family, I too can speak from personal experience on this matter. If someone offers condolences that offend you, you should look inward as to why you are unable to accept their care for you rather than judge its value or intent, which is not coming from a place of dismissal of your grief.

As someone who has lost both beloved pets and family, I too can speak from personal experience on this matter. If someone offers condolences that offend you, you should look inward as to why you are unable to accept their care for you rather than judge its value or intent, which is not coming from a place of dismissal of your grief.

Good. You still missed my point. Or maybe you proved it

Oh donā€™t get me started. And what is the initials for Epcot- E? And then when people write in total code on these forums. ā€œMy dd went with our ds to sm at mk and didnā€™t have a fpā€ Ugh. And my stupid phone autocorrects it anyway so how much time am I saving. And the shortened version for June is Jun. what kind of hurry do you have to be in? bahahaha

:rotfl2: I had to look, no Epcot. Hereā€˜s the link to DIS abbreviations

https://www.wdwinfo.com/abbreviations.htm

My husband has learned some lingo because we have a group chat with our group of DISers and he'll ask if he's not understanding but pretty sure he'd still trip up over that statement :rotfl:

1. When someone calls in sick to work but they are not actually sick at all.
2. When a family at a theme park walks so that they take up the entire width of the path and no one else can get by.
3. Parking in the middle of the road in a national park to take pictures when there is only one lane in each direction, blocking all the traffic.

Last edited:
šŸ˜² love it. Well itā€™s because Epcot is already an abbreviation I guess šŸ˜‚

Yes! that's right :)

Abbreviation for Epcot is EP. The other 3 parks are easy, just use the 2 initials. For Epcot use the first 2 initials. MK EP HS & AK

Sometimes people refer to MK as the Magic Kingdom. Would that be TMK? lol. Others use DHS for HS, maybe to not have it confused for High School?

I am forever tripping over these similar groupings:
MDE, DME, EMH, EMM, MMRR, MSEP, EWP
SGE, SWGE, SoG, SDD, SDMT, SSE
CR, CSR, CS, CoP, PoC
FOTL, FoLK, FotA
ROFR, ROFL, RoL

The posted list of acronyms has DAAR for AoA? I've never seen DAAR used.

I judge people who take full body selfies and post at least one every day.

To be fair, though, it seems like those people are asking to be judged.

I judge people who take full body selfies and post at least one every day.

To be fair, though, it seems like those people are asking to be judged.

Especially adults!!!

Iā€™ll give teenagers/early 20s a pass & hope itā€™s a phase.

Especially adults!!!

Iā€™ll give teenagers/early 20s a pass & hope itā€™s a phase.

My 40 year old sister and her 40 year old husband do this currently. They are getting SO annoying. They are all high and mighty about how GOOD their bodies look because they have been SO dedicated to their "health and wellness journey" during the pandemic. šŸ™„

Yes! that's right :)

Abbreviation for Epcot is EP. The other 3 parks are easy, just use the 2 initials. For Epcot use the first 2 initials. MK EP HS & AK

Sometimes people refer to MK as the Magic Kingdom. Would that be TMK? lol. Others use DHS for HS, maybe to not have it confused for High School?

I am forever tripping over these similar groupings:
MDE, DME, EMH, EMM, MMRR, MSEP, EWP
SGE, SWGE, SoG, SDD, SDMT, SSE
CR, CSR, CS, CoP, PoC
FOTL, FoLK, FotA
ROFR, ROFL, RoL

The posted list of acronyms has DAAR for AoA? I've never seen DAAR used.

Sometimes DAK for AK, too. Since technically they are called Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney's Animal Kingdom.

My 40 year old sister and her 40 year old husband do this currently. They are getting SO annoying. They are all high and mighty about how GOOD their bodies look because they have been SO dedicated to their "health and wellness journey" during the pandemic. šŸ™„

Drink.:drinking1

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter