What is the mix of Disney / non-Disney Guests?

3) A LOT of people come to Orlando to do other things besides Disney (Universal, SeaWorld, LEGOLAND, etc.)
Business trips. Folks on the DIS (not picking on you) always seem to forget that Orlando is among the top conference cities in the USA. Even the WDW and US hotels host a great deal of them.

We also should be mindful of the guests who stay onsite, but come to WDW for things like soccer tournaments and cheerleading competitions.

So, while the parks admit many offsite guests, many onsite and Orlando guests don't really come for the theme parks. They come to attend a business trip. They might bring family, they might go to the parks for a few hours, but many don't go the parks at all.

Or do what we do and pay $120/night for a 3br townhome w/private pool offsite! I'm not a big fan of hotels, basic or luxury, because I don't want to be in one room with everyone, even a big nice room.
It is funny, because my nightmare WDW trip was staying at a condo. Trying to get away in the morning felt like groundhog day. One more thing, and one more thing, and...

We'd mostly be ready, except one person still had to eat, then someone else would start laundry, the kids would plug-in. So we could only leave in the narrow gap between shows, except someone would be using the bathroom just then.

We'd finally get everyone as far as the car, but then someone had to go back for their phone or wallet.

Oh, and since everyone had to come and go together in the car, we ALL had to return as soon as the weakest link got a tiny blister, so no parks after dark or fireworks. Ugh! Night's the best part of the park day.

Then we had to clean the condo.

There was a comedian that pointed out that Uber is doing exactly what our parents told us never to do constantly as we were growing up. Never get in a strange car with someone that you don't know, ever. Now we fall all over ourselves to do just that. And for what? To save a few bucks on cab fare. There will be an event someday that will bring that back to light. Hopefully, it won't be anyone I know. Yes, I realize that it could happen with license cab drivers as well, but, just not as likely.

It is funny, because my nightmare WDW trip was staying at a condo. Trying to get away in the morning felt like groundhog day. One more thing, and one more thing, and...

We'd mostly be ready, except one person still had to eat, then someone else would start laundry, the kids would plug-in. So we could only leave in the narrow gap between shows, except someone would be using the bathroom just then.

We'd finally get everyone as far as the car, but then someone had to go back for their phone or wallet.

Oh, and since everyone had to come and go together in the car, we ALL had to return as soon as the weakest link got a tiny blister, so no parks after dark or fireworks. Ugh! Night's the best part of the park day.

Then we had to clean the condo.
That sounds more like a lack of communication. I have never had a problem like that even when we went with 11 family members. I'm assuming here that you had your own vehicle or rental, if so, it was determined the previous night when we were leaving for the parks, etc. If they didn't get out there in time, then they were to find their own way to the parks. Same coming back. Be there or call a cab. That only happened once, however, so the rest of the time was just my immediate family (wife and kids or just myself) so that was never a problem.

Its about an additional 10-15 minutes from the car to the TTC.

I'll gladly trade 10-15 more minutes for saving $2000!

Not saying its not worth the savings, but it is well more than the 15 minute drive time. Its probably more like 15 minute drive + 15 car to TTC + 15 minutes from TTC to front of MK (that's the last part you forgot and often the most lengthy). 45 minutes is more realistic. Depends on if its a busy time at the TTC, but I know one night we got out of our car at the TTC at 8:35pm and were still on the monorail when Happily Ever After began.

There was a comedian that pointed out that Uber is doing exactly what our parents told us never to do constantly as we were growing up. Never get in a strange car with someone that you don't know, ever. Now we fall all over ourselves to do just that. And for what? To save a few bucks on cab fare. There will be an event someday that will bring that back to light. Hopefully, it won't be anyone I know. Yes, I realize that it could happen with license cab drivers as well, but, just not as likely.

Yep. That's why I don't use uber. I can't get past that. I have acquaintances who won't even accept rides from coworkers or friends of friends, people who would never dream of using the ride board at college...yet they rave about uber and lyft. I don't get it at all. Uber is probably half price a cab ride during nonsurge pricing. So most of the time I'd be saving 5-10 bucks. Not worth it to me.

We're adults now, though, and can make our own decisions. I use Lyft exclusively, have not had a problem, and have no concerns about using the service in the future. Of course, I hitchhiked back in the day...

Yep. That's why I don't use uber. I can't get past that. I have acquaintances who won't even accept rides from coworkers or friends of friends, people who would never dream of using the ride board at college...yet they rave about uber and lyft. I don't get it at all. Uber is probably half price a cab ride during nonsurge pricing. So most of the time I'd be saving 5-10 bucks. Not worth it to me.
I would never, ever do it alone. We used it once at Disney, but it was 7:30 AM and I was with my law enforcement husband who clearly knows defense. :)

I read somewhere in the past year that there are 35k in on-property rooms and 65k in off-property rooms in the WDW area...not sure what that areas includes, but that is what I recall reading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter