When will your Christmas tree go up?

I don't have space for a full size Christmas tree. I do have a growing live Christmas tree planted in a small garden out front of where I live. In normal years, I tend to get a potted tree (maybe about a foot tall or less counting the planter soon after Thanksgiving because they tend to not last in the stores too long. My church does have a Christmas Tree lot ministry that I enjoy volunteering for but most all of those trees are full size.

Last edited:
We are putting our tree up today (Nov 1). We are going to be in Nashville for a week at Thanksgiving and in Maine for Christmas- 2 or 3 weeks and we want to enjoy our tree at home for a while. We bought a new tree from Balsam Hill so I am REALLY excited to see it up!!

We are putting our tree up today (Nov 1). We are going to be in Nashville for a week at Thanksgiving and in Maine for Christmas- 2 or 3 weeks and we want to enjoy our tree at home for a while. We bought a new tree from Balsam Hill so I am REALLY excited to see it up!!

Ours is a Balsam Hill, too! We love it!!

Unless the wife decides otherwise it will go up the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Last year we put it up the Saturday before Thanksgiving only because we were leaving Thanksgiving day for my Mother's house for two days before going to WDW. Otherwise my wife is very strict that there is nothing Christmas until after Thanksgiving, however in my car, Christmas music starts today.

I was thinking of doing it yesterday and was eyeing my new red ribbons and lights this morning. Just bought candy canes online last night and had some cookies so I'm thinking it's going to be a mashup holiday season in my house, think it will be sometime the week of the 15th... it's 2020 so all bets are off.

Ha! Beware of candy canes and loose tooth....since we started the holiday so early she is already munching on them. So now the tooth fairy is coming tonight a few days earlier than expected 😂

If I am lucky I can start decorating the day after Thanksgiving though I am thinking of waiting until December 5 to put up our tree as part of our St. Nikolas Day eve celebration. I am tenatively planning on having a favorite dinner-maybe even ordering a pick up order from a favorite place so we don't need to worry about cleaning up the cooking dishes. After dinner making some Christmas goodies we will enjoy those while watching some Christmas Movies along with putting up and decorating the tree. At some point after the tree is decorated or mostly decorated I will send my youngest to help my oldest with a task in the basement so that DH and I can slip a gift for each of them under the tree.

I say if I am lucky because my oldest says that my decorations are ugly, DH does not like dealing with the mess and hassle of packing away all the non holiday items to put up the holiday items only to reverse it when the holidays are over. Youngest doesn't care either way just don't ask for too much help but let help if wants to do so.

Sorry not sure why it’s uploading sideways - it’s correct on my phone)

I love it anyway!

But the solution for future posts is to crop any picture ever so slightly before you post it. I’m not sure why it works, but someone here on the DIS clued me in as well. If the photo is unedited, the phone will always try to post it in landscape format.

Our trees went up Sunday. I couldn't wait lol and with having artificial it works good. We will be gone the week of Thanksgiving so I figure get it done now and enjoy it. They Disney tree is decorated. The main tree in the family room is up but not getting ornaments until today. Kids weren't quite into decorating Sunday and DD has been at dance the past 2 nights but asking now to help. So this is our after work project today. About 75% of my other decorations are our too. The outside decorations will go up next weekend since DH is hunting this weekend.

I'm and early December baby and my parents would always wait until after my birthday to put up the tree. With my family we started putting it up the day after Thanksgiving, that way the kids would be off school and could help out! (I have a 12 ft. tree it's crazy!)

Hoping our cats don't tear ours down. We just left for an impromptu week at Disney, but had already put ours up. I told the cat sitter to just walk around it if they knock it over lol!

We cut down a live tree, so we won't put it up until after Thanksgiving so that it will last until Christmas. We did it a week earlier last year, and our tree almost didn't make it.

early DEC

Much to my own surprise ( maybe not, LOL) my Christmas tree is up on NOV 18th. This is a first in my adult lifetime any tree has been up before the end of November, certainly never before Thanksgiving. All the decorations are ready outside too.

#1 the warm weather a few weeks ago got me started on the outdoor lights. This involves ALOT of extension cords, of course.
#2 Hubby leaving for AZ to go to our Condo so that means IT MUST GET DONE before he leaves. He'll be gone for a few weeks.
#3 The Christmas tree has to come down from the garage rafters before he leaves.
#4 The tree ( 9ft/ 3 sections) has to be put together before he leaves.
#5 If the tree is in the living room today, then the lights may as well go on too

The tree will get decorated this weekend
The outside lights will get flipped on Thanksgiving evenin

This pretty much insures I'll be ready to pack it up come DEC 26th.

I still have pumpkins outside and all the Fall decor inside

Happy Thanksgiving
Merry Christmas

Hoping our cats don't tear ours down. We just left for an impromptu week at Disney, but had already put ours up. I told the cat sitter to just walk around it if they knock it over lol!
We have 4 cats. I decided this year there was no sense having decorations if I didn't use them- so I put out our Santa collection and our Byer's Choice Carolers. We did forego breakable ornaments for the tree (I gave all of those to my daughter) but there are some pretty "shatterproof" ornaments so if the tree gets climbed at least we can just pick it up and not sweep up broken glass.

Knock on Wood! So far they have pretty much left everything alone. They enjoy walking under the tree and have batted the lower ornaments about, but I'm ok with that!

We have 4 cats. I decided this year there was no sense having decorations if I didn't use them- so I put out our Santa collection and our Byer's Choice Carolers. We did forego breakable ornaments for the tree (I gave all of those to my daughter) but there are some pretty "shatterproof" ornaments so if the tree gets climbed at least we can just pick it up and not sweep up broken glass.

Knock on Wood! So far they have pretty much left everything alone. They enjoy walking under the tree and have batted the lower ornaments about, but I'm ok with that!

Our cats have been great!! They didn't mess with the tree the whole time we were gone. They sit under it, but that is it.

Dd put ours up a couple days ago.
It’s not a big one because last year our dog and cat were younger and were all over it,lol.
We haven’t decorated yet we are seeing how well they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter