When will your Christmas tree go up?

Love all the tree pictures!
We always do ours the day after Thanksgiving. I have a new cat this year and he is a terror, so I am scared of what he might do to it. I have 5 cats in total. The others didn't bother my tree even as kittens. This boy has broken lamps and knocked pictures off the wall. He's a wild man. I'm afraid for my tree.....

I responded earlier that we always put up the Christmas tree on the day after Thanksgiving, but since we're staying home for Thanksgiving this year we might do it on Thanksgiving afternoon. My husband put it up last weekend instead. My 16 year old is beside herself. This is not tradition! She said, "Putting up the Christmas tree before Thanksgiving is like eating turkey on Halloween. It's just not right!" ;-)

I responded earlier that we always put up the Christmas tree on the day after Thanksgiving, but since we're staying home for Thanksgiving this year we might do it on Thanksgiving afternoon. My husband put it up last weekend instead. My 16 year old is beside herself. This is not tradition! She said, "Putting up the Christmas tree before Thanksgiving is like eating turkey on Halloween. It's just not right!" ;-)
Tell her bah humbug! 😂😂😂

Well in Canada our Thanksgiving has come and gone. Was waiting for Rememberance Day on the 11th to go by. I usually put our stuff up a month before Christmas.

Some people have their tree and outside lights on the day after Halloween. To me that is too early.

Last edited:
I mean she's not wrong, I've always thought of the ever-increasing Christmas creep like the bratty spoiled kid who can't stand to stand back and let their siblings have the spotlight for their special days.

That said, it's 2020 - so fork it. There are no rules this year.
Well that and Thanksgiving has always been the launching pad for Christmas anyway (Seriously, Thanksgiving growing up was when all the kids sat down at the table with the sales papers and made our lists for the grown-ups.), and I mean you can eat Turkey anytime - it's good for you.

We usually put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but decided not to decorate at all this year since no one would see it but DH and me. And we are leaving the 28th for a month in a condo on Mackinaw Island and I will have too much to do to get ready for that, I don’t want to bother with putting everything away before we go.

We’ll not be putting up the tree to decorate. We have a tree with lights, animation and music. Took it out of the box and it’s set up. I will be putting some homemade decorations by grandkids around it. We also have a Lego train on a board set up and I have half of my crèche collection set up on our mantle.

DH set up our outside lights, and already we have gone out evenings to look at different neighborhoods lights display. It’s a very different feeling of Christmas this year.

Adding two more.

The dinosaur tree in the playroom. Lights change from blue and green to red and yellow:
03764F8F-4859-4775-8E52-0E4854D30824.jpeg

Our main tree. The one with the family ornaments that the presents go under:
DD51C6F5-3190-4445-BF4E-93A5830E2EA6.jpeg

Reactions: NAB
We cut our tree yesterday, will bring it in and decorate in a week or two.
The tree farms were completely crazy this weekend!

We decided not to get a real tree this year since nobody's coming over anyway. Dragged the 6 artificials and all the decorations down today, hope to be mostly decorated by tomorrow. I wasn't sure about doing it at all this year, but I have to admit that it adds a special glow that will hopefully lift my mood (Covid fatigue is getting to me).

We decided not to get a real tree this year since nobody's coming over anyway. Dragged the 6 artificials and all the decorations down today, hope to be mostly decorated by tomorrow. I wasn't sure about doing it at all this year, but I have to admit that it adds a special glow that will hopefully lift my mood (Covid fatigue is getting to me).
I wasn’t going to decorate this year either but glad I did.

Well in Canada our Thanksgiving has come and gone. Was waiting for Rememberance Day on the 11th to go by. I usually put our stuff up a month before Christmas.

Some people have their tree and outside lights on the day after Halloween. To me that is too early.
It's waaaay too early for my usual routine but on Tuesday we had a whole butt-ton of new restrictions announced and here I was with an entire Saturday without anywhere to go or anything to do. Add to that a crazy-nice day weather wise, and DH, DS and I got a lot of our outdoor stuff up. :santa:

It's waaaay too early for my usual routine but on Tuesday we had a whole butt-ton of new restrictions announced and here I was with an entire Saturday without anywhere to go or anything to do. Add to that a crazy-nice day weather wise, and DH, DS and I got a lot of our outdoor stuff up. :santa:
Keep hanging around me and I’ll have you putting your tree up prior to Canadian Thanksgiving before you know it! 🎄

Also, what is “crazy-nice weather” in Canadian terms? Only -10C*? You didn’t have to use a rope to find your way back to the igloo?

;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter