Why is Disney not looking after it’s UK guests?

Hey

good news hopefully now it’s extended to October to give people more certainty with cancelling. I guess it’s how the wording plays out that they can maintain your offer (DDP) In the info about hotels but due to them cancelling the DDP they will subtract the cost of that on your holiday in the dining Plan section. If they allowed us to rebook for next summer and reduced by £3300 (for me) then happy days. I’ll take that offer if not I’ll wait until something comes around next year too book.

with it ever changing. Best thing is to hold tight do everything as you should so you Don’t miss out if they do incentivise a future book. They will contact us and give us the options.

hopefully everyone gets the option that suits them 😊

Hey

good news hopefully now it’s extended to October to give people more certainty with cancelling. I guess it’s how the wording plays out that they can maintain your offer (DDP) In the info about hotels but due to them cancelling the DDP they will subtract the cost of that on your holiday in the dining Plan section. If they allowed us to rebook for next summer and reduced by £3300 (for me) then happy days. I’ll take that offer if not I’ll wait until something comes around next year too book.

with it ever changing. Best thing is to hold tight do everything as you should so you Don’t miss out if they do incentivise a future book. They will contact us and give us the options.

hopefully everyone gets the option that suits them 😊
It’s what I have been hoping for. Where I read it others have read it differently. So far it is not what anybody has been given. But hope remains.

I’ve seen a lot of people saying that they have moved / cancelled their September holiday. We are still weighing up options, but BA, who we have booked flights with, are currently only allowing flight amendments up to the end of July. Has anyone with a September booking been able to move a BA flight?

Read on another thread that there is a rumour that Disney will only allow guests to visit one park a day. I presume, if they choose to do that, that they will give us a refund of the difference between a bog standard park ticket and the park hopper that would be useless. That is, presuming the rumour is true.

Read on another thread that there is a rumour that Disney will only allow guests to visit one park a day. I presume, if they choose to do that, that they will give us a refund of the difference between a bog standard park ticket and the park hopper that would be useless. That is, presuming the rumour is true.
I doubt it. If they do not care about removing a £4K dining package without due price amendment they are not likely to be doing anything about park hopper tickets. Indeed they are not even guaranteeing entry to park if you stay onsite.

Does anyone know if the cancellation of the dining plan warrants a claim for a full refund/cancellation of hoiday when booked as a package via a travel agent?

I would also be really interested to know this. Our travel agent is still trying to deduct £200 off any credit note, stating that it's a Disney charge, even though we would be back home a month before the October 3rd date mentioned in previous posts. The TA will also only offer the remainder of our deposit (balance due this Friday) in the form of a Travel Credit Note which we must use with them before March 2021 and only on a holiday with the SAME or GREATER cost which also seems unreasonable at best! Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I am planning on going back to Disney either august or Christmas but I am thinking instead of getting any of the dining plan just putting that money on a pre paid card and doing that. It means I can get anything I want from snack carts and not worry about on plan or not.

I would also be really interested to know this. Our travel agent is still trying to deduct £200 off any credit note, stating that it's a Disney charge, even though we would be back home a month before the October 3rd date mentioned in previous posts. The TA will also only offer the remainder of our deposit (balance due this Friday) in the form of a Travel Credit Note which we must use with them before March 2021 and only on a holiday with the SAME or GREATER cost which also seems unreasonable at best! Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Politely remind them that just because ABTA has asked the government to relax guidelines on issuing refunds, it doesn't mean the law has changed..

Politely remind them that just because ABTA has asked the government to relax guidelines on issuing refunds, it doesn't mean the law has changed..
Thanks, I have tried this but their reply is that the holiday has not been cancelled by Disney or the Airline so they can still provide me with the holiday (all be it as a reduced experience without dining) they are not obliged to offer an actual refund.

Thanks, I have tried this but their reply is that the holiday has not been cancelled by Disney or the Airline so they can still provide me with the holiday (all be it as a reduced experience without dining) they are not obliged to offer an actual refund.

Have a read through the Which guidance - it sets out very clearly the criteria by which you're allowed to cancel without fee. If they've changed your flights at all, then that's enough..

Just priced a two week stay at Pop Century for August 2021 and all 4 dining plans are bookable, as it is in January 2021 but there is no option to book anything for 2020

Tried to call Disney yesterday and now bang on 10am as they open today, just keep getting told their offices are closed. Anyone else having this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter