Wakey

DIS Veteran
Being from the UK, I am very excited about the World Cup starting.
I know ‘soccer’ is getting increasingly popular in the USA, are you also looking forward to the World Cup?
USA is my second team so good luck. This is because I visit you for around a month a year, and also support Leeds United here in the U.K.- and we have two fantastic USA players (and a US manager, and part owners, the 49ers, who may buy the whole club soon). Brenden Aaronson and Tyler Adams are both Leeds United boys in the Premier League and both are playing very well indeed so think they will do well for you.
You have a very young, decent team so best of luck.
Unfortunately England are not too good at the moment and peaked a few years ago so I’m not expecting them to do that well.😞

I might tune in a little bit. Good luck to you as well! I had the pleasure to visit London in 2019 as part of a trip with Paris and it was so wonderful!

I am so looking forward to it. I love the World Cup. I am hoping for the best with the USA but as they say in Ted Lasso "It's the hope that kills you." I have this on repeat in my head lately as I have been a Buffalo Bills fan since birth thus my struggles. Good Luck to all the teams. I am so excited for the opening matches.

Beer has just been banned for sale at the stadiums with just two days notice.

FIFA officials and other VIPs will still be allowed alcohol but not regular attendees.

Hopefully AB InBev destroys FIFA in court and they cease to exist.

Journalists have been struggling to report from Qatar as broadcasts are interrupted by security forces stopping all filming.

15000 slave laborers were killed during construction of the stadiums.

Awarding the tournament to a country with such a poor human rights record should end FIFA as an organization.

Last edited:
Being from the UK, I am very excited about the World Cup starting.
I know ‘soccer’ is getting increasingly popular in the USA, are you also looking forward to the World Cup?
USA is my second team so good luck. This is because I visit you for around a month a year, and also support Leeds United here in the U.K.- and we have two fantastic USA players (and a US manager, and part owners, the 49ers, who may buy the whole club soon). Brenden Aaronson and Tyler Adams are both Leeds United boys in the Premier League and both are playing very well indeed so think they will do well for you.
You have a very young, decent team so best of luck.
Unfortunately England are not too good at the moment and peaked a few years ago so I’m not expecting them to do that well.😞
I had to do a double take when I saw another World Cup thread. LOL. Given the several WC threads I have, you can say I’m super excited (just not as enthusiastic about the location due to obvious reasons). Our match against you will be the most watched USA match in history. I expect a shocking 2-1 win by the USA (yes, call me crazy England fans). Your media (nothing against you) really seems to think the USA is going 3 and out. We’ll see. I’ve waited 8 years to see my team play in the WC and upsets happen every group stage. As for how the Disboards feel about the WC, check out my thread to view the poll. Good luck to the three lions. The Stars and Stripes are coming over to win. :-)

Last edited:
I’ll watch the first 3 US matches, and possibly bits of others. If the US advances I’ll continue to watch. If not, I’ll probably skip everything except the final.

I really don’t even know which countries are playing other than the US England Iran Wales group.

Besides Qatar, the host. If the tournament was elsewhere, is there a snowball’s chance that Qatar would qualify?

Beer has just been banned for sale at the stadiums with just two days notice.
FIFA officials and other VIPs will still be allowed alcohol but not regular attendees.
Hopefully AB InBev destroys FIFA in court and they cease to exist.
Journalists have been struggling to report from Qatar as broadcasts are interrupted by security forces stopping all filming.
15000 slave laborers were killed during construction of the stadiums.

Awarding the tournament to a country with such a poor human rights record should end FIFA as an organization.
Right behind the IOC for the Chinese Olympic debacle. I’d like your post more than once if I could. :cheer2:

I'm very excited, grew up in a soccer household watching the premier league every weekend. Hoping US will make it out of group stages but the England game is going to be tough
USA has never lost to England in the WC. It’s going to be 1950 all over again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter