I'm excited. I will be watching most games. I wish it wasn't in Qatar and think awarding them this tournament was a human rights disaster but I'm not going to skip it. I felt giving Russia 2018 was just as bad.

I'm already planning to be at a couple of the 2026 games.

Beer has just been banned for sale at the stadiums with just two days notice.

FIFA officials and other VIPs will still be allowed alcohol but not regular attendees.

Hopefully AB InBev destroys FIFA in court and they cease to exist.

Journalists have been struggling to report from Qatar as broadcasts are interrupted by security forces stopping all filming.

15000 slave laborers were killed during construction of the stadiums.

Awarding the tournament to a country with such a poor human rights record should end FIFA as an organization.
Agree it’s a bad place, but there are worse.
Meanwhile Biden grants Saudi Prince who arranged for a journalist to be cut up, immunity from US lawsuits. https://www.reuters.com/legal/biden...y-khashoggi-killing-lawsuit-court-2022-11-18/
Hopefully one day we will see the end of authoritarian regimes, but I doubt it. Does the free world try and bring them in and stay close to them?
Fifa- well we all know it has an extremely questionable past.

Agree it’s a bad place, but there are worse.
Meanwhile Biden grants Saudi Prince who arranged for a journalist to be cut up, immunity from US lawsuits. https://www.reuters.com/legal/biden...y-khashoggi-killing-lawsuit-court-2022-11-18/
Hopefully one day we will see the end of authoritarian regimes, but I doubt it. Does the free world try and bring them in and stay close to them?
Fifa- well we all know it has an extremely questionable past.
Even David Beckham is drinking the kool-aid.

I had to do a double take when I saw another World Cup thread. LOL. Given the several WC threads I have, you can say I’m super excited (just not as enthusiastic about the location due to obvious reasons). Our match against you will be the most watched USA match in history. I expect a shocking 2-1 win by the USA (yes, call me crazy England fans). Your media (nothing against you) really seems to think the USA is going 3 and out. We’ll see. I’ve waited 8 years to see my team play in the WC and upsets happen every group stage. As for how the Disboards feel about the WC, check out my thread to view the poll. Good luck to the three lions. The Stars and Stripes are coming over to win. :-)
Hadn’t seen your thread, nice to see you are such a fan.
I had to laugh at some of the comments- people don’t know anyone who watches football? It’s the most watched sport on earth. Probably around 4 billion people will watch the World Cup Final. The teams in the Premier League are some of the most expensively assembled sports teams in the world and last time I looked Manchester City was the most highly paid sports team in the world.
I think USA will do well and I wouldn‘t be surprised if you beat England. You after all have a couple of the best Leeds United players.
Would love to see the men’s team do well and increase US interest.

I had to laugh at some of the comments- people don’t know anyone who watches football? It’s the most watched sport on earth. Probably around 4 billion people will watch the World Cup Final. The teams in the Premier League are some of the most expensively assembled sports teams in the world and last time I looked Manchester City was the most highly paid sports team in the world.
I think USA will do well and I wouldn‘t be surprised if you beat England. You after all have a couple of the best Leeds United players.
Many are fans. Some are closet fans to be honest in the workplace where baseball and American football are what’s talked about (hockey and basketball to an extent too). England will be fine. USA just needs to beat Wales to be fair. We’ll tie England most likely and narrowly beat Iran. England and USA will get 7 points and England will top the group based on goal difference.

Oh but since you're here quick question:

Why does Wales have its own team?
The UK is 4 countries as someone has said. Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales, so like everywhere else, each country has its own football team.
United Kingdom basically is these separate countries, united under one Kingdom.
Gets more complicated in that there is also ‘Great Britain’ which is the Island comprising England, Wales and Scotland, excluding Northern Ireland. This as formed in the 1707 Acts of Union when England (which also encompassed Wales at the time) joined with Scotland to form Great Britain in Union.
Yet more complication- for example in the Olympics we compete as ‘Team GB‘ so not as separate countries, and in this context ‘Team GB’ is ‘Team GB and Northern Ireland’. Not sure why they just don’t call it the United Kingdom team😂

NYCFC (CFG owned) is getting a new stadium. That will help interest in the sport greatly.

The UK is 4 countries as someone has said. Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales, so like everywhere else, each country has its own football team.
United Kingdom basically is these separate countries, united under one Kingdom.
Gets more complicated in that there is also ‘Great Britain’ which is the Island comprising England, Wales and Scotland, excluding Northern Ireland. This as formed in the 1707 Acts of Union when England (which also encompassed Wales at the time) joined with Scotland to form Great Britain in Union.
Yet more complication- for example in the Olympics we compete as ‘Team GB‘ so not as separate countries, and in this context ‘Team GB’ is ‘Team GB and Northern Ireland’. Not sure why they just don’t call it the United Kingdom team😂
They didn’t want to dominate the sport and give the rest of the world a chance to win the WC? Lol.:duck:🤣

That Peru Australia game was crazy. He’s rooting for the USA then?
I have no idea who he's rooting for but I don't think it's typically USA lol - I think he's gone for Argentina and Mexico in the past, I would think he'd root for Peru but I don't think they make it too far or at least hasn't in the past.

I have no idea who he's rooting for but I don't think it's typically USA lol - I think he's gone for Argentina and Mexico in the past, I would think he'd root for Peru but I don't think they make it too far or at least hasn't in the past.
Australia knocked out Peru in June so that’s why I asked. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter