• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you rather spend five days exploring

The one place I really want to take my kids is Washington D.C. I keep saying I'm going to do it and then I book another cruise to somewhere. My kids have seen several European capitals and haven't seen their own. They're 14 and 16 and I need to get it done....hopefully next year.

Do it!! We were the same way - kept saying we should get there...but going to Disney or Universal or a week at the lake instead. We finally bit the bullet and went over April school vacation last year, and we all loved it!!

As for the OP, I want to go to all three!

I think I'll say LA first, since I've never been to California,
then Yellowstone, as I'm a big nature person,
then NY, as I've been very briefly, but could easily fill five days with stuff I haven't done.

Yellowstone for sure.

I was thinking a big NO on both cities, then someone mentioned Disneyland, and I would like a couple of days to go there. But then I would want to get out in the desert or head to Sequoia NP for the remaining three days.

I almost always prefer nature, but I'm not opposed to big cities completely - would love to explore Vancouver, Montreal, European cities ... just not too interested in NY or LA.

Interestingly enough, I found the Grand Canyon to be kind of “meh” in comparison to not only Yellowstone, but much of AZ as well. It’s worth the trip, but unless you’re going down in it, it’s not a place one could occupy a lot of time.

We normally go for 3 days.....plenty to do.
It is beautiful!!

LA! There are so many Disney related places I would love to visit in Los Angeles. Disneyland, Walt's Barn, Bob Gurr's bus tour, The Tam O'Shanter Inn just to name a few ;)

Do it!! We were the same way - kept saying we should get there...but going to Disney or Universal or a week at the lake instead. We finally bit the bullet and went over April school vacation last year, and we all loved it!!

As for the OP, I want to go to all three!

I think I'll say LA first, since I've never been to California,
then Yellowstone, as I'm a big nature person,
then NY, as I've been very briefly, but could easily fill five days with stuff I haven't done.
California is a beautiful state, but you really need to dive from one end to the other to appreciate it. Take pacific highway from San Diego to San Fran you won’t be disappointed.

NY

Went last year for a week and ran out of time to see Statue of Liberty.

BTW, I’m Canadian and I love America:love2:
Well I’m American and Canada is my second favorite country after the US...of course. Next vacation is a Cruise out of Quebec City. Can’t wait. Just a little over 5 weeks away.

I’d probably go with:

1) LA
2) NY
3) Yellowstone

We’ve been to LA and found parts very beautiful... and parts not so much. Regardless, there is so much to do there and so much variety, plus, it’s an iconic city for film fans.

We’ve never been to New York but have friends who have and were not terribly impressed. That said I would still like to see it!

Yellowstone doesn’t excite me - I’d go there quite happily but there are other national parks (like Death Valley) which I find more interesting for some reason!

Oh, I'd have fun exploring all three of those places :) My first pick would definitely be Yellowstone. I love nature and being outside but would definitely enjoy NYC & LA as well.

Def L.A. for me, I've always enjoyed California and haven't spent as much time there as I'd like. Been to NY enough times, as for Yellowstone--that sounds like some place where there wouldn't be wifi or air conditioning...I'm out. I'd watch it on bluray though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter