• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you rather spend five days exploring

That’s interesting. It’s the hiking that concerns me and I would have thought it would have been necessary to really enjoy Yellowstone. DH has had 3 knee surgeries in the last 15 months and I need an ankle “reconstruction”. We can both walk and could probably both do 4-5 miles, but we couldn’t do that more than a day or two in a row. We haven’t even done Disney in a few years and when talking about planning a future trip it worries me a bit.
You seriously don’t have to hike to enjoy Yellowstone. I have knee issues and another in our group has some mobility issues so we walk some but not a lot. We were amazed at what all we saw. Bears, buffalo, a wolf, coyote, antelope and even a badger! Awesome trip!

Def L.A. for me, I've always enjoyed California and haven't spent as much time there as I'd like. Been to NY enough times, as for Yellowstone--that sounds like some place where there wouldn't be wifi or air conditioning...I'm out. I'd watch it on bluray though.
:thumbsup2 Absolutely - I'll take my reality virtual, please!

None of those, but I have always wanted to see the Grand Canyon. I could spend a whole hour just looking at different pictures online.

Yellowstone for sure. It's on my bucket list and I imagine I could spend a month or longer exploring and enjoying the serenity. Far, far down on the list would be LA. Been there before when I was stationed in CA, but never had a lot of desire to really spend time there. Disney Land would be fun though, but that's about it for me. New York... just no. I'm not a city person. We live in an area that's considered "country" by most people around here and there's still way too many people and not nearly enough nature for me. If I have to put up with public transport and people pressed up against me while going from one place to another, I had better be at Disney.

1. Yellowstone -- In fact, we spent 5 days there last summer. I agree with the others who say that you don't have to hike a lot to see a lot. There are boardwalks among the thermal features that require walking but not hiking. As far as air-conditioning... you don't really need it. We were there in July and wore jackets a lot of the time.

2. New York. -- I'm not a big city person, but I would like to see some of the museums and stuff that are in NYC.

3. LA -- I'd love to visit California, but I'm not that interested in spending 5 days just in LA.

1. Yellowstone
2. NYC
3. LA

Actually, I'm not sure I could find enough interesting to me that would justify 5 days in LA. Unless, of course, we're including Anaheim.

We did a snowmobiling trip to Yellowstone a long time ago. Was beyond amazing! And I'm not a cold weather, outdoorsy type person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter