Your Guests Inviting "others" to come along too!

Wow, I think that is great! I can't imaginge bringing someone without even asking. But like with the druggie bf - I would just say no, that I didn't feel comfortable with that.

I hope it didn't hurt your relationship though with your sister.
Having seen these stories come and go on DIS, it's hard to surprise me anymore. One I recall started with Sister A planning a DVC trip and getting their mother involved for the trip who invited sister B without knowledge or permission of sister A, Sister Bo took over and they pushed out sister A from even making the trip.

top quality phoenix like bump. How did you find this thread :confused:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
:lmao: wow! So vascubaguy - what ended up happening on this trip. I know it was a year and a half ago, but I'd love it if you searched your memory banks and gave us a mini report. I missed this thread at the time, but I admit that I just read it all the way through, and I was just riveted.

What happened???

I am so sorry to read stories like this and I hope it never happens to us because at least 50% of the trips we take involve inviting family and friends to join us. In fact, I just spent a happy hour planning our next trip with friends we hosted Dec 05, who are now coming down on their own and bringing two of their friends for the same week we are hosting my parents and DN.

For us, it's just been the more the merrier and we do have family and friends waiting in the wings for their next invite, but no one is pushy and we are very clear about the line up!

Having seen these stories come and go on DIS, it's hard to surprise me anymore. One I recall started with Sister A planning a DVC trip and getting their mother involved for the trip who invited sister B without knowledge or permission of sister A, Sister Bo took over and they pushed out sister A from even making the trip.

This post reminds me of some excellent advice Dean posted on a similar thread some time ago. When inviting friends or family on a trip, make sure everyone understands your ground rules before beginning. Namely, "I'll pay for mine, you pay for yours; and I don't wait for you, you don't wait for me." IMO, this is truly wise.

This post reminds me of some excellent advice Dean posted on a similar thread some time ago. When inviting friends or family on a trip, make sure everyone understands your ground rules before beginning. Namely, "I'll pay for mine, you pay for yours; and I don't wait for you, you don't wait for me." IMO, this is truly wise.
Hey, what about the other rule. There may be an occasional alcoholic beverage, if this isn't OK, DON'T GO. Though the truth be known is I only drink when other people are paying for it except for about once a year where I buy a 6 pk on vacation. But if I've promised to anyone you a beer sometime, I'll honor that commitment.

subscribuing ---- so I can read later when I have more time...

we have all been in this situation -

we get older - we get wiser ! :cool1:

Hey, what about the other rule. There may be an occasional alcoholic beverage, if this isn't OK, DON'T GO. Though the truth be known is I only drink when other people are paying for it except for about once a year where I buy a 6 pk on vacation. But if I've promised to anyone you a beer sometime, I'll honor that commitment.

Deanm my apologies for forgetting about this other rule. Truthfully, I faithfully followed this rule in my younger days. Of course, this may explain why I now forget things like this other rule.

Boy, this one came up from the basement! We have had very few issues with guests, and we seem to have them most trips. If someone did things like invite others along etc, they probably would NOT be invited back, and would likely get "uninvited" this time! As the old saying goes...."don't look a gift horse in the mouth".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter