2/19/2005 Roll-Call: Who's Comin'???

jmcross said:
Hey Lew~

I just read in another post where your cabin is. Looks like we'll be neighbors!

Joanne

Great! I am looking forward to meeting a fellow Sox and Pats fan! What a great year we have had!

So can someone who's a veteran select a spot to meet?

hmmmmm....
I don't know how much of a veteran I am but I have cruised before so I'll take a stab at a meeting place. I think it'll be too busy with the lifeboat drill before the sailaway party to meet. The sailaway party ends at 5:15 so we could meet then but it would have to be brief for those of us that have to get ready for dinner at the early seating which begins at 6:00.

I think the easiest place to meet would be in front of the bar next to the adult pool. It's usually pretty quiet there so it should be pretty easy to spot a group. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm open for any other meeting place.

Lew~I took the day off today to go to the Patriot's victory parade. It was awesome!! I am certainly well past him in age but I have to say that Tom Brady is even more cute in person!!

Joanne

jmcross said:
Lew~I took the day off today to go to the Patriot's victory parade. It was awesome!! I am certainly well past him in age but I have to say that Tom Brady is even more cute in person!!

I would have loved to go, but we're leaving early tomorrow morning. It's crunch time if you know what I mean.

Happy you were able to make it...maybe I'll see you on the 11 o'clock news tonight.

See you on the 19th!

jmcross said:
hmmmmm....
I don't know how much of a veteran I am but I have cruised before so I'll take a stab at a meeting place. I think it'll be too busy with the lifeboat drill before the sailaway party to meet. The sailaway party ends at 5:15 so we could meet then but it would have to be brief for those of us that have to get ready for dinner at the early seating which begins at 6:00.

I think the easiest place to meet would be in front of the bar next to the adult pool. It's usually pretty quiet there so it should be pretty easy to spot a group. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm open for any other meeting place.

Joanne

Any common thing we should wear? A ribbon perhaps, or maybe we can just order at the bar with our left arm up in the air until we get noticed :banana:

I've emailed to a few of you in the past - had the darndest time locating AND keeping this thread located :-)

We're a family of 5 (yes, we booked 2 adjoining staterooms in the hopes that we'll all still like each other after the cruise - we're DVC spoiled). Family includes DH, myself, DS (almost 13), DD1 (almost 11) and DD2 (almost 5).
Everyone is very excited - especially DD2....she's VERY, VERY excited.

We'll arrive around midnight at MCO. Stay at the Hyatt, then drive out on Saturday morning.

I'd love to meet people the people behind the posts - put the faces to the names ......

9 days and counting........

Lori

I LOVE my RED SOX and PATRIOTS!!! Married a Bills, Mets fan - but I don't hold that against him!!!!

Even though I live in a suburb of Rochester New York - I'm a Massachusetts girl through and through. Grew up outside of Worcester, graduated from the old SMU (now UMASS N. Dartmouth).

Looks like LOTS of New Englanders are on this cruise.

OK I will wear my DIS button, order a drink with left hand in the air, and keep an eye out for folks after the sail-away party! I think I'll be wearing a blue Hawaiian shirt--look for a Pooh sized now strawberry blond (used to be a red-head, but everything changes when you're fifty-something) LOL

I'll have to stop over and say hi really quickly!! I just realized that I made all of these plans but I have to be at the hairbraiding appointment desk at 5:30.

I'm looking forward to playing cards but I have to brush up on Texas Hold 'em. I've only played it once. I'm going to play it online to get used to the rules.

Joanne
:earsgirl:

Hi all -

We'll be there - shouldn't be too hard to spot. Look for a family of 5 all wearing tangerine (yes, orange) t-shirts!

Hubby - is willing to play any card games. He's wondering if there are any Euchre players going to be on board?????

Hey Joanne - did you folks get hit with snow again??? Initially looked rough for us, ended up with 4"!

See you all soon,
Lori

Lori~

Very little snow here last night. Only about 1-2 inches. Some suburbs west of Boston got hit with 8 inches in ONE hour!!

I'm glad to hear that you're a New England sports fan! I was hoping that you were not a die hard Yankees fan!!

I keep bugging my DS to write to your kids but he keeps saying he feels "weird". Hopefully they'll be able to meet when we do!!

I'm so looking forward to this trip and meeting everyone!!

Joanne

jmcross said:
I'm glad to hear that you're a New England sports fan! I was hoping that you were not a die hard Yankees fan!!

Um, Joanne, that Yankee fan would be me. :cool1:

Season ticket holder as well. REAL die-hard. I'll be there front and center when Johnson buries Schilling on Opening Night on April 3.

MickeyB426 said:
Um, Joanne, that Yankee fan would be me. :cool1:

Season ticket holder as well. REAL die-hard. I'll be there front and center when Johnson buries Schilling on Opening Night on April 3.

Do I look worried?? :goodvibes

The ultimate experience for me will be opening day at Fenway Park. This would be when we get to raise that World Series championship banner in front of those Yankees!! :earboy2:

Joanne

DH's Dis button says "Go Red Sox!!"

And we're also UConn basketball fans. This past season has been good to us.

jmcross said:
The ultimate experience for me will be opening day at Fenway Park. This would be when we get to raise that World Series championship banner in front of those Yankees!!
Joanne

If I'm Jeter, I'm in the clubhouse when that happens. :drinking1

Hi all!! Its been a while since I've posted. Busy, busy, busy!
I would love to meet onboard. We have 6:00pm dinner, so we'll be by for a few minutes!
I'll be the one with the loud New York mouth! LOL
BTW, DH is a diehard Yankees fan. Same with the Bills. Unfortunatly, he's also a Rangers fan-but the owners/players don't care about the fans! :(

Anyway, Can't wait! One week!

Dreamer, tell your DH that the first drink is on me...from one diehard Yankee fan to another! We'll be at the adult bar by the Goofy pool (is that the right place, guys?) after we leave port. We'll be the ones with our left arms up in the air. That's how you'll spot us. :cool1:

And how did you get that scrolling thing in your signature? I love it!

Just called DCL and got the list of movies in the Buena Vista Theatre for the cruise:

Ladder 49
Around the World in 80 Days
National Treasure
The Incredibles
Princess Diaries 2
Mr. 3000
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (the Bill Murray movie)

Not a bad lineup. I know I'll be seeing at least 4 of these movies as I never got the chance to see them in the thater.

Just thought I would pop in and wish everyone a Magical Cruise.

We cruised last year this time and I had reserved for this cruise while onboard but decided to do WDW instead. We were going to WDW for April vacation but had to cancel that trip.

Have a great time, hopefully I'll cruise again in the near future. :wave2:

Mike,

Was Mulan 2 on the list of movies?

Thanks,

Joanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter